Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cam from ESP sound clip....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 04:12 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
No its not. Car sounds and looks good, btw.

Shawn
Shawn, stop telling everybody that. I've seen you deny how big the G5X3 is over a half dozen times now. Yes, the G5X3 is around that size. It is BIGGER than the G5X2, which is already a 232/240. What what would that make the X3 Shawn? We've already had a local shop doctor one. No offense bro but thats passing around false information for some untold reason, maybe to make the cam look better? If someone has told you that the G5X3 isn't that size, well then they lied to you for whatever reason.

Sorry to hijack the thread...Car sounds great. Hopefully you've got a cutout to bypass that horrible flowing muffler
Old 04-20-2004, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Damian
Shawn, stop telling everybody that. I've seen you deny how big the G5X3 is over a half dozen times now. Yes, the G5X3 is around that size. It is BIGGER than the G5X2, which is already a 232/240. What what would that make the X3 Shawn? We've already had a local shop doctor one. No offense bro but thats passing around false information for some untold reason, maybe to make the cam look better? If someone has told you that the G5X3 isn't that size, well then they lied to you for whatever reason.

Sorry to hijack the thread...Car sounds great. Hopefully you've got a cutout to bypass that horrible flowing muffler
From what I've seen him post, he hasn't passed any false info. The numbers are NOT what the guy mentioned. Maybe they might be close, but high this and low that leaves alot to the imagination. No one is spreading false info to help anyone. Hell, I don't even own that cam anymore, but I do know the specs on it. Maybe someone doctored yours wrong or it was miss ground? The X-3 is hardly diffrent from the X-2. You could say it has just been working out a little.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Beast, first off the cam is not mine. Cam's that size are retarded IMO ...I am well aware of the G5X3 specs, and YES they are close to 230ish/240ish. Actually, if you wanna get technical it's about 2 degrees bigger on both sides than the X2. I'm constantly seeing Shawn tell people it's not that big, when in fact it is.

Nobody doctor'd anything wrong. This shop has been around 20+ yrs, I just happen to be at the right place at the right time to watch the show
Old 04-20-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your right on the money, but it was said that the specs were"high 230's, low 240's". That's not the case. Like I said. Lots are left to the imagination when you start talking highs, lows, this'ish, that'ish.
Old 04-21-2004, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2MCHPWR
sean. i love it! which flowmaster system do you have? 3 inch?
if so, please just add a cutout for $30. i know you like the sound, but you can keep it corked while on the street and uncap it for the track.

Ya Scott it is the 3", I don't know though not a huge fan of the cutout>>>>>

Thxs Beast not trying to spread any mis-information here and if ya read on damian I do go on and say that my cam is similiar and a bit bigger. No reference to the X-3 being small or anything...lol

Last edited by SPRSPT; 04-21-2004 at 06:15 PM.

Quick Reply: New Cam from ESP sound clip....