Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 07:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike see if there is a shop or somebody near you who owns edit. You can pull the program from any computer without it being licensed to that car. It takes about 1 minute to hook it up and about 10 minutes to pull the program to a file. E-mail that file to me and I will compare it to mine. It will fit on a regular floppy disk.

Last edited by 9T9BlueTA; 02-20-2004 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Bear what is going on with your setup? Is there problems?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:43 AM
TECH Junkie

I spoke with JPR today and he agreed with me that my flow numbers are way low and that the 60cc chambers are not correct. He also stated that he flowed them on a 4 inch bore on his bench while I was up there. He said he now has the 3.9** fixture. He also said that if I send the heads up to him that he will re-flow them and he will make them flow to spec and that if the chambers are indeed 60cc that he will cut me a new set of heads. Joe will then send the heads to me or to whatever shop I would like for them to flow the cylinder heads. He also stated that he would pay for shipping both ways.

I am still really skepticle here and I am gonna have a paper trail in order before I send the heads to him. I'm not even too sure if I should send the heads to him to be honest but I suppose I have to. Do you guys have any other reasons that you can think of why these heads would flow so low? I am pretty sure that the rocker boss's were plugged because If this is what I am thinking of they were all filled with a black epoxy.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you do send them back make sure you get everything in writing with everything clearly stated including no cost to you whatsoever.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:49 AM
JPR
TECH Fanatic

I just got off the phone with Mike K and I agree, something is definatly wrong there, so the heads are comming up here, I will reflow that port on my bench, re-flow all other of the seven and report in the flow numbers I get, if there identical to whats posted I am going to confirm that the back cuts are right, if they are I will do the port adjustment to get them back into specs and return them ASAP.

9T9blue,

I did put those injectors in my TA on the dyno to see if it would fix my fueling issue but no luck, If thats unreasonable to you then call 1 800- 230-3030 and ask to speak to Della and she will confirm a new order of SVO 30lbs injectors and they will be replaced with those. Didn't think it would be an issue cause your gonna install them anyway.

Joe.

Last edited by JPR; 02-20-2004 at 09:55 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-20-2004, 10:01 AM
TECH Junkie

JPR if the heads are also indeed milled to attain the 60cc chamber you also agreed to replace my heads with a new correctly milled set that flows to the HVLD spec which is 305 to 310 cfm at .550 and should put me at a 10.5:1 cr given a stock motor right?

I belive the chambers should be at 64.43 cc's to attain this cr can others attest if this is correct regarding the cc to get 10.5:1 cr?
Old 02-20-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

Talked to Joe and he cleared everything up for me
I edited out my reponses because I was over reacting. Joe didnt care but it matters to me.

Last edited by 9T9BlueTA; 02-20-2004 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My JPR heads also flowed extremely disappointing #s when I had them flowed before reworking them. They were supposed to flow 291 cfm on the intake @.550 lift. They actually flowed a best of 262 cfm at .460 lift and then fell flat on their face. They were also supposed to be milled .025 and were actually milled .040 Last season, I was wondering why my setup dynoed such disappointing #s pulling a best of 401 RWHP and 409 trq. with a 232/232 .575/.575 cam on a 383 stroker!! When I was told the particulars about the heads , it explained a few things. The car later dynoed 418 RWHP 420 trq with the 1st version of the PP stge IIs and the same cam. I will be anxious to dyno the car with the reworked JPR heads which are now flowing over 300 cfm thanks to Terry Wilkes.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
If you do send them back make sure you get everything in writing with everything clearly stated including no cost to you whatsoever.
I believe you're wasting your time trying to get him to put it in writting. I've tried that route with him and still nothing and that was over a year ago. My heads were lower than he promised, he tried a new port design on my heads without checking with me first. He didn't put the valves in that i wanted even though i told him by phone, email, and also included the info with the heads when i sent them.
this guy is a liar period.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Dean didnt Joe make you an offer to have you send the heads back and confirm if or if not they have a flow problem?
Old 02-20-2004, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I find those flow numbers hard to believe considering you made 437rwhp. I would have them flowed somewhere else first, then if that is still bad send them back to Joe or do what you need to do.

Makes me wonder what CR im running at now...its probably higher than my 11.0~1 also considering JD told me to run race gas when Im at the track.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:39 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ezss
I find those flow numbers hard to believe considering you made 437rwhp. I would have them flowed somewhere else first, then if that is still bad send them back to Joe or do what you need to do.

