Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default nitrous

Ok quick question thinking about running some juice... say im pushing 470 to the rear is it safe to run 100 shot of nitrous or would that be to much also.. What about water methonal for n/a setup is it worth it
Old 07-31-2012, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

.....shouldnt this be in oh idk the section labled NITROUS.

imo i wouldnt do it btw, not on stock internals.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usnfenix
.....shouldnt this be in oh idk the section labled NITROUS.

imo i wouldnt do it btw, not on stock internals.
ill post this in the nitrous section ... But this is still kinda realant because it does have to do with engine internals and the way you came off um idk wasnt necessary...
Old 08-01-2012, 02:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Don't get sensitive brah. Was joking with you
Old 08-01-2012, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

And I gave you an answer didn't I?
Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

And I gave you an answer didn't I?
Ha sensitive lol you funny bruh you from the bay?? line that mustang up lets run em.. But if I was going to spray what should I change?? And how much could I spray
Old 08-01-2012, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can't tell if serious comming at me with all this fast and the furious nonsense......and you don't want none of the stang bay boy. To answer your question though it honestly depends on the shot you want to run. Small shots 50 or below you can get away with long as your not stupid with it. Bigger shots if your already pushing over 400 then I would start looking into forged internals, at least a valvetrain and fuel system upgrade. Nothing major like a forged crank (there good up to 1000) but at the very least a fuel system upgrade. Nitrous is a balanced mix and running too little fuel and too much of the bottle will **** away your engine real fast. So again it depends on what your looking for.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Btw what bay is this. There's green bay, San fransico bay, just about every state next to water has one lol. I'm in flordia btw
Old 08-01-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
say im pushing 470 to the rear
and this is your mod list found in another thread.

Bbk ssi intake
K&n cold air intake
Zo6 243 heads with yellow springs
Harplin sharp rocker arms
36lb injectors not installed yet
Bbk longtube headers 2 x pipe true duals
And 373 rear end gears I would like to know
The best cam i can use... And if anyone know how much hp you think i might be pushing to the rear any info help

so no your not pushing 470. not even close. not even 370. would need a monster cam. Brah.
oh and btw you wasted your money on the bbk. ls6 outflows it and if you didnt have an ls6 intake you could have got one here for 300. Brah.

Originally Posted by chevybayboy
Ha sensitive lol you funny bruh you from the bay?? line that mustang up lets run em..
yes a random stranger you met on the internet is more than likely from "da bay".

and the way your car sits with the mods list above the stang would smoke you. hell my wifes lightning would smoke you. so ease back vin diesel and get some more mods. but then im still not in "da bay" or wherever the **** that is so its not like it would matter.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

and this is your mod list found in another thread.

Bbk ssi intake
K&n cold air intake
Zo6 243 heads with yellow springs
Harplin sharp rocker arms
36lb injectors not installed yet
Bbk longtube headers 2 x pipe true duals
And 373 rear end gears I would like to know
The best cam i can use... And if anyone know how much hp you think i might be pushing to the rear any info help

so no your not pushing 470. not even close. not even 370. would need a monster cam. Brah.
oh and btw you wasted your money on the bbk. ls6 outflows it and if you didnt have an ls6 intake you could have got one here for 300. Brah.

yes a random stranger you met on the internet is more than likely from "da bay".

and the way your car sits with the mods list above the stang would smoke you. hell my wifes lightning would smoke you. so ease back vin diesel and get some more mods. but then im still not in "da bay" or wherever the **** that is so its not like it would matter.

Ha dude your crazy lol and yes im talking about California bay..I never said which cam I had I have to torquer v2 my.vavletrain is upz
Graded now as well.. So your saying 370 HP idk about that I seen people do that with just the cam.. and the ls6 flows better then the bbk? I honestly,didnt know that and the only way to see how much HP im pushing is to get.tuned my heads are off looking for someone to do a milling job with bigger valves but I think im pushing over 370 HP... But you think I could get away with a 50 or 75 shot
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yea I have a little suspension work as well
Old 08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can't tell if serious comming at me with all this fast and the furious nonsense......and you don't want none of the stang bay boy. To answer your question though it honestly depends on the shot you want to run. Small shots 50 or below you can get away with long as your not stupid with it. Bigger shots if your already pushing over 400 then I would start looking into forged internals, at least a valvetrain and fuel system upgrade. Nothing major like a forged crank (there good up to 1000) but at the very least a fuel system upgrade. Nitrous is a balanced mix and running too little fuel and too much of the bottle will **** away your engine real fast. So again it depends on what your looking for.
I mean im not looking for to much just a little extra kick if needed
Old 08-01-2012, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and I didnt say da bay I said the bay lol
Old 08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good thread brah!! 🔒
Old 08-01-2012, 02:49 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you have a cam only car basically, you can run a 100 shot or more as long as its set up properly and tuned well. you might want to upgrade to katech rod bolts if you plan on spraying a bunch.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mkvamso
you have a cam only car basically, you can run a 100 shot or more as long as its set up properly and tuned well. you might want to upgrade to katech rod bolts if you plan on spraying a bunch.
Ok coo any suggestions on kit i should look into i prob do 75 shot
Old 08-01-2012, 03:02 PM
8 Second Club

hsw makes nice kits, probably what i would buy. just make sure you buy everything needed for it to be safe. too many people think nitrous is bad because them or someone they knew blew up their **** running a button on their shifter and nothing else. a wet kit from harris comes with pretty much everything you need; botttle, lines solenoids window switch, etc and you could buy a bottle heater, remote bottle opener, micro-controller and everything else you would want.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

hsw makes nice kits, probably what i would buy. just make sure you buy everything needed for it to be safe. too many people think nitrous is bad because them or someone they knew blew up their **** running a button on their shifter and nothing else. a wet kit from harris comes with pretty much everything you need; botttle, lines solenoids window switch, etc and you could buy a bottle heater, remote bottle opener, micro-controller and everything else you would want.

Thanks alot,man im lloking up the katech rod bolts now do i have to pull motor out to install theses?? Or is there any write up on install rod bolts i never messed with bottom end before
Old 08-01-2012, 03:15 PM
8 Second Club

the search button will answer all your questions, and there is a specefic section on nitrous where you could get better info then i could give
Old 08-01-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

the search button will answer all your questions, and there is a specefic section on nitrous where you could get better info then i could give
Thanks for all your help dude