Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay heads???

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by showvette
Are you only reading the parts you want? Their COMPLETE heads come with a valve job.

Frank
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LS1-LS2-LS6-5-3-5-7-FULLY-CNC-RACE-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-BARE-ALUMINUM-CYLINDER-HEADS-/290780725362?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item43b3e1c072

^^^^^^^^^^ BARE HEADS NO VALVE JOB BRO. 2.02"/1.55" SEATS 64CC CHAMBERS 225CC INTAKE RUNNERS Bro 293CFM advertising. These are the heads I will be testing.

And I don't understand why your wifey is upset and acting up like this...when I'm the one that's spending money and doing independent flow testing...Sheesh!

Let's just wait until the heads arrive on Wednesday. Let the numbers speak for themselves.

This thread is getting hostile for no reason. And I would like to make my findings available to everyone so they can decide.

Peace
Old 04-07-2013, 07:50 PM
Staging Lane

just thought i would chime in on this. not looking to argue with any 1. just want to state some facts i know . yes all assembled procomps come with the 1 angle valve job that the factory used to do in the 80s. all factory ls6 castings 317s what ever come with factory 3 angle valve job and back cut valves. comparing those heads that have 1 angle valve job to a head with a good valve job and back cut valves. is like like comparing apple to oranges .
Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Originally Posted by themealonwheels
Harsh Reality, thanks for taking the plunge for all of us curious LS1Techers But really, bro, you need to cool down with the bro thing, bro

Showvette and DEVetteGirl are just trying to prevent you from making a mistake. If you won't install them after you get results, then the point is moot and you can return them. But I've been in that boat of trying to help people who are about to make a mistake, I got a little passionate with my responses/arguments as well. Their data and experience is founded, why won't you believe them?

All that being said, PLEASE make sure to dyno before and after on the same dyno! It would also help to see times/mph before and after. Too often, we get "after" results and end up questioning the dyno. I repeat, PLEASE get before and after dyno or I and many others will just believe your dyno results are from a "happy" dyno or some other excuse.
I appreciate that I will chill on the bro thing. It's just a habit no disrespect.

I've told these two that I'm in too deep. I said I'm invested already.

The heads are already purchased, I said this earlier in the post. So if it was a mistake then now its going to be a learning experience for us all. But just to make sure I learned the hard way. I'm going to have these heads professional flowed in Tampa. I don't see the issue with this... since I paid for them. What's the problem? And you bet your sweet a$$ I'm going to put these things on my Boosted 4.8 vortec. If the flow numbers look good. That's my word and I'm sticking to it.

I'm just really looking out for everyone with concrete proof. I don't want anyone to have any doubt whether to buy these heads or say hey, MOTHER**** ProComp Chinese heads.

Now as far as the dyno I'll do before and after runs and screen shot it all. Like I said before if these heads don't work out then to hell with it!

But if these heads FLOW as advertised someone is eating crow! You hear me! And I don't wanna hear any of this crap about I lucked up and got a GOOD set of heads either.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM
Teching In

'Wifey'??

'Acting up'??

Listen "bro", I don't know who you think you're talking about, but I would highly suggest you change your choice of words.

You can spend all the money you want, I couldn't care less at this point. If you don't want to take some advice I learned the hard way. So be it.

In the meantime, I will be looking for a better quality product to sell my customers.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DEVetteGirl
'Wifey'??

'Acting up'??

Listen "bro", I don't know who you think you're talking about, but I would highly suggest you change your choice of words.

You can spend all the money you want, I couldn't care less at this point. If you don't want to take some advice I learned the hard way. So be it.

In the meantime, I will be looking for a better quality product to sell my customers.
In the spirit to keep this thread positive. I'll just wish you the best.

Good luck to you, your organization and customers.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Yeah, thanks.

I already have all the concrete proof I need.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

This could be an informative thread if from here on the word "bro" is banned
Old 04-07-2013, 08:26 PM
Staging Lane

Well everyone stay tuned and subscribe to this thread! Pro Comp head flow show down on APRIL 10 and APRIL 11!
Old 04-10-2013, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to sub this thread, I was laughing so hard at all the fighting that I must see more. But really, why fight someone who is determined to find out for themselves. If they didn't want to believe someone else, let them learn on their own and if they both come up with the same outcome, we are all the wiser.

BTW, outkast6991, love that avatar you have posted, *O_O*....
Old 04-10-2013, 03:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HR.. Have you read all the posts fully? I don't think you have grasped everything being said.

And for such a tight budget.. How could you afford two sets of heads, flow number money, fluids for the swap, etc?

At what point would you rather spend the same money on some proven used heads?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:15 AM
Teching In

Davettegirl, what is the name of your performance store? I will be sure to stay away from it when I know the name. Obvious to me you should not be selling perf parts. Did you read post 62?. Do you not understand pro comps numbering system? Do you understand the difference in valve jobs? There can be a 10-20 cfm difference in them. I understand that it will not be 699. I understand the mix up. Ls5.3 stang got it in his post.

