Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Callies horrible customer service

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Callies horrible customer service

Just wanted to let people know that I bought a Callies crank through a vendor, I had it running for about a month. I finally got it to the track about 3 weeks ago and made half a pass and it fell on its face. Cam sensor code came up. I got to checking into it and found that the reluctor had spun on the crankshaft. I know now that there are a lot of post about this but I called Callies to see what they were willing to do about this. They said that they had a bad problem with there supplier for a while but all of those should be gone. Well I had one of them. I waited over 2 months for the rotating assembly to come in. Purchased in January 2013. They told me that If I pay to send it back they would be nice enough to put another one on. But I had to pay shipping both ways. I am no genius on these by any means but I would think on the reluctor that you would want to heat it evenly around. When I got the crank out of the box there was a predominant blue mark where they had heated the reluctor in one area very hot. I really thought a company of this magnitude would have a little better respect for there customers. But then again I am not a big shop so they can *hit all over me and not care.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

That's why i run and install exclusively Eagle rotating assembly's.

Eagle has great customer service, great people and a great product. They also stand behind there products 100%.

sorry to hear about your stress, i feel you.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

I am running an Eagle rotating assembly and no problems. But i think I have the strongest stuff they make and it is only rated to 1100HP and I am knocking at the door of that... So what is the next brand you run beyond that number?
Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lunati
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Wow some customer service lol
Old 06-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If you are looking somewhere else we have crankshaft forged in 4340 steel angle weight reduction drilled, gun barrel drilled, and keywayed off the shelf rated to 1500HP for $899.
Our crankshafts are new but we have been using them for 2 years now (close to 500 motors) without a single failure in house in our TMS crate motors. We have the best customer service in the business and are here to help if you have any questions.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 24X wheels heat much faster by the balance holes because of the reduced mass, this will not reduce the press when it is installed.
I have used many Callies cranks with great results, sorry to hear about your experience. My experience has been the opposite of yours, excellent customer service and a great product.

Kurt
Originally Posted by shannons86
Just wanted to let people know that I bought a Callies crank through a vendor, I had it running for about a month. I finally got it to the track about 3 weeks ago and made half a pass and it fell on its face. Cam sensor code came up. I got to checking into it and found that the reluctor had spun on the crankshaft. I know now that there are a lot of post about this but I called Callies to see what they were willing to do about this. They said that they had a bad problem with there supplier for a while but all of those should be gone. Well I had one of them. I waited over 2 months for the rotating assembly to come in. Purchased in January 2013. They told me that If I pay to send it back they would be nice enough to put another one on. But I had to pay shipping both ways. I am no genius on these by any means but I would think on the reluctor that you would want to heat it evenly around. When I got the crank out of the box there was a predominant blue mark where they had heated the reluctor in one area very hot. I really thought a company of this magnitude would have a little better respect for there customers. But then again I am not a big shop so they can *hit all over me and not care.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Well after all that I took the crank to Lunati today to some buddies of mine and they got me a new reluctor on and welded. It is back in and ready to try this all over again, maybe now I can start seeing what this 4.0 whipple will do. lol Thanks guys. Hopefully next time it comes out it will be to upgrade again.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 3rdCoastPowerSports
That's why i run and install exclusively Eagle rotating assembly's.

Eagle has great customer service, great people and a great product. They also stand behind there products 100%.

sorry to hear about your stress, i feel you.
Bought 3 of them and 3 sets of rods. Had to send 2 of the cranks back due to out of round journals. Had to resize all rods, way too tight.

Of the overseas forgings, I've had more problems with Eagle than any other. Won't use 'em again, cost too much when all the correcting is done.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Poor Service

OP I think that their service was not up to my standards after trying to speak with them on the phone. So I called Lunati and spoke with them, they answered all of my questions and spent alot of time explaining things to me. After that I was sold on them, and ordered a rotating assembly.

Quick Reply: Callies horrible customer service