Where to go next? ls1 with magnacharger

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where to go next? ls1 with magnacharger

Trying to decide where to go next on my ls1 ventures
http://www.montecarloss.com/communit...633338&page=36
My current set up is a stock internally 80k mile ls1 from a 99 vette. I have full headers/exhaust and a mp112 magnacharger (approximate 8psi boost) The charger is an intercooled unit designed for a 6.0 hummer h2, but I've adapted it for my use. The company says its designed to put out about 7psi on the 6.0 but with my smaller 5.7 its probly closer to 8psi. (I've never had a gauge on it) I'm always looking to upgrade but dont know what the best direction to go is. I could go heads and cam (possibly just bolt on an ls6 top end for cheap) or go with a set of aftermarket heads/cam for major power. I might possibly pick up a set of 15* warhawk heads locally for a very good price. they have the 72cc chamber and would lower compression I would assume, allowing me to run more boost. But what would be safe for the stock rods/pistons? Not more than 600hp I would assume and I know I'm close to 500 as is. Would I be better off to freshen up the block and go with forged pistons/rods- Keeping the stock top end for now?

Another option is I have an lq4 6.0 sitting around with bad cam bearings (150kmiles) but runs good. just start building this little by little? No engine experience currently(work as a technitian and have bolted on parts but never sized/installed bearings ect)- but have alot of people willing to help.
Just looking to get some ideas. I'd like to be in the 6-700hp range. I drive the car ALOT