Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector Horror Story (Internal engine related)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:20 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news for anyone who cares... got 6 runs in at the track, best time 11.53 @ 127, 1.89 60'. If I can get my sixties back down to where they were last year, ill be in the 10's for sure!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvzmLK7Dkw

Last edited by mattster03; 05-21-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spanks13
They sold a product that wasn't as advertised. I would probably be upset that they were ugly. If I was racing the next day they would definitely be going in the engine...calling the op an idiot is ridiculous.

I know I'm better with a wrench than a can of spray paint!
Thats exactly what happenned. Theres no doubt zzp BSed you by just painting some USED injectors & claiming them to be rebuilt. Thats pretty shady of them to do. This is why I buy new parts, especially engine stuff.

Originally Posted by BanditTA
Seriously? You posted it up on a forum period, you should have resolved it with the vendor before you went and complained on a massive forum like LS1tech.
In this case I dont see a problem posting it up, they need to be exposed for selling used parts that they claim are rebuilt. I would still demand a refund from them too.

Originally Posted by digitalsolo
I've said many, many times... Zooomer and ZZP are glorified garage mechanics. Period. They have learned a lot over the years, but their record with customer service and unprofessional behavior speaks for itself. There are a hilarious amount of ball swingers over on ClubGP though.

Hopefully you get your refund from them.
I have bought several things from zzp, all new stuff so usually no problems except for one time they proved their shadiness. I wanted a M90 breather bolt & couldnt find one on their site but did find a snout plug, which I didnt know at the time all it is is a plastic christmas tree clip. I emailed them about it & they werent very helpful at all & I ended up paying $11 for a damn plastic clip that I already had 100s of when I wanted a breather bolt.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usmcz28
If you want to post that bad I'll give you my account info and you can post under my name, LOL.
You can use mine too.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me and my son used to buy from ZZP too, but not anymore.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ZZP has been like that for a long time. whats funny too is how much they used to talk about there were not like that.And OTHER gtp place sucks. Sell parts as "ZZP custom 3800 rocker/tb/headers/heads/valves" then its a pile of ****. "oh we had problems with XXX brand so and so making them so we had to drop them, and don't service them any more". No its your **** and its junk.
I'm glad I sold mine. that market is a bunch of retards

Last edited by studderin; 05-21-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Every market has drama and on the internet bashing companies and making up lies can quickly turn into an interesting story that people want to jump on.

In this case, we have a customer who purchased a set of injectors from us that are very common. We sell them nearly daily in many markets. Customer states that injectors are bad, one is stuck open and ruined his motor. ZZP has a policy of not responding to claims of bad product w/o inspection so I ask him to send them in for inspection, then replacement or refund.

The threads on CGP are what they are. Being nice is not a prerequisite of being successful or having good customer service.

We received the injectors today and tested the one marked as bad. Results here:

Clearly the injector is fine, albeit ugly. We are talking to our supplier about the appearance issue.
Customer then claims that we must have repaired it somehow. I state we didn't and he claims that he was freely blowing air through it with his mouth. Aside from the fact that his testing method is unscientific, it's not even possible. The holes in an injector are extremely small and even wide open, no air from your mouth would noticeably pass through. A mouth typically generates 2psi, even at 50psi an injector flow very little respective to noticeable lung volume.

Customer has made statements about bending a rod, breaking a starter, that he and his mechanic blew the injector and at this point I feel it's best to just refund him and move on. When a customer says "I don't care what your testing shows' and is citing how much they can blow through an injector; clearly they are not reasonable or that mechanically apt and it's best to just distance ourselves from them.

To the OP, this is the 3rd time we've seen this. In the other two cases, a ground wire was pinched holding the injector open.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Teching In

I love how zoomer always says the product was fine.
I highly doubt it.

Why not drop the pompous attitude stop calling your ex customers liars and haters. Stop calling the OP a liar, his car is obviously runs(actually runs) much better without your product.

Instead of taking responsibility you act like a child.

"Guy bought used fuel injectors. **** happens. And yes, that is my response"
"Losers in this thread and others always try to put down ZZP."
"Everything you guys are saying is a complete lie. "
"You lying shitbags have nothing better to do then lie about people who are great in order to make your own pathetic lives seem better. Seriously. That's what's going on. "

You serious?
Then you brag about not being worried about losing customers?
Is that why you had to come over hear?

I love your method of damage control.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry DOOD but this smells like fish to me................

You are talking to your supplier about the appearance issue.....you should be selling rubber boots with these injectors cause its getting deep in here now.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zooomer
Every market has drama and on the internet bashing companies and making up lies can quickly turn into an interesting story that people want to jump on.

