Sponsored by:

did i blow up my ls1??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Default u

Originally Posted by usmonaro
Ok prove your point. What kind of numbers do out of the box trickflows or afr's do with bolt ons? Do you think you're going to gain 50rwhp? No. Maybe 5-10rwhp if you are lucky. What I don't agree with is you telling him there's tons of power left on the table and that patriots aren't a good product. Obviously from what i've posted they are good. Those kind of whp & wtq number are excellent from a 346ci engine. And that is what he has. He's not going to change from patriots to trickflows and them put him over 500rwhp. He asked if they are a good product and they are. ESPECIALLY for the money. And here I am arguing the point with a guy who can't even spell which (wich) right. 500rwhp isn't going to be easily attainable with any n/a combo with a 346 and stock bottom end. Add n2o if you want that.

Man I hate when people get their panties in a wad when you state your opinion.
I never said there is tons of power left, but there is some... also i never said anything bad about patriots! Why are looking for a argument? Im not getting my panties in a wad over your opinion...but i don't like the fact you are changing my post to support your bs... Oh yea you got me on a typo, wow your awsome!
Old 04-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My question is if the patriots are pretty good for the price. Is there a better performing head out there for the same price range? Also, should I look into the 5.3 heads , or 243. For a big cam, street /roll racing you want higher compression right?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by stunna p
My question is if the patriots are pretty good for the price. Is there a better performing head out there for the same price range? Also, should I look into the 5.3 heads , or 243. For a big cam, street /roll racing you want higher compression right?
The Advanced Inductions 243's, or prc stage 1 ls6, or prc 2.5 5.3 heads are all in the patriots price range... Take the time and do some research before you jump into buying those heads is all Im saying! If you decide patriot are the heads for you thats cool... Good luck with the build!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

On the Quick time bellhousing. RPM trans Sponsor >>>> had a group purchase and think it was $469 plus shipping. I have one in my room ready when my clutch gets hear. If it happens again which sounds like you beat on your car, it will save you money,your car, and possible your legs. just look up trans am death on youtube. You got lucky.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Launching!

any thoughts on the vengence racing trick flow/ vindicator combo?
Vs thunder racings patriot/ t rex combo.... is the trick flow way nasty-er?
Old 04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
I never said there is tons of power left, but there is some... also i never said anything bad about patriots! Why are looking for a argument? Im not getting my panties in a wad over your opinion...but i don't like the fact you are changing my post to support your bs... Oh yea you got me on a typo, wow your awsome!
Wait, you wear panties?

lol, sorry had to.

Originally Posted by stunna p
any thoughts on the vengence racing trick flow/ vindicator combo?
Vs thunder racings patriot/ t rex combo.... is the trick flow way nasty-er?
Trickflows are nice in the different valve angle allowing good flow around the valves and more room for a bigger cam. I'm never going to be one searching for 500hp on a N/A 346, because I would hate it's driveability and power range. Your heads will "allow" your cam to make its highest potential power. So, until I get a bigger motor, I'm perfectly content with a PRC/Patriot/TEA ported stock casting head and a matching cam.

If I had the money, I would prefer the TFS/Vindicator combo, but I would be perfectly content with a Patriot/TRex combo if I couldn't justify the extra cash (which correct me if I'm wrong, but would be over a $1000 difference). Soo, do the math for $$/HP gain.

Last edited by HoLLo; 04-20-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Wait, you wear panties?

lol, sorry had to.

SHHHHH don't tell everybody
Old 04-21-2011, 09:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by smg267
You should prob check the fluid in the rear next. Since your doing this *** backwards. If that's not the case make sure your tire pressure is set properly. If all else fails check the washer fluid level or left front inner brake pad for wear.

*DO NOT DRAIN THE OIL UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE!
This made me laugh so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Launching!

on the vengence racing sight, the part number for the trick flow combo says 575hp?
Old 04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Regular

if your clutche blew up you might be lucky (compared to internal engine problems) i blew up a clutch in my 96 z.. damaged the bell housing a little bit... replaced the clutch and just dealt with the bell housing.. all has been fine. The transmission is easy to pull.. usually takes me about an hour in the drive way, pull the trans and see how it looks! hopefully you just needa clutch and a bell housing.

Quick Reply: did i blow up my ls1??