Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i probably did something wrong....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i probably did something wrong....

ok so i just finished installing a brute speed blower cam in my car. new springs and pushrods along with the tru union upgrade. also painted the intake for the hell of it. anyways did a quick crank with the coil packs unhooked. must of nicked a injector o-ring made a mess. (so much for the paint on the intake) fixed that and went to fire her up. she starts and runs a few seconds (just enough to see oil pressure go up) stalls out and the security light is on. i only mention the light because im not sure if that cuts fuel. wait for light to go out and try again. same result.

realize the light keeps comimg on because of my alarm (i think) so i fix that and try again. no light but no start. just cranks every few revolutions it sounds like it wants to fire up but no go.

suggestions?...

i havent messed with it yet. decided i didnt have the patience at that moment. electrical fuel gauge shows fuel pressure. around 80 drops to 60 when cranking.

oh car is a 02 t/a stock except cam and a d1sc (and supporting stuff)

Last edited by luna123black; 05-03-2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: because i suck at spelling.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bigger injectors might be fouling it out being untuned.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

sorry should have been more specific. the pro charger and all the supporting mods were done over a year ago. and the car was tuned and ran fine. the only new things are the cam and valve train.

all it does is crank. no back fires or anything like that. ill check it again in a bit. maybe ill get lucky haha.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

OK so I just went to look at it hoping my luck has changed and everything I touch would turn to gold and do as I command.....that didn't work so after checking all the connectors and for spark I grabbed a can of starting fluid and she fired right up. Still won't stay running but looks like a fuel problem.

So unless any one has other suggestions (besides saying screw it and getting drunk) I'll pull the injectors tomorrow and start their.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pump whine with turn of the key?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Yea pump comes on. And fuel comes out of the Schrader valve. And gauge reads 60 psi well cranking.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 PM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

You said you had fuel spray everywhere? Is it still leaking out there?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

No it was one of the o-rings for the injectors. I fixed that before I started it. However it did spray on the intake that was freshly painted and dissolved a bit of paint. I'm thinking its unlikely but possible that some of that paint got on the injectors and clogged it up?
Old 05-04-2013, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

So I pulled all the injectors and double check them. Reinstalled and same result. Started for about 30 seconds barley ideling. Then stalled. Starts and runs fine as long as I'm spraying starting fluid.
Where does the injector harness lead to? Could I have possibly knocked a plug loose when I put the intake back on?

Quick Reply: i probably did something wrong....