Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New engine.perfect dyno number.No more oil pressure after 600miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way the builder will stand behind is engine and will tear it down completely to see what did happen.Now i need to get it out of the car.So its nice to have a good support
Old 10-12-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 902 Likes on 643 Posts

My guess would be GM.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well before I seen the pics of metal i was going to say it was most likely a pinched O-ring causing low oil pressure.

After I seen the pics, ya its time to pull it out and apart. That really sucks but it should be for the best since it's not knocking yet. I know my fresh motor had a good bit of shavings on my 1st and 2nd oil change, but nothing like that.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bjamick
Well before I seen the pics of metal i was going to say it was most likely a pinched O-ring causing low oil pressure.

After I seen the pics, ya its time to pull it out and apart. That really sucks but it should be for the best since it's not knocking yet. I know my fresh motor had a good bit of shavings on my 1st and 2nd oil change, but nothing like that.
Yeah i know that it could have been normal to see some small shaving after my first oil change.The pictures that i post is after my 3rd oil change so it wasnt normal for 3rd one.It would also been not normal at all for a first oil change to see that huge amount of particules.I did my break in just like i was ask to.I did a oil change after three 45mins of heat cycle(1 day of cold down between each session).Did the 350 miles break in with no more than 3000rpm rev) and then the dyno.Then change the oil.Did a small ride after that (less than 40 miles) and realise that i had gradually lost my oil pressure.

Motor is schedule to come out this week if everything is fine(working 2 jobs and not a lot of free time ) and will be sent to the builder wich provide a lot of help/support right now.

Ill keep you all updated thru all the procedure.
Thanks

Quick Reply: New engine.perfect dyno number.No more oil pressure after 600miles