Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TSP 421 LQ9 install: Now #1 cylinder connecting rod bolt is hitting the oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This clearly is the aftermarket racing industry and not new car sales. At this point I believe we will have to agree to disagree. Obviously the majority of people have stated they understand the situation, and our policies. We have no shortage on engine purchases, so if you don't want one thats fine we are ok with that its your choice. Once again if you feel like you have something you would like to discuss feel free to call me personally, Im at the shop all day. No reason to continue to trash this thread.

Last edited by Sales1@Texas-speed; 11-16-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LeanPocket
Dropped a valve on a friends c6 z06 powershifting up a on ramp, quickly read up on ls1tech and complained about valve float.. bitched out the CSM at champion toyota.. ordered me a brand new ls7
Point proven. Totally the fault the consumer, yet blames the company.

No PUN intended, but you just categorized yourself as being dishonest
Old 11-16-2012, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

Companies can and do offer warranties on shortblocks... And even replace them at times when not at fault to help a paying customer out.
Should tsp? That's up to them.

My motor had a hell of a warranty (1 year under 800rwhp) on it and i saw another motor replaced last week because of an issue that was not their fault built by the same company.. Its one of two reasons i went with them in my build.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
Point proven. Totally the fault the consumer, yet blames the company.

No PUN intended, but you just categorized yourself as being dishonest
Got a brand new ls7 so im happy
Old 11-16-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Addict

Checking for oil pan clearance has been standard practice even when modding gen1 engines. There is really no excuse for the installer to miss this, then blame someone else. Accept responsibility people.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

You just get the point why TSP states what they do. They would go broke if they replaced every engine that was damaged by the user. Thats not fair to them or future consumers.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redtan
I get that, but like I said it's very vague and it's not written down like a warranty. A warrantly specifically says what it covers, you just verbally saying you stand behind your product is not the same. Not saying I doubt you and what you will do, but if two vendors are trying to sell me an engine and one specifically lists out on a piece of paper what is covered and what is not while the other vendor just tells me that he "stands behind his product" but doesn't say any specifics or gives me any written proof I'm telling you right now that I would never purchase from the second vendor regardless of how much better the deal would be.

What do you think a person shopping for a new car would say when he/she asks the dealership to provide a warranty and the salespeson just says "oh GM doesn't provide an actual written warranty coverage, but trust me they stand behind their product". Do you honestly think anyone would make a major purchase from someone who literally just says that without providing any sort of written guarantee?
ied just say, show me the car fox
Old 11-30-2012, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by badazz81z28
You just get the point why TSP states what they do. They would go broke if they replaced every engine that was damaged by the user. Thats not fair to them or future consumers.
yeah i know why they do what they do, im siding with TSP.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:27 PM
10 Second Club

I can’t believe this thread is still alive. TSP IS NOT AT FAULT YOUR STUPID INSTALLER IS! Get over it you and your trusted mechanic fu-==- up. Deal with your mistake and move on. I have bought tons of parts from TSP and they are always very willing to help with any advice they can. Looks like you fell into the “I’m going to get the biggest and the baddest” without knowing how to get out of your own way.

Sorry for the vent but I’m sick of people trying to blame their mistakes on someone else.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Ted Nelson Customer:But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy Boy:Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

CLASSIC..LOL
Old 11-30-2012, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What goes around comes around, usually in pairs back at you or a family member, when you take advantage of others. Me personally I try to treat people like I want to be treated, with that in mind I sleep great at night.

This is in part what is wrong with this country, no one wants to take responsibility for their stupidity and always wants to blame somebody or some corporation for their stupidity. That is why now McDonalds has to label their coffee cups " hey stupid *** this cup of coffee is hot" I'm surprised they haven't been sued by some dumb *** that caught a cold from drinking coffee that wasn't hot enough.

Last edited by lizeec; 11-30-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by slamminjim
Ted Nelson Customer:But why do they put a guarantee on the box?
Tommy Boy:Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of ****. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

CLASSIC..LOL
I totally wanted to post this!
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 11-30-2012, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by lizeec
What goes around comes around, usually in pairs back at you or a family member, when you take advantage of others. Me personally I try to treat people like I want to be treated, with that in mind I sleep great at night.

This is in part what is wrong with this country, no one wants to take responsibility for their stupidity and always wants to blame somebody or some corporation for their stupidity. That is why now McDonalds has to label their coffee cups " hey stupid *** this cup of coffee is hot" I'm surprised they haven't been sued by some dumb *** that caught a cold from drinking coffee that wasn't hot enough.
Yup....look at all the crazy law suits out there...It always someone elses fault.

"They made me get the tripple Whopper w/cheese" thats why I'm fat!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Little common sense goes a long way. The stock pan has a bubble for the stock 3.622 stroke. Nobody with half a brain is going to slap a pan on with a 4.125" stroke without checking.

IMO this all goes back to schools and their "give a man a fish" way of doing things. Reasoning skills are dying at an alarming rate.

Again the stock pan had a clearance bubble for the stock much shorter stroke that should be the end of the whole discussion right there.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 PM
TECH Regular

Default Bad Luck

To the OP. I have no idea who you had to complete the install. But after reading you post, it is d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y apparent that they were net well versed in installing and checking required items for very common modification's to any engine. I would suggest that in the future, you find a more educated facility to work on your vechicle. With that said, IMO the installer is 100% at fault and not TSP.

I have never purchased a single item from TSP but I have spoken with them on multiple occasions for technical recomendation on my future build. Their customer support is top notch IMO.

Good luck with getting everything worked out.

Quick Reply: New TSP 421 LQ9 install: Now #1 cylinder connecting rod bolt is hitting the oil pan