Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

did i blow up my ls1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02*C5
I am sure that once you check the oil, the skies will part, a white dove will descend, as angels sing.

rofl rofl
Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Lol def hear ya on the ex-wife thing. Told my girlfriend ill get her a ring when I get everything I want for my car lol.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whatever you do dont get a used clutch or a stock one. Especially if you are talking about a cam for it now.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by smg267
You should prob check the fluid in the rear next. Since your doing this *** backwards. If that's not the case make sure your tire pressure is set properly. If all else fails check the washer fluid level or left front inner brake pad for wear.

*DO NOT DRAIN THE OIL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!
LMAO damn its been a long week already buit this **** had me rolling and forgetting about it. If I ever meet you im buying you a case of the coldest beer in town.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by remauto1187
Sorry but i cannot relate......The X-wife is a X for a reason! Make sure the GF understands she is replaceable........ The woman goes BEFORE the car does.
wow! f'n awsome man. lmao
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ebk06
LMAO damn its been a long week already buit this **** had me rolling and forgetting about it. If I ever meet you im buying you a case of the coldest beer in town.
It's actually quite sad, so the guy pulled his valve cover to check for ****, it's not that hard. Then this guy goes way overboard, practically insulting him because he didn't do it his way.. ******* internet.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

just a heads up, since you have to replace the bellhousing anyway you may want to consider upgrading it too. Not many people get as lucky as you when it comes to clutch explosions/bolts flying. I would recommend a QuickTime Bellhousing, good quality very strong and they come with a plate to shield your engine aswell. Well worth the money in my mind, especially if you're already replacing.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoLLo
It's actually quite sad, so the guy pulled his valve cover to check for ****, it's not that hard. Then this guy goes way overboard, practically insulting him because he didn't do it his way.. ******* internet.
Maybe it's just me but I would of started with the easiest thing. If you have peices of aluminum in your oil the engine has to be completely disassembled. Why waste time pulling a cover?

I do respect all the work the OP did to the car to diag it after the fact.

Actually just came back from Vacation in Texas! Stayed at CollegeStation for a couple days. Aggieland is no joke. I drank enough Shinerbock to kill a man.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Launching!

some holes from the loose pressure plate bolt.
did i blow up my ls1??-img_4681-2.jpg

did i blow up my ls1??-img_4683.jpg

worst valve hit outta all eight piston valve marks....
did i blow up my ls1??-img_4684.jpg
Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Wheew. I just did my clutch install and I'm very glad I used new PP/FW bolts with some red threadlocker and properly torqued!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Launching!

I just looked at the quicktime bellhousings. there very nice.. but $600 IS alot of dough... Im trying to decide on a stock bellhousing for $189 FROM TICK PERF. Or the baller quicktime $600 with block sheild...

Also Im planning on the thunder racing: patriot heads and cam combo with the t-rex. And a stage 4 monster clutch w/ alum flywheel from ws6 store...

$ 3963.63 is what im totaling with: cam/heads/pushrods/gaskets/
timing set/stock bellhousing/underdrive pullys/belts/all arp bolts for everything! trans stuff too!/ monster stage 4 w\light weight flywheel.
with dyno tune...

Does anybody think I should go another direction. All I do is street..
roll race and stop light... no strip. But i drive it like I stole it everytime Im in it. I truely beat the *** out of it! I mean, thats why I bought it!
Old 04-17-2011, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey look valve reliefs! time for a TRex + milled heads!
Old 04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 160 Likes on 130 Posts

lol homemade valve relief pistons. saves you 400 bucks
Old 04-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Launching!

does this head / cam combo leave any hp's on the table??
Old 04-18-2011, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by stunna p
does this head / cam combo leave any hp's on the table??
there are much better options than patriot out ther. Not sayin they don't work, but your asking if that particular combo is leaving power on the table... that it is.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
there are much better options than patriot out ther. Not sayin they don't work, but your asking if that particular combo is leaving power on the table... that it is.
I don't agree with this too much. My best friends vette with Patriot stage 2's, torquer v.3, fast 102, 90mm GM tb, OBX (ebay) headers, hi-flows & midpipes, Borla SP2 catback, BBK CAI, layed down 464rwhp & 436rwtq.

So, considering it is on 93oct, stock diff, not the largest tb, stock plug wires, stock maf, stock clutch & flywheel, and no underdrive pulleys - Do you really think putting any other heads on this car are going to boost it much higher?

I'm not here to argue that there aren't better heads, but I don't think you're going to regret buying those heads. If hp is left on the table it isn't much and this isn't exactly the dollar menu. My .02
Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 AM
Launching!

I am fine with the thunder racing combo. Cause it is in my budget. And from what I understand, patriot is a great product.? So is the 500 hp goal like everyone dreams possible or close to it with this set up im looking for??
Old 04-19-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by usmonaro
I don't agree with this too much. My best friends vette with Patriot stage 2's, torquer v.3, fast 102, 90mm GM tb, OBX (ebay) headers, hi-flows & midpipes, Borla SP2 catback, BBK CAI, layed down 464rwhp & 436rwtq.

So, considering it is on 93oct, stock diff, not the largest tb, stock plug wires, stock maf, stock clutch & flywheel, and no underdrive pulleys - Do you really think putting any other heads on this car are going to boost it much higher?

I'm not here to argue that there aren't better heads, but I don't think you're going to regret buying those heads. If hp is left on the table it isn't much and this isn't exactly the dollar menu. My .02
all Im sayin is there are better heads out there... wich is a fact! There are a plethora of mamofied afr205 or tea trickflow combos putting down more power than 460whp. Like I said the patriot's work, but the op asked if there is something better... wich there is, end of story! So really what's your point? you said that you don't agree with my last post, but then say "I'm not here to argue that there aren't better heads", wich is all I was saying lmao.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stunna p
I am fine with the thunder racing combo. Cause it is in my budget. And from what I understand, patriot is a great product.? So is the 500 hp goal like everyone dreams possible or close to it with this set up im looking for??
Hitting 500whp with patriot heads would be like hitting the lottery, good luck!
Old 04-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
all Im sayin is there are better heads out there... wich is a fact! There are a plethora of mamofied afr205 or tea trickflow combos putting down more power than 460whp. Like I said the patriot's work, but the op asked if there is something better... wich there is, end of story! So really what's your point? you said that you don't agree with my last post, but then say "I'm not here to argue that there aren't better heads", wich is all I was saying lmao.
Ok prove your point. What kind of numbers do out of the box trickflows or afr's do with bolt ons? Do you think you're going to gain 50rwhp? No. Maybe 5-10rwhp if you are lucky. What I don't agree with is you telling him there's tons of power left on the table and that patriots aren't a good product. Obviously from what i've posted they are good. Those kind of whp & wtq number are excellent from a 346ci engine. And that is what he has. He's not going to change from patriots to trickflows and them put him over 500rwhp. He asked if they are a good product and they are. ESPECIALLY for the money. And here I am arguing the point with a guy who can't even spell which (wich) right. 500rwhp isn't going to be easily attainable with any n/a combo with a 346 and stock bottom end. Add n2o if you want that.

Man I hate when people get their panties in a wad when you state your opinion.

Quick Reply: did i blow up my ls1??