Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another LS6 intake on LQ4 thread... questions....

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013 | 06:27 PM
Teching In

Default Another LS6 intake on LQ4 thread... questions....

I got my LS6 intake in to replace my truck intake... I have a few questions.

What is this and where does it go? Doesnt look like much of anything really.

There is a nipple under this sensor on the driver side, where does that go?

Another nipple under the throttle body opening, where does that go?

Plastic nipple?

I am new to fuel injected setups but dont they have an inlet and an overflow? This one only has this quick connect and then at the end where the schrader valve is (which is missing, PO must have been running nitrous I assume). Shouldnt there be a return quick connect fitting?

aldo I thnk i read somewhere that there are adapters to change the TB to a 4 bolt TB, is there an advantage to try and use the truck TB on this intake?

Thanks for any insight you can give.
Old 08-27-2013 | 01:17 PM
On The Tree

1st question is why would you swap a truck intake for an ls6 unless there are clearnce issues with hood. The truck intakes flow better than the car intakes thus more low end. in first pic that braket is for the end of the fuel rail why they put it on not 100% sure its intended purpose in second and 3rd pics those are the coolant tubes plug them off and dont worry about them. 4th pic is pcv is for crankcase vent. last but not least is the fuel rail the latter models used a returnless system hope this helps some.

Last edited by pkozera; 08-27-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-27-2013 | 06:28 PM
On The Tree

The 2 nipples under and on top of the TB are for coolent not " needed" although you won't gain anything the other is PCV
Old 08-28-2013 | 10:25 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pkozera
1st question is why would you swap a truck intake for an ls6 unless there are clearnce issues with hood. The truck intakes flow better than the car intakes thus more low end. in first pic that braket is for the end of the fuel rail why they put it on not 100% sure its intended purpose in second and 3rd pics those are the coolant tubes plug them off and dont worry about them. 4th pic is pcv is for crankcase vent. last but not least is the fuel rail the latter models used a returnless system hope this helps some.
Thanks. Swapping due to intake hitting hood.
Old 08-29-2013 | 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by pkozera
Ls6 intake out flows a truck intake. The truck intake out flows the ls1 intake.

The bracket thing is a safety device that keeps the fuel rail from hitting the firewall and rupturing in a crash.
Old 08-29-2013 | 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

There's no need to plug the two tubes going through the bottom of the throttle body. As a matter of fact, you can grab them with vise grips, twist and pull, and remove them completly.
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (01-02-2022)
Old 08-29-2013 | 07:44 PM

Another LS6 intake on LQ4 thread... questions....-ls-motor-pipe.jpg ok so im trying to line up my ls1 intake on my 5.3l and this pipe is hitting is there a adapter or should i just trim the pipe ??? Thanks

Trending Topics

Old 08-30-2013 | 07:30 AM
TECH Junkie

The easiest way, but not the cheapest, is to get the LS6 cross over tubes. Call SDPC and tell them what you need. They're a sponcer and will know what to sell you.
The following users liked this post:
Homer_Simpson (01-02-2022)

Quick Reply: Another LS6 intake on LQ4 thread... questions....