Last edited by S10LSa; 04-10-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lemons12
HR.. Have you read all the posts fully? I don't think you have grasped everything being said.

And for such a tight budget.. How could you afford two sets of heads, flow number money, fluids for the swap, etc?

At what point would you rather spend the same money on some proven used heads?

I fully understand what is being said. I checked UPS the heads are on the truck out for delivery.

As for my budget my budget it tight. And I only ordered one set off heads from ebay. Now that we've come to the conclusion that the heads on ebay are PRO-COMP heads. I didn't need two sets.

If he/she would have said these wasn't pro-comp heads then I would have only ordered one additional head from pro-comp to flow it and take pics of the casting marks etc blah blah. And would have shipped it back for a refund once I was done with it.

Fluids is cheap, no really a big deal I don't sweat the small stuff. I lay bricks and pour drive ways in Tampa for a living. So long story short I have did a lot of work for a guy that owns two performance machine shops in Tampa and another one across the bridge in St. Petersburg. So I get all my engines machined for free and head jobs as well. Because I did him deals on the drive way work.

So the guy told me NOT to name his performance center he doesn't want to **** of his vendor in the event the heads flow better those he is supplied.

However he is going to flow these for me fresh out the box and do a flow graph and print out and then he is going to put a top notch valve job on them and then flow them again and do a graph and print out.

And from there I'll post the results onto here and upload the data.

If my engine was N/A I would fork over the cash for high dollar heads. But I'm boosted on a LM4 4.8 Vortec. I just want something that flows more than my stock LM4's with the valve job thats on there now. I don't mind switching out to these EBAY PRO COMP heads if they do as advertised.

Like I said if these things flow more than out the box 270cfm I am a happy camper. $699.00 thats a win for me... And if they flow 293CFM as advertised then I'll be And if we come up short then my buddy is going go to work on the valve job and back cutting the valves. And we'll learn from there
Old 04-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Subscribed!
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by S10LSa
Davettegirl, what is the name of your performance store? I will be sure to stay away from it when I know the name. Obvious to me you should not be selling perf parts. Did you read post 62?. Do you not understand pro comps numbering system? Do you understand the difference in valve jobs? There can be a 10-20 cfm difference in them. I understand that it will not be 699. I understand the mix up. Ls5.3 stang got it in his post.
I'd be willing to bet my Fiancee knows more about cars than you do. I can ussure you she understands Procomps "numbering system". She had many lengthy conversations with Procomp, trying to get THEIR explanation of why these heads suck. The fact is, these heads should flow the numbers they advertise...The way they come. Now, go put your helmet back on before you cross the road and try not to lick any windows.

Frank
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

I don't understand what the problem is here. The guy is spending his own money to try a set of heads off ebay. It's not anyone else's money nor your time, it's his. So if he's willing to do this then so be it. i'm wanting to see what these heads flow as well. if they dont flow well then it's his problem...he's the one that bought them.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Showvette, I read that u asked how much hp will your motor make .? Ask your girl. I think u guys are making your self look like fools . Jmo
Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I see what your saying here showvette. At the same time.This guy is gonna show everyone what they can do.Same head or not. I think their are lots of folks would like to know if their worth a **** or not. Just let him bolt a set up. If their crap im sure hes gonna tell us about it.. He said their going on the car no delay so by all means it sounds like hes got nothin to lose on this.Hes gonna bolt them on try to blow it up on the rollers and we all gain a little knowledge afterwards. Its what forums like this are all about isent it?

That is a dangerous assumption. Over the years I have seen a LOT of guys blindly defend their mistakes. I don't know this poster not not a personal observation of him but just a common observation of many folks on car forums.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS5.3stang
Showvette, I read that u asked how much hp will your motor make .? Ask your girl. I think u guys are making your self look like fools . Jmo
And that statement just made you look like the biggest one...

Frank
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for this one...lol this thread just made my day. Sounds to me like harshreality IS the ebay seller and is trying to defend, promote, and market his heads here haha jkjk let the man spend HIS money
Old 04-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Staging Lane

My point is crystal clear I have a 4.8 vortec boost I wanted some cheap heads that flow more than my stock 706's. How hard is that understand? Is that too damn hard to believe people are shopping for cheap performance ****? There's a few 1000's companies in the USA importing **** and you just like me are buying it up!

Let's get something clear..... I don't give a DAMN about pro-comp or any other high dollar head company. I'll say it again I'm loyal to my bank account or did you not read that in my previous post. I don't sell **** on feebay/ebay. I make my living breaking my back pulling, pouring and floating concrete in TAMPA/St Pete heat and humidity. Or did you not read that either? I feel every dollar I earn at night.

At the end of the day these head companies and any other business is receiving money NOT giving it away.
And since their not giving away money to customers and people like me. I'm going to spend my money on what I can afford. And if these heads turn out to be a bust then under the band saw they're going. And I'll post pics of the guts.

You didn't chip or contribute any useful information on this so keep quiet and sit on your hands and learn at my expense pumpkin.

Don't let me have to tell you again.

HR

Quick Reply: Ebay heads???