Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AFR Update on Timeline and GP discussion

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by chucks97ss
Here's a read for you about Race Prep cylinder heads... Skip to page 4 to start the discussion I had with Race Prep.

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...threadid=23622
That was an interesting read.
Old 03-01-2004, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A
That was an interesting read.
Although check out page 5 for Race Prep's response. Sounds like another case of the customer blaming the vendor because of the customers ignornace. My heads were ported by Race Prep and the numbers speak for themselves, Joe and Brian are great guys to deal with it's a shame people have to come on here and post their one sided stories
Old 03-01-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Linear Velocity
Although check out page 5 for Race Prep's response. Sounds like another case of the customer blaming the vendor because of the customers ignornace. My heads were ported by Race Prep and the numbers speak for themselves, Joe and Brian are great guys to deal with it's a shame people have to come on here and post their one sided stories
Lol, alright, well you have a right to your opinion. But if you'd like to come flow my heads you can. They are about 50 cfm down from what they claimed. Have you had yours independently tested? Sure the numbers they give you speak for themselves... But unless you independently test them, you don't know if they are true. I really am not here to argue with you about Race Prep's work. They do better work than 90% of shops out there.

Chuck
Old 03-01-2004, 05:49 PM
TECH Resident

Never had the heads flowed independantly. The numbers I has refering to were the rwhp numbers I personally witnessed my car made.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok ok... i take it back...
i am going to wait till they come out...just please hurry
Old 03-03-2004, 07:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Linear Velocity
Took a while but I read the whole thing Sunday...first to last page...because like you say one really should get both sides of the story....wait epic story isn't the right word.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I ordered another Sponsor's head because I can't wait all summer for the 225cc version to be released.Too bad,but I sure will test these on another motor when they come out.