Sponsored by:

F body camaro 99 flywheel weight

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F body camaro 99 flywheel weight

Ok. I have question and a problem at the same time ,
Question, I have camaro 99 I wanna know what is the weight of the flywheel of the stock camaro .
Problem is that I got new clutch and when I put it in the top of the flywheel there is small gap between the clutch and the flywheel .
And if that is the problem then im going to have a new clutch Monster Clutch - Level 3 Package is there any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

not sure what the weight of the flywheel has to do with that. are you saying theres space between the clutch disk and the flywheel with the pressure plate bolted up?
Old 01-08-2013, 02:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the disk backwards? That would keep it from sitting flush on the flywheel. I agree the weight of the flywheel doesn't hold value to your question.

Now if you are referring to a gap between the pressure plate and the flywheel, how big is the gap? Is there a gap where the bolts are?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Uhhh, I may be wrong but doesn't the pressure plate need to be tightened down with the bolts to "preload" the clutch?
Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Not to be a dick by any means, but if you were to post this in the Manual Transmission section of the forum you'll probably get way more info and responses.

Try google'ing the flywheel weight. I've found it before using google, I can't recall what it is though. Good luck with your issue.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nomasterase
not sure what the weight of the flywheel has to do with that. are you saying theres space between the clutch disk and the flywheel with the pressure plate bolted up?

forget about the weight I found the answer of the question but the problem the clutch isn't straight so I'll ship the clutch back to summit and ill get a new one the monster from texas speed performance level 3

Quick Reply: F body camaro 99 flywheel weight