Sponsored by:

Stock Catback to SLP Loudmouth II -- Night & Day Difference

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Catback to SLP Loudmouth II -- Night & Day Difference

Hey,

Just want to say thanks to everyone who posted and debated about the Loudmouth II catback. I must have lurked on about 30 different threads before making my purchase. It's great to read about others' experiences before I blindly purchase a part that I might not like.

Anyhow, I purchased a LM2 catback and just had it installed. I nearly jumped in the air with excitement when I started it up the first time. Completely worth it! Very pleased with the sound. It's hard to tell in the video below, but there is additional bassy notes in the exhaust. It's not that noisy inside the cabin, until you really let into it. (But does anyone REALLY complain about that? )

Given that I didn't want to spend all day fighting with removing the stock one, I had the guys at Xtreme Motorsports in Tempe install it for me. Solid install.

Anyhow, here's a before and after of the sound on the car. It's like GM intentionally wanted to hide that the car has power on it with their stock system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60AbyBDlqwE

Car has a SLP Lid, K&N and FRA mod. So far, I'm pretty satisfied.

Anyhow, thanks - it's why I love this forum! :-)
Old 05-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have the LM2 system, it was the first thing I did to my car when I got it, the original owner had a flowmaster set up on it, and much like you I all but jumped in the air when I started it and gave it a good stab, huge difference and I get compliments everywhere I go, "man that sounds mean"