Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the biggest intake manifold, set of heads I can put on my ls1

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the biggest intake manifold, set of heads I can put on my ls1

Im just wondering what is the biggest size intake manifold and set of heads that I can put on my ls1 ive been looking around, but I would just like a little more help/info. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a weird question. Why do you want the biggest? Do you mean highest flowing that doesn't turn it into a no torque whoppee cushion?

Fast 102 on the intake though.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fast 102 is the biggest, listen i will say this,extreme setups cost way more/need every lil supporting mod to make it a runner,you dont need the biggest baddest cam/heads/intake etc with these cars, i have seen some pretty high dollar setups get worked by just a well thought out setup,what are you plans/goals?i assume you already have a cam since your question is just about intake n heads?a fast 102 is a great setup,but pending on goals i might just go with something smaller,imo fast intakes are like one of the last mods you should do,just because a ls6 is that good of an intake for a really good price, is a fast better than a ls6? By far,but not all the time is it worth it
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BOBS99SS is correct, the FAST 102mm is the biggest on the market other than running a carburated intake manifold, but just because its that biggest doesnt mean that your setup requires it. It really depends on what you do with the car, and other supporting modifications.
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 09-30-2012, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

look at some Texas Speed PRC heads ,227 or 225 heads.you can't run too big of valve in a 3.898 bore.

Quick Reply: whats the biggest intake manifold, set of heads I can put on my ls1