Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Javier! Looks good!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

I was planning on reusing my lifters. I was on the ws6store's website to get lifter trays and a timing cover gasket. I went ahead and bought the ls7 lifters as well. I may put together a list when I'm done of all the extras I wasn't counting on. I see a lot of threads that say what else do I need. It's easy to think of the big things heads, cam, lifters. Then there's gaskets, oil pump, chain, spark plug wires, push rod length, socket swivels and reducers, engine lube for initial install, rtv sealant, thread lock and I'm sure stuff I'm forgetting but will need. I keep getting to a point with parts where I say I've got this much money in parts I don't want a weak link in the build, so I go ahead and get iridium plugs or new lifters or new oil pump and so on. It adds up quickly.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Staging Lane

I was finally able to get working on the car again this weekend with weather above 30 degrees. I got the crank pulley on, I could only torque it somewhere above 150ftlbs. My torque wrench only goes that high, so I just torqued on it as hard as I could. I tightened up the timing cover and moved on to the lifters and trays. I went ahead and got my rockers ready for the trunnion upgrade.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a...pse5a2f1db.jpg
Old 02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Staging Lane

I swapped my coolant plug over to the new head and began to put them on, only to realize I had to remove the coolant plug to get an ARP bolt to slide in on the passenger side. I went ahead and finger tightened all the bolts and will torque them next time I'm out.
http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps03c8088c.jpg
Old 03-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

I got the heads torqued down properly with my arp bolts. I went ahead and got the radiator back in along with the water pump. I'm pretty sure one of the bolts that holds the alternator on is stripped inside the head. I didn't thread it all the way to avoid causing more damage. I gave it a good shake with the two bolts that are secure and it doesn't budge. So I'll have to keep a close eye on it. My headers (coated pacesetters) and ls6 intake are in and I hope to put them on this weekend with pics. The only thing I have left to get is a catted Y. If I get it together this weekend, temptation will get the best of me and I will fire it up with open headers!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by duweller
I was planning on reusing my lifters. I was on the ws6store's website to get lifter trays and a timing cover gasket. I went ahead and bought the ls7 lifters as well. I may put together a list when I'm done of all the extras I wasn't counting on. I see a lot of threads that say what else do I need. It's easy to think of the big things heads, cam, lifters. Then there's gaskets, oil pump, chain, spark plug wires, push rod length, socket swivels and reducers, engine lube for initial install, rtv sealant, thread lock and I'm sure stuff I'm forgetting but will need. I keep getting to a point with parts where I say I've got this much money in parts I don't want a weak link in the build, so I go ahead and get iridium plugs or new lifters or new oil pump and so on. It adds up quickly.
I was going to add that I wouldn't skimp on the lifters but then I see you bought them. Good job. Nice progress.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

I got the headers on. It wasn't too bad. I had to remove
The steering shaft for the drivers side other than that they went in fairly smooth. I got those torqued down and the intake on. Hooked up all the injectors and harnesses. I went ahead and started it. Loud as hell with open headers. But it actually didn't idle too bad. I was expecting a huge lope with no tune but it wasn't that bad. I have a 15 second video I'll try to upload. I'll have the Catted y on this week and will send another vid. Hopefully I'll have it tuned by the end of April and I will post dyno numbers.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice!! I can't wait to finally see a vid as well as dyno numbers
Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 AM
Staging Lane

This was a short clip I was able to take on my cell phone last weekend when I started it up for the first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3e_h...ature=youtu.be
Old 04-17-2013, 06:25 AM
Staging Lane

I talked with the guy that will be tuning my car and he said I'll probably max out the stock injectors. So I have 42lb bosch injectors on the way. Hoping to have it tuned Friday after work. I will post numbers.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds sick!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM
Launching!

Sounds good! Im in for some results...
Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM
TECH Resident

in to see your hard work pay off
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Teching In

i would like to know dyno # once dynotune
Old 04-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Staging Lane

All right the dyno tune is done and I'm finally done for awhile. Looking back at the build I'm happy with how everything went. I just wanted a fast street car that could run with new camaros and mustangs and still be able to have a conversation in the car. The only 2 things that I want to get ironed out are the steering. Some how I have about an inch of slop in it since I had to take off the steering knuckle to get the driver header in. The other being a slight exhaust like tick that seems to come from under the car. If it bothers me down the road I may post a vid on here with the noise. I read a few threads. Some say it's just long tubes. Nothing from the engine bay just under the car. I was really happy with my dyno numbers considering the exhaust I'm running. I have the tsp catted y into a 3in into a magnaflow single in double out. The tuner made me feel good. He said it was one of the quietest ls1's he's tuned and was deceiving given the power it made.
This was done on a dyno jet.
Attached Thumbnails My Heads/Cam build-photo-18-.jpg  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

sweet. tq curve looks good
Old 04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks. I am more than happy with it.

Quick Reply: My Heads/Cam build