Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my new block, possible problem. I want your opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 61 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
There's no way Steve@RaceEngineering installed sleeves in a block that had a gouge that large that couldn't be removed when the block got decked.
We agree to disagree. I can't see how a scrape that deep can be made up the the border of the aluminum/sleeve and not make any mark on the sleeve.

I can be wrong but:
One thing for sure, the great engine builder you are saying couldn't possibly have made a mistake, is an idiot for shipping anything like that. For that alone he gets the spud award. Give me a break with the .....'it's fed-ex's fault for taking it like that'.
Old 03-14-2004, 02:10 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angst, I am sure Joe will help you with fed-ex trying to do the claim. I think they have pictures of the motor before it left to help you prove to fed-ex that they messed up the motor. The thing that really sucks is the waiting... Here you are ready to enjoy and some sloppy fork lift guy has wrecked your fun....
Old 03-14-2004, 07:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PCMFORLESS
Here we go again... From my discussion with Joe on this today he "stongly suggested" a company that comes in and builds the shipping crate and then takes full responsibility for the product. I guess that was about $500. Instead the buyer preferred to spend less and have it picked up by Fed-ex to save money and wasn't interested in getting one of the plastic crates for shipping either.
"I guess that was about $500"???? What a load of ****. When you buy a LS6 block from someone like SMC performance (Valvegod) it comes fully secured and well packaged in a closed , reinforced 1/4" plywood box . The price of the block is $650. Shipping is about $100. Don't attempt to tell everyone here that it is $500 to crate a block.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spinmonster
We agree to disagree. I can't see how a scrape that deep can be made up the the border of the aluminum/sleeve and not make any mark on the sleeve.

I can be wrong but:
One thing for sure, the great engine builder you are saying couldn't possibly have made a mistake, is an idiot for shipping anything like that. For that alone he gets the spud award. Give me a break with the .....'it's fed-ex's fault for taking it like that'.
Those sleeves are NOT aluminum. Aluminum scratches very easily. The Darton MID sleeves are made of Iron, good luck gouging that. I would bet a substantial amount of $$ that there is NO way Steve installed the sleeves in a block with that gouge already on it knowing it couldn't be removed when the block is decked after every MID sleeve install. I have discussed the process in horrendous depth with him and if you had the info I have regarding is precision and machining practices you'd know that what I'm saying is fact.

Another thing your missing is that Steve builds only the block, that's it, no internals, etc. He installs the MID sleeves and ships the installed set in the block to the various engine builders across the country, like JD, Cartek, etc and they assemble the motors. He didn't assemble the motor. Steve sent the block from CA to JDs, then JD assembled the motor and shipped it off to Fl to the customer. From JDs to the customer it got damaged in shipping. This must be the case as PCMFORLESS says that the block was not damaged before it left so that means Steve (who built the block) got it to JD's shop undamaged.

FedEx dropped the ball and it's their job to cover the costs.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Matt just have all your ducks in a row before you attempt to make a claim. DO NOT TOUCH THE ENGINE!!!!! Make the FED EX guy come and get it exactly how it was left. Trust me anything you do can give them leverage to deny a claim. I wish you luck. Its Charlie by the way just in case you didnt recognize the name.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Sawzall and Welder Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not to **** in your cornflakes but I think you're going to catch hell getting Fedex to shell out the bucks for that engine block. It is an obviously fragile surface that should have had precautions taken to ensure its safety. If you throw your antique china in a box with no protection precautions, ship it to Afghanistan and try to collect a settlement when a whole broken mess shows up, they'll tell you where to pound it.

JPR (or JD) aparently ships things the same way he runs the rest of the business... with his head firmly up his own ***. That thing should have never left the shop without being crated... everybody knows that. $500 extra?!? ******* lame.

Matt I know the hell you went through to get this engine in the first place so I feel the predicament youre in... You're probably feeling just like taking your chances just to get your car back on the road but you cant accept anything less than exactly what you paid for IMO...
Old 03-16-2004, 12:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thumbs down

I know it sounds crazy but speaking as a professional, JB Weld probably could seal that crack up if done right! However, obviously this never should have happened at all in the first place.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

That's no "scratch"....that's a "gouge" Not acceptable IMO.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

It costs less than 100 to crate a motor. Where did the 500 come from? LOL
Old 03-16-2004, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thank You

Thank You Again For All Your Comments!!!

You Guys Are The Best!!!

I Hope I Get A Chance To Help You Guys Out Someday In Your Profession Which I Know Nothing About!!!!!!

The Company I Use To Ship Out My Engines And Transmissions Do All The Crating And Shipping Themselves--i Have Had No Problems.
Yes It Is 500.00 For Them To Pick Up The Engine Or Trans--crate It--then Ship It For Me-----again I Have Had No Problems With Them Doing It For Me And It Is Insured Fully.

I Was Not Responsible For The Shipping Of This---fed Ex Was--i Got It Ready Just Like The Customer Wanted---apparently It Is Not On The Crate As It Left Here--i Saw The Pics.
I Did Not Have Time To Ride With The Fed Ex Guys Or I Would Of--i Have To Work Here Everyday.

