Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Measuring Cam Lift, what am I doing wrong? Please check my math!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hey at least you learned how to find cam lift with a dial indicator. I Hate lairs man. As outkast6991 said, he will get his. That negative energy the seller gave you will find its way back to his *** someday

also the pic in post #9: its easier if you remove the rocker and set the dial indicator directly on the push rod. Just make sure the geometry is correct when you set it up.

Last edited by 3rdCoastPowerSports; 08-08-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 98 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
hey at least you learned how to find cam lift with a dial indicator. I Hate lairs man. As outkast6991 said, he will get his. That negative energy the seller gave you will find its way back to his *** someday

also the pic in post #9: its easier if you remove the rocker and set the dial indicator directly on the push rod. Just make sure the geometry is correct when you set it up.
Yep that pic was my first attempt in the first thread a while back, didn't have a newer pic, but all measurement I describe in this thread was without rocker, and the pin of the dial indicator inside the pushrod hole. And you are right, that was more accurate. It was also easier to "shoot it" aiming straight down the pushrod that way.

Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: Measuring Cam Lift, what am I doing wrong? Please check my math!!