Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What cam can geta car in the 11's w/a stock stall?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 524 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12

I'm on my phone so I dony have the link handy.. do you jave the slip? All you need is which drag strip, date, time and it will tell you. Google drag timesda calculator, should find It easily.

You removed the rear?
I was thinking the same thing.. Removed the rear sway bar?? If anything you want more sway bar in the rear not less.

Originally Posted by n.m.racer
Was the engine stock internals on the 12.07 pass? I came to the realization to get a stall since my thread is now hijacked in the stall category haha. Im just waiting to get one so I can hop in on the convo.

Still wondering about swapping cams this weekend but not sure if ill have enough clearence with the condenser in the way? Anyone ever leave it in during the swap?
Sorry we murdered your thread with talk about converters, but really if you ever want to go remotely fast with an auto a good conveter is an absolute must. But to your point of what you are trying to accomplish, it's bordering impossible without a stall, but with a stall it goes completely the opposite direction, you will cut far far far better times with a stall and definately enjoy the way the car drives.. from launching to shifiting to just plain overall driving in general. Like I said, and I would think others in this thread would say, once you go to a big stall you will never go back because it really does make that much difference. A stall actually does make a night and day difference. Any other mod you do makes some to a significant difference, but with an auto.. no mod comes even close to the gain you get from that one single mod

As far as yanking the cam, I haven't done it personally on a F body, i have in LS swapped cars. But from what I understand the condenser stays in, radiator comes out. I can find out tomorrow for sure from a guy I know that did around 400 cam installs in one year if you need me to.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was the engine stock internals on the 12.07 pass? I came to the realization to get a stall since my thread is now hijacked in the stall category haha. Im just waiting to get one so I can hop in on the convo.

Still wondering about swapping cams this weekend but not sure if ill have enough clearence with the condenser in the way? Anyone ever leave it in during the swap?
Good choice on the converter!

Condenser stays in, radiator comes out, move the drier just a bit.

You need to get on ls1howto.com. follow that write up, easy.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i think Im going to call ptc and see what itd be for a 3600 or 3800. Never had a stall before so i kinda want to take it mild at first.

i saw ls1howto had the head install too. Wont have time to do the swap this weekend but it will be coming up soon. Forgot about mothers day
Old 05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

T-Rex or MS4.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey n.m. racer did you ever get your converter?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea i think Im going to call ptc and see what itd be for a 3600 or 3800. Never had a stall before so i kinda want to take it mild at first.

i saw ls1howto had the head install too. Wont have time to do the swap this weekend but it will be coming up soon. Forgot about mothers day
Everyone says that and wishes they went 4000. Lol anything from a 3600 and up will make you happy though.
Originally Posted by White Shadow
T-Rex or MS4.
Sarcasm?

Quick Reply: What cam can geta car in the 11's w/a stock stall?