I think i'm going with these heads with the EPS 222/226 cam. Anyone have any
track results yet?
Old 05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackNiteWS6
I think i'm going with these heads with the EPS 222/226 cam. Anyone have any
track results yet?
IMO i'd hit Tony a p.m. and get him to spec the cam to your needs with these heads, that way you will get EXACTLY what your after, you will not be disappointed
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know Tony likes the 224/228 cam, but since I have a A4 I know the EPS cam has
great manners for the A4. I don't want any low rpm cam surge or bucking. Patrick G. can custom design me a 222/226 cam that will work great with the AFR's a still be auto friendly.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that fast intake runners will match up so nice with the head runners.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:45 AM
10 Second Club

Damn, I just saw all the parts that you're running and your car must fly. If you don't mind could you PM me what times you run? For my '02 SS A4 i plan going with the AFR 210cc heads, and since I have the auto tranny I like the EPS 222/226 cam, but I'll ask Patrick G to customize it so it's A4 friendly. I know he would only have to adjust the valve timing events. I also like the Vig.3600 #7 stall, but almost every speed shop or customer told be that I'd be better off with the Yank SS3600. On my WS6 I ran a Vig.3600 for 5 years without 1 issue and I ran a 125hp N2O kit. But I've never heard of anyone having any issues with their SS3600. I'll be stuck running the stock rear 10 bolt for a while. But I love the parts and setup that you run. Well done. Oh I almost forgot, I plan on running the TPIS modified LS6 intake. I just rather spend the money on other items that I really need like ARP head bolts, I'll spend more to have my stainless headers coated, I'll upgrade to a higher volume oil pump. And so on. TPIS only charges $350 if you send in your own LS6 intake, which is perfect since the motor will be apart to install the heads and cam. Plus the TPIS LS6 only showed a 4 rwhp difference over the FAST 92. But in the future if I go FI or larger cubes I will have to go with the FAST 102 and paint it black like the one I saw on YouTube.
But thanks for your setup ideas, and again I need to say, I love the setup you went with.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

My apologies to the OP for a little of the hijacking i was doing. Sorry about that Sir.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Staging Lane

My apologies to the OP for a little of the hijacking i was doing. Sorry about that Sir.
lol mate no need to apologise at all get some 210's, a cam to suit and enjoy hosing the tires
Old 05-06-2012, 03:03 AM
10 Second Club

^^Yes sir i hear ya loud a clearly Take care.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 AM
Staging Lane

Damn, I just saw all the parts that you're running and your car must fly. If you don't mind could you PM me what times you run? For my '02 SS A4 i plan going with the AFR 210cc heads, and since I have the auto tranny I like the EPS 222/226 cam, but I'll ask Patrick G to customize it so it's A4 friendly. I know he would only have to adjust the valve timing events. I also like the Vig.3600 #7 stall, but almost every speed shop or customer told be that I'd be better off with the Yank SS3600. On my WS6 I ran a Vig.3600 for 5 years without 1 issue and I ran a 125hp N2O kit. But I've never heard of anyone having any issues with their SS3600. I'll be stuck running the stock rear 10 bolt for a while. But I love the parts and setup that you run. Well done. Oh I almost forgot, I plan on running the TPIS modified LS6 intake. I just rather spend the money on other items that I really need like ARP head bolts, I'll spend more to have my stainless headers coated, I'll upgrade to a higher volume oil pump. And so on. TPIS only charges $350 if you send in your own LS6 intake, which is perfect since the motor will be apart to install the heads and cam. Plus the TPIS LS6 only showed a 4 rwhp difference over the FAST 92. But in the future if I go FI or larger cubes I will have to go with the FAST 102 and paint it black like the one I saw on YouTube.
But thanks for your setup ideas, and again I need to say, I love the setup you went with.
thanks for the compliments mate, and yes the car is loose as f*#k! lol which is the reason i just fried a fairly new clutch on a partial tune, i haven't managed to get to the track yet as im still to get the clutch replaced (going into the shop this coming weekend to pull the gearbox out) once that is sorted ill be wiring Tony some coin and getting the 102 under way, then once that is on and tuned with injector/fuel pump combo sorted ill head to the local strip just for ***** and giggles, this is still my DD so it has to remain user friendly and not be too outrageous to drive round town, regardless of if you have an auto or not, you should p.m. Tony if you go with these heads, he really is THE man to talk to in regards to spec'ing H/C combo's bar none , and the fact that he is so willing to give of his time to help people out really is a testament to not only himself but AFR also the cam im running doesn't buck or surge anywhere in the slightest has the most amazing manners and makes you hang on anywhere in the RPM range when you stomp the gas, im seriously impressed with this combo as were the sceptics that tuned it and put it together, these heads are super efficient and really flow so to make the most i'd not bother wasting any cash on the LS6 intake (which i have on mine and it still strangles these heads) and save some pennies for a FAST 102, ported by the wizard of air flow himself of course
Old 05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
10 Second Club

