Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 02-14-2013, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Phil and Ron were great to me. Way before the sale and after it as well.

Sorry OP is not happy and it didn't work out the way he planned.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads came in today!

Ordered heads from vengeance racing on the 13th. Powder metal guides installed and upgraded springs. 2 weeks:

Everything ended up good. Great guys over there at Vengeance, I look forward to doing more business with them. Thanks Ryan!

You can lock the thread if you wish.

Thanks.

Last edited by tweakgames; 02-27-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep the heads bagged up until ready for a final clean prior to inspection and/or assembly. Laying them on the carpet is not good for cleanliness.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ironmanLS1
Keep the heads bagged up until ready for a final clean prior to inspection and/or assembly. Laying them on the carpet is not good for cleanliness.
Yeup, they have already been wiped down and put in the garage. Getting installed this weekend I think.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tweakgames
Heads came in today!

Ordered heads from vengeance racing on the 13th. Powder metal guides installed and upgraded springs. 2 weeks:

Everything ended up good. Great guys over there at Vengeance, I look forward to doing more business with them. Thanks Ryan!

You can lock the thread if you wish.

Thanks.
Glad we could help!! Thank you for your business sir, and let me know how the car does! Send pics and videos whenever you get some together or post them on our FaceBook! Thanks again!

Last edited by David@Vengeance; 02-28-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ironmanLS1
Carpet is nothing, half the heads I see for sale are laying face down on concrete
Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 895 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Carpet is nothing, half the heads I see for sale are laying face down on concrete

Or on a tail gate.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would have cancelled too....just too much nonsense going on.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prepaying will always **** you over............Ask me how I know..
Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Ahhhhh, this thread is the exact reason I didn't get involved in this business. Too many hopelessly clueless punks that believe themselves vindicated by crying wolf over issues that in the end are nothing but little boy antics to get some attention.
I agree with Phil, better withdraw to greener pastures.

x2. There's more truth to this statement then I think many on here care to openly admit. Nothing against the OP as it sounds like he just got alittle too impatient, but this place seems to be loaded with a number of people who do fall into this category; one reason I've never cared to venture into the off-topic sections in the almost 9yrs since I've been here. Maybe it's just the nature of alot of car guys nowdays. Then again when a majority of customers are only able to put a partial deposit on a ~$1500-2000 set of cylinder heads instead of the full amount, you know they're stretching their budget thin and it becomes a breeding ground for these types of instances to develop. I've noticed this with just about every niche shop in this business. Hell, one of the best Ford engine builders in the U.S. gets 90% of his business via financing.

I too had to wait for my AI heads, but it was well worth it, and Phil always addressed my (hair-splitting) questions directly. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Jason
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro99SS
x2. There's more truth to this statement then I think many on here care to openly admit. Nothing against the OP as it sounds like he just got alittle too impatient, but this place seems to be loaded with a number of people who do fall into this category; one reason I've never cared to venture into the off-topic sections in the almost 9yrs since I've been here. Maybe it's just the nature of alot of car guys nowdays. Then again when a majority of customers are only able to put a partial deposit on a ~$1500-2000 set of cylinder heads instead of the full amount, you know they're stretching their budget thin and it becomes a breeding ground for these types of instances to develop. I've noticed this with just about every niche shop in this business. Hell, one of the best Ford engine builders in the U.S. gets 90% of his business via financing.

I too had to wait for my AI heads, but it was well worth it, and Phil always addressed my (hair-splitting) questions directly. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.

Jason
couldn't have said it better myself.....ive had nothing but good luck with phil and ron, can it take some time for one off machine work and cams? yes.....but rome was't built in a day man, if you want a cookie cutter shelf item hit google theres plenty of that crap to go around, me, id rather wait and get the best i can find...my AI top end LT1 runs better than half the cookie cutter LSx junk out there all day

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction unresponsive?