Sponsored by:

Need a lil help car running bad now

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need a lil help car running bad now

ok here my problem last year i built a motor for my car, got it running around
november drove it here and there till i got 500miles on and to break in my clutch, got it fully tuned a few weeks ago and it has ran great, it has a 228/232 cam and prc 5.3 heads in it. when motor was on stand i measured for push-rod length with a push-rod checker, and after adding .050 for pre load i ended up with 7.325 push rod that what i put in it. all so running ls7 lifters. after dyno tune i made 420/387. the guy that spec cam said im low on power and asked a few ?s and i told him my push rod length and he said way to short, ok so i took my old 7.4 push rods and checked they the way he told me, and i cam up with 1 and 3/4 turn from zero lash to 22ft, witch should be close doing it that way from what im told. so i went ahead and replaced all my push rods with the 7.4s, after i did this the car ran like crap spit spudering missing, so i was told to go back over the rockers and tq them all on base circle of cam, exh opening tq intake, intake closing tq exh so i did that to all of them, and still running like crap, so i said hell with it pull it all apart again put my 7.325 push rods back in and redid all the rockers, and still running like crap now. car ran smooth before i messed with any of this, and now it wont hardly run, ANY Ideas guys? i can check tomm? i dont have a air compressor so i cant do a leak down at this time, all ideas welcome and willing to try