Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.7 aluminum or 6.0 Iron

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

I went from an ls1 swap to lq4 and the diff in weight was hardly noticeable..th car felt slightly more stable at higher speed actually and more predictable.

But id vote to just have the ls1 bottom end checked out first before buying either engine and then weigh your options.You might just need a decent refresh of the ls1 and stick it back in the whole.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
I like the setup above,on the cheaper end,makes decent power and is all around great for a street car,we really have alot of budget friendly options,imo i would go with a 408,but it really depends on what ya wanna sspend and if ya wanna stay n/a,and its worth to do it right the first time,it will just save money n time n the long run,keep us posted on what ya decide to go with

The 370 L92 setup is what my locqal machine shop told me to do. That looks like a nasty setup their. I like it. I cant make this happen over nite or anything but here shortly im gonna pick a direction and go for it. That is tempting
Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
This sounds legit but on a 77,000 mile engine? Although i can see that makeing this type of noise and going away
depends on the oil you have been using and the abuse the engine has been through. im not blaming you at all for what has happened to your motor. but then again lemons drop at anytime no matter how long they have been out.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by anheuserbusch08
depends on the oil you have been using and the abuse the engine has been through. im not blaming you at all for what has happened to your motor. but then again lemons drop at anytime no matter how long they have been out.
As for oil. Ive tryed a few diffrent types since the noise started but before the noise it always had 5w30 in it. Car wasent abused much before i got it but it has been to the track for a tesat n tune nite about 5 times. I did have the clutch pedal stick on me one good time goin for second and nailed the crap outta the limiter @6600. Now that i think about it this may have started about that time or shortly after. So it may indeed be my fault. But before i owned it my dad bought the car new and it had only been to the track once. I bought it with 61,000 on it and the cam went in at about 65,000. The heads where gone threw and new lifters at 76,000 whick leaves me at 77k with this noise.

Quick Reply: 5.7 aluminum or 6.0 Iron