Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New AFR 210 LSX heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
My clutch got smoked on the dyno as well... I feel you! What clutch did you wind up going with?
Went with one of these dude, model specific for my ride, seems to handle the abuse well, almost went with an organic twin plate but was talked out of it as its predominantly a street car and i didnt want anything that was going to be too antisocial to drive regularly, not 100% how it will hold up at the strip but as im not gonna be running it that frequently im hoping ill get a few miles out of it before it ***** itself again

http://www.vcmstore.com.au/epages/sh...ts/VP-3HD-VT-Z

Last edited by papermushrooms; 12-01-2012 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by twizelkiwi
Hi Matt,
Good to see your Fast Manifold /Throttle Body etc has arrived. Will be interesting to see the final outcome on the dyno. I have a SV8 ute with similar motor specs to yours. I see you want to put the Maloo down the 1/4mile at Ruapuna Park. I try to get to every meeting that they hold there and the last one we were at was fantastic. It was the Muscle car & Hot rod meet. Track wasn't the best but the 104 cars that turned up had a ball. Look forward to seeing you there. They are a great bunch of guys.
Hey mate, nice work, very much keen for a few runs once we've got the final tune done, send me a p.m. next time your looking at coming up and ill come down to the track (only 10 minutes away from me) would be good to meet up
Old 12-01-2012, 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

So how does the car feel now when you give it the lead foot?
Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
So how does the car feel now when you give it the lead foot?
Haven't had a chance to put it together and tune it yet mate , Mr Mamo is sending me over a mezeire electric water pump and an ATI underdrive dampner to go with the intake install so once they arrive it will be under way
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh okay, for some reason I thought you had it all assembled, but minus the final tune.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

Oh okay, for some reason I thought you had it all assembled, but minus the final tune.
Not quite yet, did heads/cam and retune last time, but the clutch took a dump on the dyno and didnt get to finish tuning properly plus injectors were pretty much maxed out also, so we called it a day, ive since replaced the clutch and now ive got the FAST 102/102, new injectors and fuel pump, im just waiting on the ewp and ATI dampner to arrive before installing them and getting the final tune done, cant wait to see/feel the difference lol
Old 12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

What are the predictions for the FAST/injectors/EWP/ & pulley...???
I'd bet at least another 40 rwhp.....car should be an animal !!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by A.R. Shale Targa
What are the predictions for the FAST/injectors/EWP/ & pulley...???
I'd bet at least another 40 rwhp.....car should be an animal !!!!
Not really 100% sure, i suppose somewhere round 30ish rwhp? im not expecting much of a gain off the EWP and pulley really, it will be Tony's ported 102/102 combo with upgraded fuel system and retune that will net the most hp, i was just trying to max those gains by getting the rest of the supporting mods together, and the main reason for the EWP was so i wasn't having to grind on the factory water pump to get the clearance for the FAST intake, just bolt on and go (plus anodised parts are always a win)
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 AM
Staging Lane

Got my box of sweet new years treats turn up from Tony today, the man knows how to pack a box of gear and get it sent without a mark on it, big ups Tony your a fuckn legend !!

anyhow couple pics of the rest of stuff waiting to go together for round 2
Attached Thumbnails New AFR 210 LSX heads-4.jpg   New AFR 210 LSX heads-5.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

So you better hurry up and get it all installed and tuned, because you know you're not going to get much sleep until you do!

I look forward to seeing what the final results bring!

Keep us posted.

BTW, what size are the AFR210 chambers, 62cc..?

Last edited by 99Bluz28; 01-07-2013 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

So you better hurry up and get it all installed and tuned, because you know you're not going to get much sleep until you do!

Keep us posted.
haha cheers bro, you know it!! night drags are coming up soon need to get it together a.s.a.p. plus the Mrs is getting a tad sick of the boxes of car parts laying about the house
Old 01-07-2013, 01:45 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Which water pump is that the street or race version?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by adamantium
Which water pump is that the street or race version?
pretty sure its the street application pump dude, not sure how many liters per minute or anything though
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

55 gallons per minute for the Street version, it's 35gpm for the race. Also you be able fill the coolant system a lot more before start up.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Keep us posted.

BTW, what size are the AFR210 chambers, 62cc..?
Sorry Blu, just seen the question regards the chambers, they are 66cc out of the box so plenty of room to mill, i haven't touched mine yet, just straight out the box and installed, once i get bored of the new set of mods and start looking for more HP, ill most likely pull them and ship them off for a vacation in the states at Tonys place when i eventually get round to doing a forged/stroked bottom end (thinking 383 maybe or 402 with an LS2 block), but in the mean time im gonna see how good i can get this stock bottom end to boogie till it lunches itself
Old 01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah, I was just trying get an idea where you might end up with the HP an TQ. I'd expect to see at least a 30 rwhp & rwtq gain, maybe up to 60 hp/tq depending on how much the old clutch, and factory fuel system held your power back.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

55 gallons per minute for the Street version, it's 35gpm for the race. Also you be able fill the coolant system a lot more before start up.
I think theres also a "HD" version that pumps out 42gpm which is another version of the race pump aswell.

Just re looked at the pic and thats def the street version, since it has the pulley attached to it.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:46 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, I was just trying get an idea where you might end up with the HP an TQ. I'd expect to see at least a 30 rwhp & rwtq gain, maybe up to 60 hp/tq depending on how much the old clutch, and factory fuel system held your power back.
30 rwhp was kind of what i was hoping for, and ill treat anything else as an added bonus, kind of expect the worst hope for the best scenario, either way with the intake and supporting mods im sure the butt dyno will be impressed for a few months at least.........until the bug bites again
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Mate, not a fan of the clutch you've got, it's more of a tuned, standard engined cars clutch.
I am using a puk, solid centered plate with an increased pressure plate clamp pressure...apart from giving it some revs & a little shudder on take off I never have to worry about it never being up to task.
A twin plate you thought about would also have been the better option you should have chosen considering your mods.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:25 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Hi Mate, not a fan of the clutch you've got, it's more of a tuned, standard engined cars clutch.
I am using a puk, solid centered plate with an increased pressure plate clamp pressure...apart from giving it some revs & a little shudder on take off I never have to worry about it never being up to task.
A twin plate you thought about would also have been the better option you should have chosen considering your mods.
I kind of left it up to the guy putting it together to make the call, i told him what i was after and that is what he recommended saying it was good for up to 400kw to the tyre, i guess time will tell, i wasnt a fan of the puk clutch (as ive had them in the past with previous cars) bearing in mind this gets driven 4 out of 7 days of the week at a minimum, the twin i was leaning towards but was told it wouldnt be too user friendly around town so i opted for that VCM unit that was suggested, what brand clutch are you running?

Quick Reply: New AFR 210 LSX heads