Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 not making power

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked fuel pressure? Haven't followed the post, not sure if anyone asked. A low amount of volume will cause backfiring and can throw a code. Maybe knock sensors are detecting that detonation.
Old 05-11-2013, 05:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by peteggl
did you not read my post? my car is fixed....and good insults good luck with your blown engine
What post? Your last post was:

you're still missing the part where all the sensors and wires have been replaced I believe please tell me more stuff that doesn't matter my knock sensors are now tuned out so please stop clinging to that, the car still makes no power
this forum actually recommended my tuner as one of the best, I've givin you absolutely every bit of information you have asked for, you on the other hand have not shown me one instance of not running knock sensors blowing up an engine, my lack of knowledge has fixed my car, your lack have knowledge hasn't done **** for me
If your tuner can't figure out why the car isn't working right, he's an incompetent idiot and has NO BUSINESS tuning cars. Deleting the knock sensors only helps validate that. I don't care who recommended him. Finally, why would I attempt to explain to you about these worthless knock sensors... You don't even know where to locate a MAF or O2 sensor on your car!!
Old 05-11-2013, 06:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

did you not read my post? my car is fixed....and good insults good luck with your blown engine
You really have a shitty attitude bro. Your car is still trapping 37mph so I wouldnt call it fixed.

Second why should we have to prove anything to you? If you wanna blow it up go ahead. There's plenty of instances where excess timing in the tune posed a threat luckily the knock sensors were there to retard it to PREVENT damage. No one is really going to have a case where they blew up an engine because no ones stupid enough to tune them out on a 400 hp muscle car running 10.5:1 compression. Instead you should look for cases where knock sensors pulled timing on an engine to SAVE it.

Its not rocket science that 40 years ago when they had muscle cars running high compression regular fuel was 94 octane and premium was around 102. Between then and now cars didnt have anywhere close to 10:1 compression over the years. Not to mention over those years cars were so choked out with emissions cams and heads that you probably couldn't advance timing enough to cause damage if you wanted to. Fast forward to today and you routinely have cars pushing 10:1 or even 11:1 running pump gas. Ya I definitely want some buffer in there. Aluminum heads help to a certain degree but not much and they are much more delicate to detonation than their iron counterparts.

On another note I hope you did take the guys advice above me and use a mechanical gauge to check you see 58psi of fuel pressure under loaded WOT as this will cause issues as you describe.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if your car is actually fixed from what I've seen and I'm sure everyone else will agree it had nothing to do with YOUR knowledge, and as far as me having a blown engine, won't be happening, and if it does it will most likely have nothing to do with hawks working on it, bash em all you want, hell if your car is so awesome and your tuner is so amazing go run some of hawks "shitty" cars with "blown engines" shoule be no problem right? I promise kid you'll get embarrassed, for someone who came here for help you sure as hell have a horrible attitude toward the people who tried to help you.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't get some people... They come to a forum with a problem and when people try and help, they get nothing but insults. Its funny to me cuz I learned most of my mechanic abilities from guys that can read a sparkplug like a book and who can tune an old quadrajet carb perfectly which is not an exceptionally easy task. I could put my uncle next to a motor and he could tell you what is wrong with it just by listening to it. Computers makes things so easy these days... Everyone can tune a car... Evey guy that can put a K&N fipk or a bolt on catback on their car thinks they are a mechanic. Its ridiculous really. Oh well. Good luck op.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe you need to reread the thread. Where people tried to help him and he kept coming back without testing those things and insulting us all while not following our advice. That's true arrogance, and also just because computers control cars doesn't make them any easier.

I invite you to look at hptuners sometime and see what it looks like to tune an LS engine it's definitely not easy and the codes dont always tell you what's wrong in a car.

I'd rather work on my 66 any day of the week in my sig. A monkey could do that it's either fuel air or spark and in an old car there's only a few components in each. Working on a new car is no where near as easy
Old 05-12-2013, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea I use hptuners for my cars. The most complex one was my cobalt SS turbo. Direct injection, injector pump pressure ramping, variable valve timing... **** was ridiculous. The LS motors are cake compared to the LNF.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

I answered every question anyone asked me up until people started insulting me because I've never worked on an ls1 f body before, and I can guarantee I will not ever come back on this site for help again
Old 05-12-2013, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

See ya
Old 05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
TECH Veteran

good luck
Old 05-12-2013, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I answered every question anyone asked me up until people started insulting me because I've never worked on an ls1 f body before, and I can guarantee I will not ever come back on this site for help again
Well dude, people tried to help. You were trolling your own thread being a douche. If you want people to feel sorry for you perhaps you should try a different forum... Cuz I'm pretty sure no one here will.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Well dude, people tried to help. You were trolling your own thread being a douche. If you want people to feel sorry for you perhaps you should try a different forum... Cuz I'm pretty sure no one here will.
want to explain what I did? I'd love to know
Old 05-12-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read the thread again. If you can't find it yourself no one will be able to point it out for you. Hopefully you get everything working right. I know how it goes when something breaks... Especially if it is internals. Have you ever pulled the head off a 8.7L straight 6 diesel because it dropped a valve half way through harvest in the middle of a wheat field? Probably not. Motors are tough sometimes. You will learn humility one way or the other. If I were you, when you post up to ask people for help who have had these issues before or know how to help with these issues, don't act all defensive like a 4 year old. A lot of guys on here have a lot of good experience with engines in general. They have made mistakes before and when they say something, many of them don't want it thrown back in their face. If someone throws you a bone... We don't want to know how it tastes. We aren't there to diagnose something so when we ask you "hey have you tried this or that" we need to know so we can help.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

my car has the exact same problem although it gets hung up around 4k what ended up being the problem???
Old 08-25-2015, 09:09 AM
TECH Addict

I can guarantee I will not ever come back on this site for help again

^ LIAR!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Teching In

So what ever became of the problem? What was the fix if it was fixed? I'm having same problem too..

Quick Reply: LS1 not making power