Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JPR HVLD S2 flow #'s 2nd opinion and PCM info

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

9t9 I was also curious as to the power I put out and I cant remember exactly but I think that for every point of compression you get another 10% hp. Maybe somebody can chime in and verify this. My flow numbers are not questionable at all because I had them checked by two seperate shops and they came up with nearly identical results. The only thing the bigger bore did to the flow numbers was raise them by roughly 10 cfm at the higher lift ranges. At the lower lift ranges it was actually worse than the 3.9 bore. My numbers came from compression, timing, and the big cam but definately not the flow #'s. Like PSJ said it seems as though we only wanted my money and not for me to go fast

At least everybody can avoid my mistakes and save alot of their own money.
Old 03-21-2004, 12:47 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear that Mike. You got totally screwed in every way possible, hell JPR invited a new way to screw you....Hopefully the LS1 communitity will learn from this, unfortunately at your expense but should help put the WRONG people out of business for good...

Hell no wonder that shady MF'er doesn't even have his own establishment anymore
Old 03-21-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,454 Likes on 1,008 Posts

YOU KNOW THEY ARE COMING, AKA Mars Bars & THE CAP LETTER THOUGH GUY from Philly

SO I'LL GO AHEAD AND SAY IT FOR BATMAN & ROBIN so they don't have to post up.

STOP, I SAID STOP GUYS SO STOP, STOP NOW!!!! I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN SO STOP, NOW I SAID STOP!!!! I WILL NOT POST AGAIN SO STOP!!!

fifteen minutes later it will be

YOU FRENCH CANADIANS FROM FLORDIA & NORTH CAROLINA ARE ALL GAY LIKE THE REST US SO I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT SO STOP!!, I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN. I SAID STOP!!!!

then an hour later

I WILL NOT POST AGAIN UNLESS YOU LIEING FRENCH CANADIANS STFU SO STOP!!! YOU ARE an INTERNET YAHOO 99 Black Bird T/A!!! I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO YAHOO'S ON THE INTERNET THAT KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO POST BEFORE i DO SO STOP!!!! YOU ENGLISH CANADIANS ARE REALLY LIEING FRENCH CANADIANS I KNOW THIS SO STOP, I'M DONE WITH THIS POST
Old 03-21-2004, 01:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMAO.

I believe that should be in someone's sig. Priceless.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A

STOP, I SAID STOP GUYS SO STOP, STOP NOW!!!! I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN SO STOP, NOW I SAID STOP!!!! I WILL NOT POST AGAIN SO STOP!!!

YOU FRENCH CANADIANS FROM FLORDIA & NORTH CAROLINA ARE ALL GAY LIKE THE REST US SO I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT SO STOP!!, I HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN. I SAID STOP!!!!

then an hour later

I WILL NOT POST AGAIN UNLESS YOU LIEING FRENCH CANADIANS STFU SO STOP!!! YOU ARE an INTERNET YAHOO 99 Black Bird T/A!!! I WILL NOT GIVE IN TO YAHOO'S ON THE INTERNET THAT KNOW WHAT I'M GOING TO POST BEFORE i DO SO STOP!!!! YOU ENGLISH CANADIANS ARE REALLY LIEING FRENCH CANADIANS I KNOW THIS SO STOP, I'M DONE WITH THIS POST

LOL !!! Thats some funny stuff.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:21 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay I'll give it to u straight..
Joe and I started screwing around with a set of LS1 heads back in 2000...
He had only done one other set and was learning,he is one guy who was afraid to port the heads while screwing up the runner cc.I knew this was a good thing as to make tq and high velocity so I gave him a VIG3600 in trade to port a set of S1 heads.

He did a mild port on them and had them decked 010.I ran stock valves,guides and did a 3 angle valve job on them.They looked pretty good but barely touched?He said they were done in all the right areas and we were friends so I believed him..

At that point I was running 11.90's with boltons...
That was fast at the time especailly for my fat *** driving but thats another story.

Well Joe and I were peas in a pod,He didnt have alot of work and did work on a timely fashion.He was meticulous at that time and pretty smart,remember when he came up with the EGR tube for the LS6 intake swaps?He also made a nice coil relocation setup back in 99 before IMO anyone else?

Anywho,We put his heads on my car and I got a MAIL ORDER tune.We added a MAFT to the car so we could play with the car and AT it from time to time.I had all he boltons most guys had an a 218-224 528-535 114 cam and we all know that was average at the time..

The car with constant tweeking and racing every weekend bested a 11.48@117..I was happy as I had real street/strip car so then we decided to change the cam to one or the baddest cams ever ground,the infamous TR224 on a 112..

