LS6 Cam
LS6 Intake Manifold
Underdrive Pulley Kit
Volant Cold Air Kit
Diablo Sport Chip
4:10 gears
4L60E w/ 3200 RPM stall

what i WILL be upgrading no matter what:
Cam (either TRAK, Raptr, or TRex depending on what i can use.. would love to know if i can get the TRex in my car without changing too much ie: Torque converter.)
85MM Throttle Body
85MM MAF
Bassani Exhaust

So that's what is waiting, but i'm lost when it comes to what heads i need for best power output. i'm not really shooting for low end as much, but i do know i'll use the torque more than top speed. as far as HP gains, i'm really just going for the surprise on the Dyno. Chances are, i won't even be there when it happens. I live in UK so i am trying to get a good plan on what i need then talk to some people so they can swap it, then ship it out here. that's neither here nor there.

Any help would be appreciated. i do know i need to swap other parts (lifters, rockers, push rods) so let me know how to determine what i need. if you need more info, hit me up.
Old 10-02-2011 | 07:39 AM
10 Second Club

If your looking for the most power I'd go with either Trickflows or Prc 215s. I'm running the PRC 215s and MS4 from Texas-speed. That set up holds the stock bottom end heads/cam record. I'd call them and tell them what you want and they'll send you in the right direction. I'm very happy with my set up. I'm not an auto guy but on the stall I think you'll need at least a 4k with any those bigger cams. You'll definately want to get some longtubes if you want to make good power. And I would just port my stock throttle body instead of buying an 85mm. The 85 i had gave me idle problems. With the heads/cam set up you won't be able to use the diablo you'll have to have a dyno tune.
Old 10-02-2011 | 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would contact Thunder Racing, since those are Thunder Racing cams. They could recommend a head/cam combo.
Old 10-02-2011 | 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

you will need alot higher stall for the cams you want to use.look at some TSP heads or some trick flows ,how much do you want to spend on heads?look at a EPS cams .
Old 10-02-2011 | 08:12 PM
On The Tree

I would go with the stage 3 h/c from livernois.My car used to run 12.80's@109 Now it runs 11.80@119MPH plus kook long tubes with cats.Made 460HP to the wheels and 400TQ.The car is a beast,next week im going to spray a dry shot 150HP, hoping to hit 10.80's@128.Hoping.these guys are the best for tuning to.
Old 10-02-2011 | 08:35 PM
TECH Addict

Really depends on budget. I didn't want to spend a ton on heads so I went with PRC 2.5 LS6 heads. I gained about 100 rwhp with the V3 cam. I already had most bolt-ons and still have the LS6 intake. But if you don't mind spending 2k and up on heads I'd also go with Trickflow or the premium PRC heads.
Old 10-03-2011 | 02:52 AM
Teching In

I dont want to spend no more than 2K honestly on the heads. Another thing is, it's not necessarily a daily driver, but i will drive it around on the weekends. (Gotta show all these euro cars whats up) i guess life would be easier if i lived in the US with my car. I appreciate the info guys, def will update as i go.

Also forgot to mention i do have long tubes.

Trending Topics

Old 10-03-2011 | 04:14 AM
Captain Double Post

if your an auto you might not want the huge cam, even in my 6 speed sometimes the big cam is a pain,its not to bad but i dont wanna know how my cam would act in a auto lol, as far as the trex ,killer cam for an all out drag car, crap cam for a street car,and you will for sure need to stick with the 4.10s and imo maybe higher,dont buy into all the big cam hype, you get the right cam ,with good heads to match and you will love your car, and if you want to go with the bigger cams just make sure the mods are there to support it .
Old 10-03-2011 | 04:19 AM
Captain Double Post

call a sponser, tell them everything you are looking for, mods you plan for the future,etc . i have got alot of my stuff from tsp, they are great, but i tell you what , if i was going to buy another cam i would be getting ahold of pat g at eps, i have been really shocked to how good his cams perform,