rocker arms
Camshaft

Grade 10 bolts or factory GM bolts;

Oil pan
ignition coil & brackets
fuel rail
Throttle body
Cam thrust plate ( new style )

The motor will see boost sometime down the line I plan to have about 650hp I'm concerned about Front, rear & valley cover, crankshaft, intake manifold, headers, all front accessories...
Asking cause I see a lot of people selling used head studs, i plan to buy a new set but if its not worth it then why waste the cash.

I building a motor from nothing ( non donor ) so I need all the bolts. Does anyone have experience or decent results with stock bolts or should the upgrade be done for security?
Old 06-26-2011, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it was me and I was going boosted I would use ARP head studs and probably the rod bolts you already have and be done with it. Any thing on top of that for me would just be piece of mind more than anything, but stock bolts on things like the intake and other stuff I wouldn't change
Old 06-26-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Depends on which block you have, had or swapped out....my 04 ls1 block had the 2nd series bolts (all the same length) when I swapped it out for my iron block it had series 1 design, so I had no use for my practically new ARP bolts and had to buy another set