Makes me wonder what CR im running at now...its probably higher than my 11.0~1 also considering JD told me to run race gas when Im at the track.
How is his 437rwhp hard to believe? For a year now some have put down 420-430rwhp on stock heads and a huge cam with crazy timing. Jason99TA just put down 455rwhp with stock heads and a huge cam. Did you get a good look at Mike K.'s pistons? Detonation bro. Massive detonation.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:52 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Mike with all of the **** you had to go through I suggest you bail and go with another (professional, not shadetree mechanic type) shop and call it a day.

Good luck
Old 02-20-2004, 07:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Did you flow a stock head at the same time to compare?Just a thought to show the gain at each lift point.I would think that the 236/236 gave you 95% of the HP gain.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

No I have not flowed a stock head but these heads are gonna get a 2nd and 3rd opinion, but I am inclined to believe the initial tests. I am really anxious to see what was flashed to my pcm. Man I feel so
Old 02-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Shorty Director

Originally Posted by Mike K.
No I have not flowed a stock head but these heads are gonna get a 2nd and 3rd opinion, but I am inclined to believe the initial tests. I am really anxious to see what was flashed to my pcm. Man I feel so

Mike just think of all the money I have spent over the years on my car and you will feel less OWNED! You were just lied too..
Old 02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys my motor is just fine. I spoke with Joe and he is having trouble with things right now. I feel a little uneasy with the YT's and Comp R lifters thats all. This may have been one problem on EZ's car. Joe tells me that they are setup loose so that they will be fine.
Vince as far as telling people about my old setup, that was silly. There was nothing special there. S2 heads and TR224 put down 411 through 12 bolt and 4400 vertor. That is tame and crappy by todays standard. I never had a problem with a JPR motor and I hope I dont, but time will tell. I just got back from a cruise and I now have a whopping 340 miles on the clock since Jan 10th or so. My tranny is leaking from the front seal and who knows what other crap is going on. I hope to be 100% by 2010 or so. If anyone wants to buy the whole car outright, they can have it for 25K. I will go buy a Z06 TOMORROW. Anyone??????
Old 02-20-2004, 09:15 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by VINCE
You were just lied too..
That's all the more reason to stop dealing with Joe Prince. He tries to tell people he's still in business, but he works for JD's Don't let the fact that he hasn't dissolved his company" JPR" fool you. It doesn't mean he's still in business it just means he hasn't dissolved the company yet so he can fool people into thinking that he's a fully operationa entity.

I would demand a refund and get the hell out of there!!!

I hope things work out for you!

Hey what's up Vince?
Old 02-20-2004, 09:28 PM
Shorty Director

Hey Richie!!! I am still doing the work thing and trying to support my buddy Mike K. through his troubles.
Old 02-20-2004, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
That's all the more reason to stop dealing with Joe Prince. He tries to tell people he's still in business, but he works for JD's Don't let the fact that he hasn't dissolved his company" JPR" fool you. It doesn't mean he's still in business it just means he hasn't dissolved the company yet so he can fool people into thinking that he's a fully operationa entity.

I would demand a refund and get the hell out of there!!!

I hope things work out for you!

Hey what's up Vince?
I totally agree Richie and I have gone with another vendor APE for a complete setup. So far things have been really good with them but JPR has made me skeptical as hell, I don't trust anybody anymore regarding car **** and I find myself double guessing and wondering what kind of scheming is happening with anything related to fbody's my motor etc. I suppose the bad thing is that I am really bummed about modding,, shoot its always been fun modding and driving my Z but now I find myself not even wanting to think about it .
I would like my money back from JPR but I know that without legal action and maybe even with legal action that this will never happen. At this point I just need to get the 2nd and 3rd opinions on my heads and decide what I want to do from there. I sent JPR an email asking him to confirm so I have a paper trail what he told me over the phone and I have not recieved a reply . I also asked him to confirm what he said in this thread and he has not replied again here either .

Up until now I had the opinion that Joe kicked *** in the porting department but that he just had a crapload of other issues recently. My opinion is quickly changing about even this though. If nothing else comes out of my situation I hope that others learn from it and make damn sure that you get what you are paying for in writing.

Quick Reply: JPR S2 HVLD flow #'s and cam info