Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Advanced Induction unresponsive?

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but has anybody else been able to a response from advanced induction lately?

At first I was talking to Phil, then Ron (operations manager), then Phil again after Ron didn't know they were out of cams. Not sure if he got fired or what is going on over there.

Paid the required %50 down ($1600) to get my spot in line December 5th, then paid the other half January 16th after I got a reminder email. We didn't need to wait for heads to ship to him or anything because I bought new ones directly from him.

I have already asked for updates over e-mail, was just wondering if anybody else is experiencing this with them? Makes me twitchy having no money and nothing shiny to look at.
Old 02-08-2013, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

When i ordered mine, i had to wait for email responses like you. It was a pain but the product turned out great. It would be better if you could call.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Alright, I guess I will keep waiting. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they mite be supper busy ,alot of people are probably spending their tax returns on new heads .
Old 02-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

They went dark sometime around Christmas and haven't really resurfaced. And I was very interested in their product.

I went with TEA because I didn't have LS2 cores and wanted ported 243s (something Ai didn't have anymore, but I was willing to do the 5.3L heads). That and TEA has been very responsive and Mike is great to talk with. Makes me feel better about the purchase.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

This is terrible to hear. In the past I have seen nothing but good things on here about them
Old 02-08-2013, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 894 Likes on 636 Posts

That's strange to hear. Maybe they are just busy. I haven't seen them on here much lately.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I wouldn't worry. I have dealt with them frequently and it was always a wait for a response.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Launching!

I bought some AI heads off a member on here. I just got them today. CNC 226 milled 63 cc. They look badass. I emailed AI in past and they have always gotten back. I bet they are swamped like stated above. Just be patient and you will be happy when you get your heads
Old 02-09-2013, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Just be patient...they're busy I'm sure. Always come through though don't worry!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

Be Patient my ***. Almost a month with no response with them and they have 3200 of your money. I would be mad. When you hand a company 3200 I dont care how busy they are they should at least keep you updated.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ds98formula
Be Patient my ***. Almost a month with no response with them and they have 3200 of your money. I would be mad. When you hand a company 3200 I dont care how busy they are they should at least keep you updated.
That's one thing I'm leary about. No matter how reputable the company or the shop is to everyone, I'll never be willing to put down that much money for something that is not tangible or not made yet. That $hit better be ready to be shipped and have legit shipping confirmation/tracking number on hand first then I give the shop the money.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That's funny because I e-mailed them earlier this week and Phill got back to me within a day. I then replied back to him, and again, he promptly returned my e-mail.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
That's funny because I e-mailed them earlier this week and Phill got back to me within a day. I then replied back to him, and again, he promptly returned my e-mail.
I did as well last week...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

spam filter issue??????????????
Old 02-09-2013, 12:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Doesn't anyone pick up the phone and call anymore?
Old 02-09-2013, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats unacceptable reguardless of how he's tried to contact them. If someone pays that much money for a service they should atleast have someone answering emails and calls in a timely manner. I never had this problem with Lloyd.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I emailed them back in sept or oct. I just wanted a 241 performance rebuild on a set of heads I wanted to send up their. Couldn't wait any longer. Had them done locally and never did get a response. No big deal though. To many other cylinder head company's that will pick up the phone when I call If it were a race car I woulda sent again but this is just a dd weekend car. It just wasent worth the hassle.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
If you go to their website http://www.advancedinduction.com/, this is the first message you see on their home page:

1-7-12: Phone Calls
We have been completely overwhelmed by the volume of calls and emails we are receiving. I apologize for any delays, but in the immediate future I am going to have to stick to email only whenever possible. As a small specialty shop, this is the only way I can continue to be involved in machining & QC, and ensure our customers receive the professional competition level of machining, consistency, and QC we're known for. Thanks again! -Phil
FWIW, I had been e-mailing with them all last week and then they went dark for a few days. Phil just got back to me last night. My guess is that they are just swamped with work. Not a bad problem for them to have.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by garygnu
they mite be supper busy ,alot of people are probably spending their tax returns on new heads .
As I said in my first post, I paid him before the government accepted tax returns.

Originally Posted by bene
That's one thing I'm leary about. No matter how reputable the company or the shop is to everyone, I'll never be willing to put down that much money for something that is not tangible or not made yet. That $hit better be ready to be shipped and have legit shipping confirmation/tracking number on hand first then I give the shop the money.
Yeah, agree sadly enough, this has really got under my skin.

Originally Posted by muttstang
I did as well last week...

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
spam filter issue??????????????
No I have spoke with him before, good idea though.

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
On their website it only lists a phone number for voicemail and texts, not to talk to them. Leaving a message or texting I assume is the same as an email sitting in his inbox.

Originally Posted by BLK95-Z
Thats unacceptable reguardless of how he's tried to contact them. If someone pays that much money for a service they should atleast have someone answering emails and calls in a timely manner. I never had this problem with Lloyd.
I agree.

Originally Posted by BKsNHRA
I emailed them back in sept or oct. I just wanted a 241 performance rebuild on a set of heads I wanted to send up their. Couldn't wait any longer. Had them done locally and never did get a response. No big deal though. To many other cylinder head company's that will pick up the phone when I call If it were a race car I woulda sent again but this is just a dd weekend car. It just wasent worth the hassle.
At this point I wish really wish I would have went with another company. People keep saying it's worth it, but it's really going to have to wow me to get over all this hassle.

Update: I received an e-mail back from Phil. (Unsure if because of this thread or what.)

So, unless I read this incorrectly, (if so many someone could clarify) it sounds like there is no reason to do the first %50 deposit. If you do, you just give them a $1600 interest free loan until everything is paid off completely. Then 3 weeks later he actually starts getting the parts ordered and ready.

Timeline:

-Dec 5th: 1st %50 Payment $1600 (66 days ago)

-Jan 16: 2nd %50 Payment (24 days ago)

- Jan 17: Ron says will be wrapped up next week. (23 days ago)

- Jan 24: Requested another status update (16 days ago)

- Jan 28: "Scheduled time to wrap things up this coming week" " Ron was unaware I did not have the cam inbound" "I anticipate ~5days until I have a cam in hand to QC, at which point you’ll have 4-5days shipping typically. Will email w/ update; thanks!" (12 days ago)

- Feb 6: 3 weeks since the final payment now, any updates? (Starting to get really pissed at this point.)

- Feb 8: "Mike,
The cam is in an order that I’m told shipped this week. Heads are done, intended to ship complete after I could QC the cam. I can send heads and the rest of the parts later if you like. Sorry to make you wait, but the schedule is where if you make a deposit, I set the parts etc. aside for the job and do basic work. When the balance is paid the job is scheduled ASAP based on paid in full date, and any custom part for the job is ordered (typically a cam or rocker system). Normally I am able to do finish work in a week or two at that point, and cams tend to take a couple weeks to get in hand. It can be a couple days before I am able to QC it since I measure every cam including duplicates. Let me know if you want me to send just the heads Monday, and I will measure the cam as soon as it shows up. Thanks!

-phil"

So it looks like, about 2 more weeks before everything is done. Around 2 and a half months from initial payment that I guess is nothing but a loan, and a MONTH and a week after getting the final payment.

Am I crazy, or is this ridiculous? Nothing but the payments was my responsibility. Like I said earlier, I purchased brand new heads from him to have ported, there is nothing that I could do to cause a delay, especially after the final payment.

I don't know what to do in this situation, any recommendations? In his last email he said he would ship everything but the cam, but I am pretty sure it's much easier to install the cam without the heads on?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Advanced Induction unresponsive?