As soons as Joe and at the time Tommy put that baby in we knew we were onto something.This was still on the MAIL ORDER tune and all we did was drill the TB til it read 38 on the IAC counts.

The car was NASTY,it snarled and had a very crisp rev.
Its was JPR's shop car and it ran well,IMO very well given what other were running..We took it to the track on a good air night -1300 and it bested a 11.36@118.50 while still weight 3450lbs shifting at a mere 6200...

The car was soooo streetable it wasnt funny and pulled like a banshee.
Then things got nuts,I went another direction and sadly my motor had too many runs on it for the new setup (CARTEK S2X) to really shine.Its only went 11.14@122+ which again was pretty good considering the car had just about the same cam but MUCH better heads which was strange to me but again thats another story..

Well then Joe (He means well) got in over his head too fast.He promised too much and exagerated from time to time (we all do it).IMO U got promises he couldnt deliever and when the **** his the fan he crashed.Its sad,I really feel bad for him.I saw that his porting can work even if the numbers werent that great,Its where he ported the heads but like others on here he got so backed up he didnt give it his best efforts from set to set and people suffered.

I hope he can bounce back becuase honestly racing back then with him was the best time I had,we would go to the track (just Joe and I) and best are times every week testing stuff and playing with the car.

If he can fix some of the mess thats in front of him and slowly get back to porting heads the way I KNOW HE CAN and just take on a few cars a month I believe he can crawl out of this mess.

I'm not saying to forgive and forget we all know money doesnt grow on tree's and that he created alot of this stuff himself but I think we should let the guy try and get his life in order,pay back what he can,make things better for some of u to the best of his ability and then see if he can get back to what he knows and that porting heads.

Joe I am truly sorry your going threw this as I;ve had my problem with my setup,loss of parents,making bad decision and screwing up my life.I hope u get back on your feet.The only way it to admit defeat is take responsibility and start over with honesty and integrity.

I know u can do it,your a good guy deep down inside..
You and your family are in my prayers...

Your Friend
JS

Last edited by JS; 03-21-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:29 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I know Know JD can upset people but this really isnt his problem
Just stick to the post at hand guys,Mike got the shaft and it wasnt from JD

JMHO
JS
Old 03-21-2004, 01:48 PM
On The Tree

My opinion is that the product did not meet the advertised specs... EVER. Regardless if it blew up Mike's car or not, the heads are not up to the performance or compression ratio which was advertised. Now you can argue that Mike did get the power output he was told, but heads aren't the only factor in providing HP, i.e. big cam and tuning can bring your HP #s up too. Stricly going off of advertised flow numbers, these heads dont perform...At the very least, mike should get a refund for the heads and send them back....
Old 03-21-2004, 01:51 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Or Joe should port them like I know he can and give them back with a signed document stating they will perform as described..

I know Mike is leary but if Joe actually did that Mike just might go for it.
Then he;d have the heads he paid for even if it took loosing a motor and could put them on his APE shortblock and go mustang hunting...

JMHO....
Everything can be worked out,u just gotta try...
Old 03-21-2004, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JS
Or Joe should port them like I know he can and give them back with a signed document stating they will perform as described..

Then he;d have the heads he paid for even if it took loosing a motor and could put them on his APE shortblock and go mustang hunting...

JMHO....

From my understanding of Mike's previous posts, I think he has tried to get a written confirmation from Joe that his new heads would perform up to those numbers....I dont think he has gotten that WRITTEN confirmation yet, only contradictions over the phone... With all of the problems that happened to Mike's car why on Earth would you ever put another set on a * brand new* motor? I'd be very leary too! Wouldnt you?
Old 03-21-2004, 01:59 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I see your point but he could send the heads,get the written conformation and have APE setup the valves,springs,etc.This way he would only get a set of heads that were ported up to spec.

But I can understand how he feels.
Actually I am kinda in the same boat with my car,I've had NOTHING but bad bad luck ever since I took it apart back in 2002....

JS
Bummed out...
Old 03-21-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JS

JMHO....

JPR did offer to make them right but when I asked about the email he stated that his hard drive was being investigated by the FBI and therefore he could not send me an email. This is what turned me off to his offer. If he wants he can send me a new set of heads and I will send mine back to him once I have confirmed that the new heads flow to spec I'll send the old ones back.

JPR seems unwilling to give me a valid paper trail so once again I cannot trust him. Its all a mute point because I am not going to use anything JPR related ever again and at this point my main goal is to make sure others don't get screwed like I did.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:19 PM
JS
10 Second Club

I understand Mike,I know how u feel...
Joe couldve been high on the mountain top with just alittle more hard work and better business sense.

