Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water pump issues..

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water pump issues..

Just my luck with my car I found out the water pump shaft broke on my car. I have no idea how long it has been broken for sadly. I had noticed the car had been getting hotter as the weather started to warm up here in NC "figured the turbo wasn't helping it much" so I put a turbo blanket on and a radiator expansion tank on which helped. Have run the car down the track 6 times and not once had a over heating issue to raise any concern over but when I try to drive it around town the temperature starts to rise"It has never gotten to where the temp needle is in the red area, I catch it when it goes past 210" so I pull off and let it cool down for a while the get in and turn the heat on high and all is good. I'm just praying I have not hurt the motor. If anyone could give me some glimmer of hope that would be much appreciated.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Launching!

Id go buy a water pump and put fresh coolant in and Run the Car around town for a while and see what happens.......other than that if it bothers ya Id pull the motor and rip it down and have the machine shop look at it.......

Personally If it was my Car Id go w the New water pump and Drive it and see what happens...
Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1999Firehawkls7
Id go buy a water pump and put fresh coolant in and Run the Car around town for a while and see what happens.......other than that if it bothers ya Id pull the motor and rip it down and have the machine shop look at it.......

Personally If it was my Car Id go w the New water pump and Drive it and see what happens...
I'm having my shop look at it since they have worked on it in the past.. More than likely that's what will end up happening. Cause its not leaking coolant nor does it have a lot in the overflow tank for the radiator.. Guess I'm being to worried about it. Just wish I could figure out when it broke
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Ya, thats gonna be tough to say. somewhere in bewtween the time ya noticed the Temp going past normal and last time ya looked at it...lol

Ive never seen a Ls style water pump shaft break.....wonder what happened tho?!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

Put a new pump on, you may have gotten lucky. Heck try turning it over and see if its seized. If not you may have caught it in time and be good to go.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Put a new pump on, you may have gotten lucky. Heck try turning it over and see if its seized. If not you may have caught it in time and be good to go.
It's not seized. I drive the car to the shop to have the heating issue looked at
Old 08-22-2013, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

Lol mine seized up this Monday I thought I was the only one with WP problems
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown02Camaro
It's not seized. I drive the car to the shop to have the heating issue looked at
If 210 is as hot as it got, you're good to go. Normal operating temp on these motors is around 210.

Quick Reply: Water pump issues..