Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally made some noise! Tick SNS Stage 2 Mild with PRC 5.3 heads

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys! Sorry I haven't gotten any more vids up... have some other priorities this week. But the y is on and it sounds sick through the magnaflow, actually a little louder then I thought it would be. lol. But hopefully by the end of the weekend I should be able to start messing around with the tune and maybe get another vid up.

Nathan, out of curiosity, how much clearance did you have?
Old 08-22-2013, 01:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Z28M6TT
Thanks guys! Sorry I haven't gotten any more vids up... have some other priorities this week. But the y is on and it sounds sick through the magnaflow, actually a little louder then I thought it would be. lol. But hopefully by the end of the weekend I should be able to start messing around with the tune and maybe get another vid up.

From what he told me, the guy doing the work installed checking springs and when he pressed the rocker down he couldn't even hit the piston.

I believe he is now taking the head off for a clay impression, possibly re-measuring with a dial indicator. Not too sure. I last spoke with him 2 days ago.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Teching In

I'll have numbers for you this weekend. finally got the FAST 92/92 in so gonna be working on it all weekend.

Old 08-23-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Resident

Also I have to say thanks to Martin@Tick and Brian Tooley. I was truly surprised that with how busy these guys must be, I still had multiple 30+minute conversations with each of them on the phone. Really gotta give them credit for their customer service.
That is what impressed me the most, same experience here...These two guys have a real passion for this and it shows.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Martin@Tick
From what he told me, the guy doing the work installed checking springs and when he pressed the rocker down he couldn't even hit the piston.

I believe he is now taking the head off for a clay impression, possibly re-measuring with a dial indicator. Not too sure. I last spoke with him 2 days ago.
Originally Posted by nathanWS6
I'll have numbers for you this weekend. finally got the FAST 92/92 in so gonna be working on it all weekend.
Nice man, and yea if he "cant even hit the piston" somethings not being done right, but I'm sure you guys will get it all sorted out straight. Also just FYI if your using .040 gaskets, I found you can pull one of the thin layers out of the old stock gaskets (if yours were MLS) and the other 2 measure out to ~.041, perfect for measuring PTV without the heads torqued down.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Teching In

well not good news!! according to the clay impression we have .049 on intake side. it was late so will get exhaust number this evening..
this sucks!
Old 08-27-2013, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I really wanna hear this cam through an exhaust. Its the number one grind on my list for winter upgrades and there aren't many videos. I am just curious how it will sound..
Old 08-27-2013, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SEX! lol
Old 11-30-2013, 08:24 PM
Teching In

Did you get your car to the dyno and tuned yet? Thread has been dead for awhile.
As an update we did have to flycut and everything runs great!
Dyno'd at 424rwhp but stock fuel pump couldn't keep up so being replaced then back to dyno. Been along journey but worth it! Will post full numbers when it gets back.
Look forward to seeing yours too!

Quick Reply: Finally made some noise! Tick SNS Stage 2 Mild with PRC 5.3 heads