Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is this weird substance under my oil fill cap ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't panic lol. I have seen the inside of rocker covers coated thick with it.

Any car engine will have that happen if it is constantly doing short trips, the condensation will not disperse until it is running at a proper operating temp.
If you are doing short trips during the week, take it for a good cruise on the w-ends or buy a ******* for a daily.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your PCV system isn't functioning it will lead to extra condensation in the crankcase. The PCV system is designed to help rid the cranckcase of this condensation.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by VandykeT/A
The car only dyno'd 452/388 but it wasn't exactly dealt a good hand. It was 98 degrees in the dyno room, single 3" exhaust with 2.25 tail pipes, 4.10s, and 315s out back and a possible fuel pedal issue at the time. The best pass its ever made was 11.66 @ 120 with a broken valve spring on a 1.71 60 not to mention the DA is usually 3-5k feet. After we fixed the valve spring it went 11.70 at almost 122 with a 1.89 60. I know my car seems full of excuses but its true lol. When the track opens back up hopefully I'll crack 10.90s since I've got a Chrs1313 set up and some skinnys and new Hoosiers for the back. The DA and traction is killing it.
man, that exhaust was killing you, but i'm betting that thing pulls like crazy once you get the rpm's up......you should see 10's soon

Originally Posted by ls1 1990 VN
Don't panic lol. I have seen the inside of rocker covers coated thick with it.

Any car engine will have that happen if it is constantly doing short trips, the condensation will not disperse until it is running at a proper operating temp.
If you are doing short trips during the week, take it for a good cruise on the w-ends or buy a ******* for a daily.
there's definitely a daily ******* in my future, lol......i'm looking for an S10 or Sonoma so I park the Camaro till the weekends

Quick Reply: what is this weird substance under my oil fill cap ???