I Can Only Do What The Customer Wants---

Thanks
Joe D.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Default To Steviez

Originally Posted by StevieZ
"I guess that was about $500"???? What a load of ****. When you buy a LS6 block from someone like SMC performance (Valvegod) it comes fully secured and well packaged in a closed , reinforced 1/4" plywood box . The price of the block is $650. Shipping is about $100. Don't attempt to tell everyone here that it is $500 to crate a block.
YOU ARE A COMPLETE *******--YOU TRIED TO LIE ABOUT ME ON HERE ALREADY--SO ACTUALLY YOU ARE A ******* LIEING *******!!!!

KEEP YOUR FRENCH CANADIAN TRAP SHUT!!!!!

SORRY ABOUT THAT FELLAS--BUT I WILL NOT SIT BACK ANY LONGER AND TAKE THIS ****--I RUN A 100% STRAIGHT BUSINESS!!

JOE D.

Last edited by RESTOMAN; 03-16-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:08 AM
Staging Lane

Default Whistler

Originally Posted by Whistler
Not to **** in your cornflakes but I think you're going to catch hell getting Fedex to shell out the bucks for that engine block. It is an obviously fragile surface that should have had precautions taken to ensure its safety. If you throw your antique china in a box with no protection precautions, ship it to Afghanistan and try to collect a settlement when a whole broken mess shows up, they'll tell you where to pound it.

JPR (or JD) aparently ships things the same way he runs the rest of the business... with his head firmly up his own ***. That thing should have never left the shop without being crated... everybody knows that. $500 extra?!? ******* lame.

Matt I know the hell you went through to get this engine in the first place so I feel the predicament youre in... You're probably feeling just like taking your chances just to get your car back on the road but you cant accept anything less than exactly what you paid for IMO...
NOW I KNOW WHY THEY CALL YOU WHISTLER---BECAUSE IT WHISTLES WHEN YOU TALK OUT YOUR ***!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Default Lol???

Originally Posted by Chris ARE 360
It costs less than 100 to crate a motor. Where did the 500 come from? LOL
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT????

JOE D.

WHY DON'T YOU AND STEVIEZ GET TOGETHER UP THERE IN CANADA AND BUST SOME OF YOUR FRENCH CANADIAN ******* BUDDIES *****!!!
Old 03-16-2004, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by c2000ws6
Matt just have all your ducks in a row before you attempt to make a claim. DO NOT TOUCH THE ENGINE!!!!! Make the FED EX guy come and get it exactly how it was left. Trust me anything you do can give them leverage to deny a claim. I wish you luck. Its Charlie by the way just in case you didnt recognize the name.
this wasn't fedex package services, it was fedex freight. I purchased a seperate insurance policy through fireman's fund. It is them who I am filing the claim for, I read my policy, and it does not state anything about how it was packed.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Default Today

Yes Today Is *** Reaming Day!!!!

I Will Not Take Any Ball Busting Or Personal Attacks Aginst Me Or My Business--especially By ****** French Canadians!!!!

I Apologize To Everyone Else Who Actually Helped Me Out On This Board And Stood Behind Me.
I Will Help Out Anyone Who Acts And Talks Like A Respectable Person---
So Again--sorry To All Innocent Bystanders!!

Joe D.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Further examples of your (JPR/JDs/PCMFORLESS) attitude and lack of any business knowledge. You do realize that, with every post, you lose any hope of ever being considered a legitimate vendor, right? Calling people "********" is probably not a smart move for a business with an already questionable past, IMO. Every thread you are involved in is a negative one, and you, instead of handling it professionally, handle it like a typical "Philly Warrior". Quick to talk and be a badass, instead of using any rational thought and common sense.

I feel bad for JPR, his reputation was bad enough, and in trying to fix it, hooked up with some of the only people who are shadier and less professional than he is.

And, lastly, yes, I am an *******, and no I'm not Canadian.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Default Business

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Further examples of your (JPR/JDs/PCMFORLESS) attitude and lack of any business knowledge. You do realize that, with every post, you lose any hope of ever being considered a legitimate vendor, right? Calling people "********" is probably not a smart move for a business with an already questionable past, IMO. Every thread you are involved in is a negative one, and you, instead of handling it professionally, handle it like a typical "Philly Warrior". Quick to talk and be a badass, instead of using any rational thought and common sense.

I feel bad for JPR, his reputation was bad enough, and in trying to fix it, hooked up with some of the only people who are shadier and less professional than he is.

And, lastly, yes, I am an *******, and I'm not Canadian. Try and come up with something more clever than that.
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND---I DON'T WANT PEOPLE LIKE YOU--GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK ****** HEAD!!!

I AM THINKING RATIONALLY--YOU ARE INTERNET YAHOOS---WHO COULDN'T EVEN HELP AN OLD LADY CROSS THE STREET WITHOUT A PROBLEM!!

JOE D.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Wow, wow.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Junkie

As a matter of fact, I would help an old lady across the street, just the same as I'd help someone who bought a $10,000+ motor from me. I would not accuse the old lady of being too old to cross the street, its not my problem. We've seen what "help" you are willing to offer.

Also, I know its easy to be an internet "badass", but you're not impressing anybody except your gang of 16 year old "followers" who think you're whole "tough guy" thing is impressive....

Last edited by SPANKY LS1; 03-16-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Restricted User

How was the block packaged when it came from Steve@RaceEngineering and shipped to JD's?? Did it come on a pallat or was it crated?