Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure gauge stuck

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 08:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pressure gauge stuck

I recently installed a melling high volume oil pump when i did a cam install last September. Now Im not sure if its related at all but i have noticed lately that my oil pressure gauge staying at 60 even when the car is off. All other gauges reset to 0 except the oil pressure gauge. What does this mean? Bad gauge? Bad sending unit? The battery was dead the last time I started it but i dont think thats related since the gauge did not move when i disconnected the battery.
Im just not sure.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cknoma2005
I recently installed a melling high volume oil pump when i did a cam install last September. Now Im not sure if its related at all but i have noticed lately that my oil pressure gauge staying at 60 even when the car is off. All other gauges reset to 0 except the oil pressure gauge. What does this mean? Bad gauge? Bad sending unit? The battery was dead the last time I started it but i dont think thats related since the gauge did not move when i disconnected the battery.
Im just not sure.
It's most likely a bad sending unit. It's fairly common.....the gauge will stay at the highest reading and can start leaking. I would start with the sending unit first. I have had to replace 2 of them on my corvette so far.

Quick Reply: oil pressure gauge stuck