Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just pulled the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default just pulled the trigger

just got off the phone with jeff geoff, and gotta say that he was extremely helpful in my cam decision. would definately go threw eps again.
so i just ordered my new cam
234/246 .603/.607 111 lsa
not gonna lie pretty stoked!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And now you buckle your seatbelt and wait patiently. Hopefully not as long as myself and the other recent new order guys... 7 weeks. I apologize if I come off as rude, but I must admit I'm not too happy with the EPS order completion time. I ordered my pushrods at the same time, and it's now been 9 weeks and I still haven't received them... 7.4" pushrods shouldn't take longer than a custom camshaft order. *end rant*

Anyways... back on topic. Great choice on the cam. I'm sure you'll be ultra-happy with it. Keep us posted on how it runs. Your sig numbers are crazy good and should only get better if you're upgrading. Good luck.

Brad
Old 04-08-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

above times are with a predatorz reverse split cam spec'd for stock 806 heads. 230/228 .603/.589 110 lsa. just looking to go bigger now with the cam cuz im switching to a 243 head. hoping for a low 11 slip on the motor.
and he quoted me about 2-3 weeks for the cam to come in
Old 04-08-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would love to run that cam, but i was afraid of it being too big. is your car a dd? i have 799's on my car right now and will be pp and milling them. so i'm also worried about clearance. did u discuss clearance with geoff?
Old 04-08-2011, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

clearance will be perfectly fine with stock 243 or 799 heads. once you mill or port them your gonna wanna check ptv clearance. jeff confirmed all this.
yes car is a dd with a 4k stall. my defination of streetable isn't what most people consider. i daily drove a th400 trans am with 4.10 gears everyday 100 miles to work.
i can deal with a little bucking. to me honestly i think its all in the tune.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ok sounds good. i will have my tuner contact geoff when the time comes. either way i can't go wrong with EPS.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by edwardzracing
And now you buckle your seatbelt and wait patiently. Hopefully not as long as myself and the other recent new order guys... 7 weeks. I apologize if I come off as rude, but I must admit I'm not too happy with the EPS order completion time. I ordered my pushrods at the same time, and it's now been 9 weeks and I still haven't received them... 7.4" pushrods shouldn't take longer than a custom camshaft order. *end rant*

Anyways... back on topic. Great choice on the cam. I'm sure you'll be ultra-happy with it. Keep us posted on how it runs. Your sig numbers are crazy good and should only get better if you're upgrading. Good luck.

Brad
Brad,

You also told Patrick you called me several times when in fact I NEVER heard from you other than you e-mailing Patrick. I have e-mailed you the tracking information on the pushrods. If there is an issue I wish you would actually get on the phone and call me and lets resolve the issue instead of just taking shots at me on the internet.

As far as lead times go...Yes I did get behind. I'm not going to sugarcoat that. But I am also one person and literally have sold 4 times as many camshafts the first quater of this year as comapred to last year. I have put some systems in place to keep up better and have caught up. Right now my lead times are running back at about 2 weeks.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

That's awesome news. Some friends and I might be in touch with you now that you have caught up.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

like i said im a happy customer of eps, jeff knows his ****.
even if i had to wait, i think its 100% worth it. thanks jeff for your patience with me on the phone and explaining a few things to me.
great customer service
Old 04-08-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geoff
Brad,

You also told Patrick you called me several times when in fact I NEVER heard from you other than you e-mailing Patrick. I have e-mailed you the tracking information on the pushrods. If there is an issue I wish you would actually get on the phone and call me and lets resolve the issue instead of just taking shots at me on the internet.

