Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 valve float?

Old 11-24-2013, 05:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I would definately find out what springs you have and what the install height is. I will venture to say that a vast majority of people don't check install height when they put springs in.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by paladineWS6
Havent stepped on it the car has nitto nt 555s I had those on my bonneville and I know that theyre crap in the water and we have heavy rain here I like the look cause the rears the guy put are 315 nittos lol he told me it was like 400 a tire
Discount tire direct has Nitto 555 Extreme 315/35/17 tires for $202 a piece.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay so im updating just incase someone else reads this amd is going through the same problems atm im istalling prc .650 dual springs, manley 2.02 race flo valves, hidden power lifers (wanted ls7 but this was more convenient, tsp molychrome pushrods, new muffler and 2 high flow cats lets see what I dyno after this not sure if to dyno after this or wait to get a new clutch and then dyno I think ots slipping and the mechanic said whoever installed the valves installed them bad they were im guessing not sized right? I forgot what he told me but I think they wouldn't close the whole way a machine shop will be installing everything so lets see what happens
Old 09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paladineWS6
Okay so im updating just incase someone else reads this amd is going through the same problems atm im istalling prc .650 dual springs, manley 2.02 race flo valves, hidden power lifers (wanted ls7 but this was more convenient, tsp molychrome pushrods, new muffler and 2 high flow cats lets see what I dyno after this not sure if to dyno after this or wait to get a new clutch and then dyno I think ots slipping and the mechanic said whoever installed the valves installed them bad they were im guessing not sized right? I forgot what he told me but I think they wouldn't close the whole way a machine shop will be installing everything so lets see what happens
And your results were???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ls1 valve float?