Real sad....

Good luck bro...
JS
Old 03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
JPR did offer to make them right but when I asked about the email he stated that his hard drive was being investigated by the FBI and therefore he could not send me an email. This is what turned me off to his offer. If he wants he can send me a new set of heads and I will send mine back to him once I have confirmed that the new heads flow to spec I'll send the old ones back.

JPR seems unwilling to give me a valid paper trail so once again I cannot trust him. Its all a mute point because I am not going to use anything JPR related ever again and at this point my main goal is to make sure others don't get screwed like I did.
If JPR wanted to make things right, he could put what you want in writing and put it in regular USPS mail to you if he has no email. Bottom line is JPR does not want any paper trail that will hold him responsible for what he says he will do.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:15 PM
12 Second Club

i would not let him go near anything that is going on that new motor without some sort of written proof that has all his info and his SIGNATURE on it. He could just deney (i cant spell) the fact the ever wrote it..unless you get a signed document.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99 Black Bird T/A

then an hour later

ROTFLMAO!!
Old 03-21-2004, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike, those flow numbers- how much better are they than stock, unported heads? Not much, right?

Good luck with your new setup; you know I feel for you as I have been through alot of similar stuff with JPR. What heads and cam are you going to run on your new engine?

Joe Prince still owes me $1500, so I hope he doesn't declare bankruptcy.

11Bravo- if you want to make a trip to New Jersey to check on your motor, let me know. I'm in NC; I'll go with you.

JS- you have got to be one of the most forgiving guys around. I have heard Joe Prince say some really nasty things about you behind your back- I wouldn't be so quick to forgive him if I were you.

The FBI has JPR's hard drive, huh? LMAO! I guess they'll be knocking on my door anytime now- remember when Joe claimed I sent him an e-mail with an attachment that was spyware? I'm probably the guy he is talking about- I still don't know what the hell that attachment was; I know I didn't send it intentionally, if it did in fact come from me.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:12 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BADSS
JS- you have got to be one of the most forgiving guys around. I have heard Joe Prince say some really nasty things about you behind your back- I wouldn't be so quick to forgive him if I were you.
I agree. Mike K. and I both heard JPR say some negative things about JS. Hell he talked about EZSS so bad while we were up there I was starting to dislike EZSS myself and did not even know him. This was all while EZSS was calling JPR about his smoking car. EZSS this was all b4 we knew how shady JPR was at the time. Looking back we met one of JPR's so called friends who was bragging about all the shady stuff him and JPR use to do to customers and how JPR just recently went through a court battle b4 we arrived. To tell you the truth I still cant believe all of this happened. I come from a place where con artist are prevelant and I use to ALWAYS be on the lookout. JPR caught me slipping. Mike your next setup is going to be AWESOME. APE is going to take care of you.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Same old people same old thing. Excpet for JS, that came out of the blue. As for Joe saying stuff about JS I know that JS was not saying the nicest things either. It was real ugly for awhile and it turned me off to the whole hobby and I just wanted to have fun, I didnt want to get dragged into a soap opera.
These threads are almost funny now you can say JPR this and that and have the same bashers and then you can start a patriot post and have the other bashers join in. Actually I think you can start a post of just about anything now and have the same haters come in and trash talk any product be it ,BMR, Moser, and in time all the new sponsers that join.
Like I said before in my first post the car is at a shop right now for new headers and a coolant leak that developed while the car was in storage (I think an animal got in there). If it ends up being the head gasket for some reason I will call Joe and see if he will help me out and have him reflow my heads like he said he would. Actually even if its not the head gasket I should have enough $$ saved in a few weeks to blow it on new gaskets and bolts and have Joe pull the heads anyway and post my results.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah my next setup should be very nice, BADSS I am going with APE and I am getting an entire longblock since my heads were not salvageable (at least they are worth more to me in their current condition than touched up). They were originally going to build me a 383 stroker because I thought my heads were ok but I decided on a 409 iron block stroker since it ended up being the same price as the 383 since I needed new heads. They have been very stand up so far and have not been afraid to give me anything in writing so it seems that they are not afraid to stand behind their work.

Vince I am still in shock also that we were both lied to directly and we didn't even catch it. I guess we both had a feeling that something was up because I remember telling you we should just turn around and go home and I remember you saying that something was fishy about JPR's friend telling all about that court battle. I know I am definatly more weary now and I will from now on double check everything and have everything in writing before I do anything car related. Thanks again for sticking by me through all this.

Last edited by Mike K.; 03-21-2004 at 10:32 PM.