Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i want a BIGGER cam, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you considered the TTP equalizer Cam Shaft? They just started a new revision of it which should be Killer. Its Just a tad smaller then the G5X2 but larger then say the 231/237. This cam worked for me because i wanted to go a little easier on the springs. Not to mention the great customer service.
Old 03-19-2004, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Why do you want a bigger cam? How about a better cam?
Old 03-19-2004, 03:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scoobie
Have you considered the TTP equalizer Cam Shaft? They just started a new revision of it which should be Killer. Its Just a tad smaller then the G5X2 but larger then say the 231/237. This cam worked for me because i wanted to go a little easier on the springs. Not to mention the great customer service.
i'll look at it! who's TTP?
Old 03-19-2004, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stealth
talk to me!! (?)
Old 03-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Launching!

I'm really happy with my 230/230 .592/.592 on a 112
Old 03-19-2004, 04:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by stealth
c'mon stealth, now that you got me interested! i'd like to hear what you got to say!!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey dude, my top cam choices would be (in no particular order):

FM13
G5X2 or G5X3
Thunder TRex
TSP 231/237 or TSP Magic Stick Cam

I myself will upgrade to one of these cams after I get some other things that I need and get the car running as best as it can with my current comp 228. But if I were you, i'd go with one of these cams and at least a 4000 stall converter!!! Me personally, i'm gonna go real big, so i'll probably either go with the G5X-3, TRex, or the Magic Stick, unless of course there's another new, bigger and better cam that's out by then makin crazy power and puttin down great times!!!

PS - This is Devon (hot99z28 on SFFBA), just in case you didn't know who I was, hehe!! Also, just to let you know, with some of the bigger cams, ur most likely going to need to flycut ur pistons, if you don't want to have to flycut, I think the only cam on my list u'd be able to put in is the FM13, and that may need it too, depending on whether or not ur heads are shaved and how much.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

TTP is a sponsor of this website ------------------> look over on the sponsor panels. Give Matt a call. Visit there website to see one of there customers cars with the Equalizer Cam. Here is a link to how the Cam will sound the first time you start your car up. This is untuned by the way, but tuned it still sounds incredible

http://www.ttperformance.net/cam/ttpcam.wmv
Old 03-19-2004, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Hey dude, my top cam choices would be (in no particular order):

FM13
G5X2 or G5X3
Thunder TRex
TSP 231/237 or TSP Magic Stick Cam

I myself will upgrade to one of these cams after I get some other things that I need and get the car running as best as it can with my current comp 228. But if I were you, i'd go with one of these cams and at least a 4000 stall converter!!! Me personally, i'm gonna go real big, so i'll probably either go with the G5X-3, TRex, or the Magic Stick, unless of course there's another new, bigger and better cam that's out by then makin crazy power and puttin down great times!!!

PS - This is Devon (hot99z28 on SFFBA), just in case you didn't know who I was, hehe!! Also, just to let you know, with some of the bigger cams, ur most likely going to need to flycut ur pistons, if you don't want to have to flycut, I think the only cam on my list u'd be able to put in is the FM13, and that may need it too, depending on whether or not ur heads are shaved and how much.
i know who it is!!, hows it goin devon? how do i go about figgering out if the pistons need to be flycut or not? are you gonna go to the vette, viper, f-body shootout at bmp that lee's been talkin about?
Old 03-19-2004, 08:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, you can give all the specs on ur heads to the sponsor ur ordering the cam from and they should be able to tell you whether they need to be flycut or not, there's also a way to check p to v while putting the engine together once you have the cam in and are putting the heads on, but i'm not sure how to do it, and forget what it's called.

I'll be at the shootout, but I won't be racing, i'm riding up with Lee. My car won't race at BMP till I have a way to get it there other than driving it.

PS - I might be at Immokalee tomorrow night for some bracket racing, depends on whether or not Lee is goin. If he goes i'll go, but if he's not goin, i'm not gonna take the hour and half drive myself! I hope he decides to go, cuz i really wanna race, plus I could use some money toward my downpayment on my van that I gotta get for work, hehe! I figure i have a pretty good shot as long as I do my job and cut a good r/t, cuz the car usually runs right on the money!
Old 03-20-2004, 05:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Scoobie
TTP is a sponsor of this website ------------------> look over on the sponsor panels. Give Matt a call. Visit there website to see one of there customers cars with the Equalizer Cam. Here is a link to how the Cam will sound the first time you start your car up. This is untuned by the way, but tuned it still sounds incredible

http://www.ttperformance.net/cam/ttpcam.wmv
thanks Scoobie, trying to do all the lookin' & listenin' i can, i checked out their website, thanks
Old 03-24-2004, 03:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Deeavi
If you are getting a bigger cam and torque converter you should see the improvement you are looking for. Should really respond well considering what you already have.
i would probably like to go with the FM13 or somethimg simular, right now i got a tci 3000+- street fighter t/c, what size torq converter should i go with, how big is 2 big? on the yank site they have a thing that helps you pick out a new size tq/c and they suggest 4800 (?), thoughts anyone?
Old 03-24-2004, 04:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say a 4500 stall would probably work! Personally I have been that route. I like driving my car too much to restrict it to racing only. When you get that far with the big cam and TC, the car is no longer fun to drive on the street, but if that is what you want then buy all means go for it.
Old 03-24-2004, 04:49 AM
Launching!

I would say a 4500 stall would probably work! Personally I have been that route. I like driving my car too much to restrict it to racing only. When you get that far with the big cam and TC, the car is no longer fun to drive on the street, but if that is what you want then buy all means go for it.
thanks Deeavi, thats probably the route i'm gonna go, i got a stock '02 Z28 for the street
Old 03-24-2004, 05:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Boy, That is nice! I can't afford an extra Z, Maybe one day!
Old 03-26-2004, 07:34 AM
Launching!

Boy, That is nice! I can't afford an extra Z, Maybe one day!
neither can i.....