Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth, Loudmouth 2 or GMMG muffler. HELP for 2001 WS6........

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Loudmouth, Loudmouth 2 or GMMG muffler. HELP for 2001 WS6........

Hey everyone, I need some help on selecting the right Muffler for my car. I have a 2001 WS6 and am in need of a new Muffler ( asap ). I am stuck between the SLP Loudmouth 1, Loudmouth 2 and GMMG . I went to LS1sounds.com and listened to various setups, and from what I heard, I have narrowed it down between these three. Everything on my car is Stock since it was bought back in 2001. And if it changes anything, I have 3.5 inch by 1.5 inch exhast tips . I want a deep and loud sound, bout NOT a poppy/backfire type sound. Anyways, I appreciate everyones help in helping me decide which Muffler to go with.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Since it's stock a LM1 might sound pretty damn good actually. It's when you get into a ORY and headers that it gets bad lol
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

I loved the sound of my LM1 when my car was stock.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

I'm going to vote for the GMMG over either of the LMs, it's the best sounding F-body exhaust short of going true duals IMO.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:08 PM
Launching!

Went through all of this thought and research on my 02 ws6 last month. Decided to do it right the first time. Long tube headers to x pipe true duals to flowmaster super 10 one chambers. I can't stop going outside to start the car since I finished it a few days ago. At one point I was going to get a loudmouth, then a gmmg, finally took the collective wisdom on this board and went with what I did. Sounds like the car I have always dreamed of having. Just do it. If it ends up being too much when I cam it around Christmas ill throw magnaflow bullets on instead but right now it's absolutely perfect if you can put up with the drone of dumped true duals in exchange for a symphony of ls1 sounds at start up, idle, around town, and OMG WOT is insane.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a big fan of dynomax bullets, but I've never ran one in a single muffler setup. My current setup is longtubes, h-pipe, true duals (2.5" all the way back), with dynomax 12" bullets behind the rear bumper, the tips are connected directly to the mufflers. I personally love the way it sounds, but it sounds more like a race car than anything lol. My setup is also not stock so take that for what it's worth

Start-up in the shop:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Last edited by 1FSTZ71; 06-01-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1FSTZ71
I'm a big fan of dynomax bullets, but I've never ran one in a single muffler setup. My current setup is longtubes, h-pipe, true duals (2.5" all the way back), with dynomax 12" bullets behind the rear bumper, the tips are connected directly to the mufflers. I personally love the way it sounds, but it sounds more like a race car than anything lol. My setup is also not stock so take that for what it's worth
^^^If I started over on my exhaust, this is the setup I'd like to have!!!

Here is my current setup and reasons why I like yours better: I have Pacesetter long tubes (I'd prefer Stainless). I have 2 electric cutouts (they hang low and leak). I have a Y pipe (would prefer H or X pipe). I have 3" all the way (would prefer 2.5 since my car is lowered). I have a fake cat (could live with 2 fake cats). I have Magnaflow catback that sounds awesome (but would love the bullet styles, I think they fit great, look great and sounds great).
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no clue what headers I have, they are stainless and massive lol. They came on the car when I got it and haven't seen another set like em. My car is lowered as well, almost no fender gap now, BMR springs, k-member, control arms, qa1 coilovers up front, and the only thing that ever scrapes is my torque arm mount. You can see the height here (no good pics since I finished the suspension):

Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^ looks great! As much as I'd like to redo my exhaust, that project is down on the list but I thought the Original poster needs to hear these things since 3" pipe and cutouts in the wrong place can be 1 speed bump away from straight pipes

Here is mine after the drop with Vogtland springs, and they are still settling after only a few days.
Attached Thumbnails SLP Loudmouth, Loudmouth 2 or GMMG muffler. HELP for 2001 WS6........-slammedandcammed.jpg  
Old 06-01-2013, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

CMMG, but I'm partial..

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth, Loudmouth 2 or GMMG muffler. HELP for 2001 WS6........