Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 and Tac system issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 and Tac system issues

Hello I have a 98 corvette in which uses the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. I currently have a LS7 swap going in and am having a hard time finding a throttle body that is flanged LS7 but works with the corvettes TAC! Does anyone make such a throttle body? Thank you.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 90mm LS1/LS6 4 bolt throttle body

We have one available:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...=#.UaI9B9KsiSo

I think we give a core credit for the return of the stock throttle body so that is part of why the cost is so high (new replacement throttle bodies are around $450 now).

Originally Posted by FreshDA9
Hello I have a 98 corvette in which uses the Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) system. I currently have a LS7 swap going in and am having a hard time finding a throttle body that is flanged LS7 but works with the corvettes TAC! Does anyone make such a throttle body? Thank you.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you Jason,

quick question its labeled as LS1,LS6 but it does look like a LS7 flange. Just wont to be positive that its for a LS7.

So if i was to send the core return are you saying the core is $450 return when sent back to you?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by Jason Haines @ LPE
We have one available:

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...=#.UaI9B9KsiSo

I think we give a core credit for the return of the stock throttle body so that is part of why the cost is so high (new replacement throttle bodies are around $450 now).
Old 05-28-2013, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 90mm throttle and core credit error

My mistake on this. Due to the problems of having to test to make sure the cores we get back are fully functional/working cores, we don't take a core return on these. My mistake.

Originally Posted by FreshDA9
Thank you Jason,

quick question its labeled as LS1,LS6 but it does look like a LS7 flange. Just wont to be positive that its for a LS7.

So if i was to send the core return are you saying the core is $450 return when sent back to you?

Thank you!

Quick Reply: LS7 and Tac system issues