Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting head bolt torquing finishing later?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 03:20 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Starting head bolt torquing finishing later?

Man Today was a crazy day! Cleaning up the bolt holes and block service for a head install takes FOREVER!!!!!!

Anyways I started the driver install Torqued them all in sequence to 22ft\lbs and then did the sharpie horizonal line. Then I started looking for my 3/8 breaker bar...no where to be found. Then I started looking for my 15mm 1/2 socket its no where to be found. ( I think someone barrowed them and did not return them)

So its 12:30 I try the first bolt with a regular 3/8 ratchet.. NOT happening I got it about 3/4 of the way through to vertical... So my question is this Chris (Viseral) is coming over in the morning to help out .

Are the bolts and gasket going to be OK to finish up then? Probably fine but I want to check I'm paranoid as hell. The dealership is two blocks away I can see if they have a new set of bolts. I already have an extra set of metal gaskets I think I can use....

Thanks!

Bobby
Old 04-03-2004, 03:25 AM
I can shift faster than you.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bobby, there is no problem finishing up the final torque sequence in the morning. Everything will be just fine. Good luck!

Jason
Old 04-03-2004, 03:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool maybe I'll have a little more muscle in the morning Or at worse case a breaker bar and a pipe!!!