Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve train issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve train issue

Ok I have a 98 camaro has a 383 stroker. It hesitates badly in low rpm then somewhat clears up in high rpm. Seemed like a vacuum leak or ignition. I have tried over and over to find a vacuum leak and replaced everything but the coil packs. It doesn't throw codes. My valve train seems noisy which I know some do. But I was gonna check it out anyway just to be sure. My main question is can something in the valve train going wrong cause those symptoms. It has a ms3 cam and roller rockers. The previous owner didnt know anything else about it so the rest could be stock or could be good parts. Another reason I'd like to look. Just looking for any ideas to look for or go after. Thanks guys.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd pop the valve covers and visually check the rockers to make sure everything is kosher...usually a bad coil will throw an engine code
Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I was thinking. I might try to pop a plug wire off and make sure it throws a code. Just to make sure. Though other then something obviously broke or loose I'm not sure what I'm looking for under the valve covers.

Quick Reply: Valve train issue