prc
39.74%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

afr 215cc vs. prc 215cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can tell you i ran the AFR 205 on my ls1. this was a car that had a 12 bolt,steel drive shaft and not even close to a max effort build in going after ported intakes,high flow water pumps or even a cooler 160 stat. Not to bash the other head,but most of what i seen has not out done my lil AFR build i had years ago. also,i was on a mustang dyno that i lost 25hp on going to it from a dyno jet. I believe in the AFR head seeing what it did on my 3,700lbs car running close to 10's n/a granny shifting to save the trans. AFR is a great product and you get what you pay for. I think price helps people in buying some other heads on the market. They think they get the same as the AFR head for less money. Good luck either way you go my friend.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
I can tell you i ran the AFR 205 on my ls1. this was a car that had a 12 bolt,steel drive shaft and not even close to a max effort build in going after ported intakes,high flow water pumps or even a cooler 160 stat. Not to bash the other head,but most of what i seen has not out done my lil AFR build i had years ago. also,i was on a mustang dyno that i lost 25hp on going to it from a dyno jet. I believe in the AFR head seeing what it did on my 3,700lbs car running close to 10's n/a granny shifting to save the trans. AFR is a great product and you get what you pay for. I think price helps people in buying some other heads on the market. They think they get the same as the AFR head for less money. Good luck either way you go my friend.
And dont forget that cool can of FAST intake grinds you got back from Tony as well
Old 01-27-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

I would go with a mamofied 102 but for heads PRC offers the best bang for your buck! That 215 head is really something special. The afr 215 is almost 300 more.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

On every automotive site I'm on there are at least a dozen posts like this with AFR....and this is what happens on every one of them.

No...I don't run AFR heads.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to look at as if all these vendors are not competitors but people that are in the same industry and trying to exceed our expectations. And personally, both sponsors in this thread have done so for me anyways.

that being said:
This is a very tough choice. I would figure out your goal for the car first.
There is no right or wrong choice in this case, because they are both awesome heads.

Texas Speed is an awesome shop with great products.
Tony Mamo / AFR is a class act with outstanding attention to detail, his knowledge is invaluable, he willing to share that knowledge and great products too.

I know two automatic LS1 f-bodies that had the exact same type of converter/tranny/gearing/intake and nearly identical weights and nearly identical cam specs. The main difference is the heads. The car with the PRC heads put down more power, but the car with AFR heads is quicker and trapped 1mph higher on the same night, same track.

If you get AFR's be sure to get the 8019 spring option.
I vote for either one. Good Luck.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have plans to do business with both of these great sponsors. Tony has been around this site for a very long time, and TSP has been in this site/business for a very long time by offering great products for much less price.

Both heads look amazing. I really wanna see more results. I have seen dozens of AFR 205 and "Budget" PRC 5.3/ LS6 heads lay serious *** whoppin on cars. I wanna see more of these newer heads in action whether its track/street.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:20 PM
10 Second Club

I have owned AFR heads for other engines, and have had great results. I would not hesitate to buy AFR cylinder heads again.

Tony ported my Fast 90 about a year and half ago. He did a fantastic job. I am really happy with the results, and the craftsmanship was stellar.

I cannot comment on PRC as I have never bought anything from TSP or PRC.

Quick Reply: afr 215cc vs. prc 215cc