In this case, we have a customer who purchased a set of injectors from us that are very common. We sell them nearly daily in many markets. Customer states that injectors are bad, one is stuck open and ruined his motor. ZZP has a policy of not responding to claims of bad product w/o inspection so I ask him to send them in for inspection, then replacement or refund.

The threads on CGP are what they are. Being nice is not a prerequisite of being successful or having good customer service.

Clearly the injector is fine, albeit ugly. We are talking to our supplier about the appearance issue.
Customer then claims that we must have repaired it somehow. I state we didn't and he claims that he was freely blowing air through it with his mouth. Aside from the fact that his testing method is unscientific, it's not even possible. The holes in an injector are extremely small and even wide open, no air from your mouth would noticeably pass through. A mouth typically generates 2psi, even at 50psi an injector flow very little respective to noticeable lung volume.

Customer has made statements about bending a rod, breaking a starter, that he and his mechanic blew the injector and at this point I feel it's best to just refund him and move on. When a customer says "I don't care what your testing shows' and is citing how much they can blow through an injector; clearly they are not reasonable or that mechanically apt and it's best to just distance ourselves from them.

To the OP, this is the 3rd time we've seen this. In the other two cases, a ground wire was pinched holding the injector open.
You seriously want people to believe that there was no ulterior motive for hopping on here to prove to everyone that you were so clearly right? Why after all the horrible buisiness ethics that you have displayed in the clubGP thread would I not assume that you simply unstuck the injector that I blew directly through before sending it back to you? Why would you ever in a million years post up that your company screwed up after all of this? Now you hop on and post a picture of the POS holding pressure right after You just stated in an e-mail to me a few hours ago that the injectors did not pass your testing and you will be returing my money that is a fact. Here are some more facts:

1. As you can see from the picture you just posted, as well as all of the multiple bad feedbacks for this exact auction on ebaymotors.com, you are clearly selling poor quality units (for anyone that wants to see someone else who felt the same way, check page 3 of his ebaymotor feedbacks). The substance your employees spray on them may say 'dye' on the bottle but whatever it is it's it does not belong on an injector.

2. If you say it is impossible to blow directly through an injector with your mouth then there must have been internal damage to the injector because both myself and my mechanic/tuner were able to blow directly through the injector shooting fuel out. Would my mechanic/tuner be adapt enough to verify that the injector was faulty when he was able to blow straight through it? That would be no problem to have him chime in.

3. My car drove 60 miles to the shop on my old injectors, we replaced them with your units, the damaged followed and we replaced them with my old and I drove home. I bought a new set of FMS red tops the next day, had them installed and ran 129.5mph in the quarter mile... yeah there there was not a faulty installation or a pinched ground. The injector you sold me had a mechanical problem and you know it.

4. Yes. your faulty injector hydrolocked my engine breaking the stater off. This is a weak point on LS1 motors... your tech that forwarded my innitial e-mail to you stated that he had no idea how a leaky injector could cause a broken starter... that's some great intel you have going over there.

5. Yes. your faulty injector could have cost me my engine. Fortunately I believe myself to have gotten lucky.

What else is there to say.

Last edited by mattster03; 05-23-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by scum sucker

We received the injectors today and tested the one marked as bad. Results here:

are you ******* kidding dude? that has got to be one of the biggest bullshit responses i have seen in a long time.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:34 PM
10 Second Club

Zoomer has stated stated that the testing of the bad injector "did not meet specs upon testing":

Last edited by mattster03; 05-24-2011 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:14 PM
12 Second Club

Wow man this guy must have no life. It's gonna be hilarious when it all catches up to him
Old 05-23-2011, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would swear that's a yellow Ford injector painted white. I might even place a little wager on it.

Regardless, how in the world could you send something like that out your door and not expect it to come back and haunt you??? Simply amazing. I don't care how the injector tested...that's just wrong.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OldCobraGuy
I would swear that's a yellow Ford injector painted white. I might even place a little wager on it.

Regardless, how in the world could you send something like that out your door and not expect it to come back and haunt you??? Simply amazing. I don't care how the injector tested...that's just wrong.
Part number matches what I was expecting for pontiac GTP... the injector looks yellow underneath the paint because of the discoloration from the many years of use.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the part number? GM and Ford don't make them. Siemens and Bosch are the usual suppliers. That's why they cross over between makes so often. I would like to know if it's a Ford application as well just for grins and giggles.

Of course, if it's the number you were expecting, then it's moot anyway.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OldCobraGuy
What's the part number? GM and Ford don't make them. Siemens and Bosch are the usual suppliers. That's why they cross over between makes so often. I would like to know if it's a Ford application as well just for grins and giggles.

Of course, if it's the number you were expecting, then it's moot anyway.
that is correct, it is a bosch injector with both a bosch part number and a GM part number:

0280155811 (bosch p/n)

24508208 (gm p/n)

Quick Reply: Injector Horror Story (Internal engine related)