As far as lead times go...Yes I did get behind. I'm not going to sugarcoat that. But I am also one person and literally have sold 4 times as many camshafts the first quater of this year as comapred to last year. I have put some systems in place to keep up better and have caught up. Right now my lead times are running back at about 2 weeks.
I DID call you Geoff. I don't have a cell phone, so the proof is on my home phone bill as a long distance charge and I'd be happy to provide a copy. I hope part of the new system involves ordering the pushrods from TEA right after the customer's order is placed so that they can get them sent right away. I placed my order with you for the camshaft and pushrods back in early February and now I'm just barely getting shipping information regarding the pushrods from you this week. I'm not upset at all about the camshaft... I knew going into it that it was going to take some time... custom orders always take a bit of time. The very common 7.4" pushrods, however, shouldn't have taken more than 2 weeks. I called TEA and they told me flat out that they stock that size all the time. The ball was dropped here. I received said camshaft the week of 3/20/2011 (I believe it was the 21st when it arrived) I sent a PM to another EPS customer on 3/22/2011 informing him not to worry about his camshaft... it will come. I admit I vented a little bit to him because I was upset about my pushrods not arriving at the same time or even sooner. I'd waited 7 weeks for the camshaft, assuming that since my pushrods hadn't arrived, they'd both arrive together, and to my surprise, they didn't. I waited a few days and then called you. Like I mentioned, it's on my phone bill as a long distance charge. You told me you order them through TEA, and that they would be sending them out shortly. How would I know you order your pushrods through TEA if I didn't call you? I guess it's common knowledge around here, but I sure as hell didn't know that. After our conversation of what wasn't even a minute (probably why you don't remember), I contacted Pat G to see if he might be able to give me some insight as to why it was taking so long. I understand you are a very busy man. He apologized and responded a few times. I seriously felt like I was just being a bother when I called you. I explained my situation and you immediately made it seem like it was TEA's fault. I've ordered a custom set of heads from TEA before... they shipped right away. It just frustrated me that I ordered those pushrods in February, you charged the credit card right then and there, but my pushrods were just ordered on the 4th of April and shipped out from TEA on the 5th. Like I said, after you and I spoke, I called them and asked them right then and there, "If I place an order for 7.4 inch pushrods, when can you ship them out?" Their response... "Today." I'm not overly upset as my motor is hitting all sorts of bumps in the road during assembly, so this is no longer a huge deal to me. I know I'll be happy with my choice, and I don't regret it. I'm sure you are a very busy man and our very short phone call probably just doesn't seem familiar to you. I'm not even sure if I mentioned my name (typically that's the first thing I say though when I'm calling about an order, or inquiring, just ask Pat... I called him last night for some assembly information and the first thing I said to him was who I was). Regardless, it's all taken care of now. I got your email; I see they've been shipped. I noticed you called while I was out of town, and I appreciate that. I'm happy as a pig in mud knowing the pushrods are on their way. I hope none of this sways anybody from ordering from EPS. Their numbers don't lie and I know Geoff busts his ***. I'm sure tax refunds result in a lot of orders so it's understandable that he got a little behind. I'm just sharing my experience... and in all honesty, it's probably just my luck that all of this happened. My luck sucks, lol.

ANYWAYS, I think I've junked up this thread enough so I apologize to the OP and Geoff if I offended him in anyway.

We all know EPS is a quality shop... there wouldn't be threads and threads of information proving it if that weren't true.

Good luck to the OP.

Brad
Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Brad,

I always order the other parts when the cam ships... Mike was gone for 3 days the week I went to order your parts because of vacation and food poisoning. If you don't believe that, you can call him and ask. He also took a while when he got back to ship all of my parts (several days) because of his backlog catching up from being out. I'm sorry about that, but unfortunately that is no one's fault other than just bad luck. Again, if you think I'm not telling the truth, call and ask him.

Honestly, to the best of my knowledge, I don't remember ANY calls from you. If you did call, you weren't bothering me. I try to help out in any way necessary to keep customers updated on their order status, but you need to realize that I am working alone and I do have other things going here besides just selling cams and posting on LS1 Tech. I have a dyno and do PCM Tuning which keeps me fairly busy also. I also do some install work. Unfortunately I can't be all things to all people, but I also didn't like the tone of your e-mails to Patrick that I was somehow trying to rip you off on a st of pushrods...