Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this? i want it gone!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:40 AM
KCS

Received 314 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
i dont have a Chilton or a Haynes.....the local Ad or Az dont have them for this car...i already looked.

I would have done a search first but didnt know what it was called so didnt know what to search for...LOL
I figured since it was on the engine then this was the right section to blow it by you guys. Excuse meeeeeeee!!..... Most of my other questions have been in the appropriate section.
Sorry you got your feelings hurt over a little criticism, but the forum is divided in sub forums for a purpose and the moderators are having to constantly move threads because of people like you who post in the wrong forums. Do you think the administrators just had nothing better to do when they created the Intro Section? Its really not a big deal worth getting upset about and I'm sure it won't happen again if you use a little more common sense. The Internal Engine Section may not be the appropriate section to ask about things bolted to the exterior of the engine...

With that said, I'm happy you got the answer you were looking for and I sincerely welcome you to the site.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:49 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by remauto1187
LOL ..Don't laugh, soon i will be asking that question for my engine buildup. Currently i am tearing one down.

My hat is off to those of you that weren't "stuck up snobs" to the guy for asking a "newbie" question and giving him a hand. Hopefully more will come to this forum just like you.

Hang on, before you go calling people stuck up snobs, you need to realize how dense and childish you are acting. No one is pushing him away or knocking him for asking a newbie question. It's where he asked his newbie question thats the issue-and no one is actually calling him names or insults like you've chosen to do. Its just a little constructive criticism. No need to get butt hurt.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seriously? I'll just tuck you into the group of stuck of snobs.
Judging from your spelling and grammar, I'll take that as a compliment.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

of course the infamous spelling and grammer insult. get a life and grow up
Old 03-23-2011, 01:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this **** is what gives this forum a bad name.
The guy asked a legitimate question, he admitted he didn’t know much and asked a simple question.
People here need to quit giving people so much **** and just don’t post if it’s not helpful.
his question was answered thread closed.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!..u guys crack me up!!!

i for one never got my feeling hurt! im a big boy and can handle it and if you guys wanna bicker and bitch about a post in the wrong forum section then so be it...im sure you have done it before and if you havent props to ya....so if the mod wants to move this to the PROPER section then have at it...lol

SOOO!!!....!!!!!!!!!

ive been welcomed to this site 100+ posts ago so thanks again, and yeah i got my question answered except for the "what to do with the wires"

have a nice day!....
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000RDT/A
of course the infamous spelling and grammer insult. get a life and grow up
If you ever make it past high school, you'll look back on this as a moment of genuine embarrassment.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

no actually i wont. this isnt an essay. im not getting graded on how good my spelling and grammer is. i really dont have the time or desire to sit here and spell check and make sure im using proper punctuation. I assume your an english teacher or your ocd about pointless things like a slightly misspelled word on an online forum.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:44 PM
KCS

no actually i wont. this isnt an essay. im not getting graded on how good my spelling and grammer is. i really dont have the time or desire to sit here and spell check and make sure im using proper punctuation. I assume your an english teacher or your ocd about pointless things like a slightly misspelled word on an online forum.
You did it again, lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

exactly. and who gives? i hope this guy doesnt loose sleep over this ****. i just don't see the point of calling people out on dumb **** like that. to big of an ego maybe? maybe he should be a mod. for these forums so he can go striking down every person who doesn't type perfectly or care to go back and fix little typos. because i for one have more important things to worry about. o geez no capital letters and such again. hold on let me delete this and retype it the "right" way
Old 03-24-2011, 02:04 PM
KCS

exactly. and who gives? i hope this guy doesnt loose sleep over this ****. i just don't see the point of calling people out on dumb **** like that. to big of an ego maybe? maybe he should be a mod. for these forums so he can go striking down every person who doesn't type perfectly or care to go back and fix little typos. because i for one have more important things to worry about. o geez no capital letters and such again. hold on let me delete this and retype it the "right" way
Its just that proper grammar and spelling are considered an indication of education. If you don't mind looking like a fool, then by all means, continue. Just don't expect anyone to take you as a credible source of knowledge in an argument if you are either too lazy, too stupid, or too ignorant to distinguish "to" from "too". Everyone makes mistakes, its only human, but there are those who correct those mistakes and those who don't.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

ignoring all the other stuff....

Why would you want to remove the EGR other than aesthetic reasons? it doesn't operate at WOT and it doesn't hurt anything. It helps mileage and lowers pollution.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

i do correct mistakes but not so **** to go back every time. but i agree on to other things
Old 03-24-2011, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by safemode
ignoring all the other stuff....

Why would you want to remove the EGR other than aesthetic reasons? it doesn't operate at WOT and it doesn't hurt anything. It helps mileage and lowers pollution.
Considering the OP has already replied that the obligatory "what cam" thread will eventually follow this one, I doubt he is teribly concerned with mileage or pollution.

what about the weather pack plug? what to do with the wires to the valve? just snip and wrap?
except for the "what to do with the wires"
If you do choose to cut and tuck, you may have a harder time putting the EGR back on if you ever need to. If you relocate to a region where strict emissions are for example.

I would strip the harness back as far as you can and tuck them away for the easiest reversal. If you are confident in your wiring skills, you can do whatever you wish if you save the pigtail you cut off.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by O2Form
If its your daily driver i woooooodn't take the egr valve off, it helps gas mileage quite a bit.
please explain... how is re-circulating oxygen depleted hot air into your motor helping gas mileage?

Not to mention the second half of deleting "free mods" is to have the car tuned... optimizing cars performance and/or gas mileage.

Get RID of that emission junk... http://www.speedinc.com/catagory.cfm?catagory=Exhaust Scroll down and you will the exhaust plates you need for the exhaust and intake
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
KCS

Originally Posted by stangbeaterz28
please explain... how is re-circulating oxygen depleted hot air into your motor helping gas mileage?
IIRC, its basically recycling unburnt fuel.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Staging Lane

along with filthy hot air.... Clean air> recirculated air

While your at it, ditch the air smog and re-route the coolant steam pipes from your throttle body to your the top outlet on your radiator... Your car will thank you for it. Its like making your car quit smoking cigs lol

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...mount-faq.html

^^ this will explain all, If you need pics of specific stuff let me know and ill snap some for you. If you wanna go crazy with this you can also ditch the PCV system, plug the hole on your intake manifold and run a breather oil cap from thunder racing http://www.thunderracing.com/shop-by..._91.html#P1939

Just leave one line from the pass side valve cover to the TB, this is necassary for the iacv

hope i helped... even though i aint got no perfect gramma and stuff lol
Old 03-24-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Last time i checked....if you had a "club".....the last thing you want to do is push away potential new members.
Ah but thats where you are wrong...this isn't a club. Never has been, never will be. Its an incorrect analogy.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Teching In

you can make that go away by installing an LS6 intake
Old 03-25-2011, 08:09 AM
KCS

Originally Posted by stangbeaterz28
Clean air> recirculated air
For power, yes, but for fuel efficiency?

More oxygen means that more fuel needs to be added, but if unburned fuel is recycled, then would it not mean that less fuel needs to be added?

Quick Reply: what is this? i want it gone!