Man thats some killer flow numbers...I emailed Tony about the setup that i wanna do
and he was more than helpfull. Since i'll have a A4 tranny i'm going with a slightly smaller cam. I'm going with the EPS 222/226 .598/.598 cam but on a 114 lsa to make it a little more A4 friendly.
Anyway congrads. to the OP on his setup, well done.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:34 AM
Staging Lane

Man thats some killer flow numbers...I emailed Tony about the setup that i wanna do
and he was more than helpfull. Since i'll have a A4 tranny i'm going with a slightly smaller cam. I'm going with the EPS 222/226 .598/.598 cam but on a 114 lsa to make it a little more A4 friendly.
Anyway congrads. to the OP on his setup, well done.
nice work mate, Tony is awesome helpful, that setup you've been spec'd will certainly boogie, make sure to take some pics and post up some before and after numbers, im really keen to see the end result, you wont be able to wipe the smile off your face for a while thats for sure
Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Christmas arrived early today, got a box full of some sweet treats from Tony, my FAST 102 with throttle body and injectors arrived, first off, i want to comment on the quality of the finish on the intake, i asked Tony to paint it up for me before it left, the finish is absolutely flawless and looks AMAZING! its going to almost be a crime to install and hide it under the bonnet of the car, next i need to say a big thanks to Tony for packaging everything so superbly, there's always an element of "what if" when shipping gear thousands of miles away and he did an outstanding job of making sure that everything was well wrapped and neatly packed within the box, Tony, thanks man for your help getting this stuff over, you are a legend, cars gonna go into the shop shortly to have the rest of the induction sorted and get a final tune done, looking forward to seeing the end results but more looking forwards to getting some seat time after the smoke has cleared (already have a spare set of toyo T1R's sitting in the shed on standby lol)
Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 AM
Staging Lane

Attached Thumbnails New AFR 210 LSX heads-3.jpg   New AFR 210 LSX heads-1.jpg  
Old 11-14-2012, 03:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fun to review this thread again. I like the size of the vehicle that has this motor, it looks to be small and must be an absolute hoot to drive. Good luck with the installation.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Your going to really love it after you get you new FAST 102 intake on and get the final tune done. Make sure to post up the new dyno-graph after it's all done!
ENJOY!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
Your going to really love it after you get you new FAST 102 intake on and get the final tune done. Make sure to post up the new dyno-graph after it's all done!
ENJOY!
hopefully wont be too far away, ill keep you posted, very much looking forward to seeing how it goes after the install and tune, the summer drag series has just begun and the local strip is only 10 mins away from where i live so ill be going for a few runs down the strip.

Originally Posted by vettenuts
Fun to review this thread again. I like the size of the vehicle that has this motor, it looks to be small and must be an absolute hoot to drive. Good luck with the installation.
thanks dude, its great fun to drive, can be a handful in the wet though lol, it certainly raises a few eyebrows in the local ricer community
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish i had that in my living room right now! lol
Old 12-01-2012, 05:35 AM
Teching In

Hi Matt,
Good to see your Fast Manifold /Throttle Body etc has arrived. Will be interesting to see the final outcome on the dyno. I have a SV8 ute with similar motor specs to yours. I see you want to put the Maloo down the 1/4mile at Ruapuna Park. I try to get to every meeting that they hold there and the last one we were at was fantastic. It was the Muscle car & Hot rod meet. Track wasn't the best but the 104 cars that turned up had a ball. Look forward to seeing you there. They are a great bunch of guys.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:36 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My clutch got smoked on the dyno as well... I feel you! What clutch did you wind up going with?

Quick Reply: New AFR 210 LSX heads