Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me figure out my H/C/I setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Help me figure out my H/C/I setup

Ok guys, figured I'd throw up a post here and see what you guys would recommend. Car is a 98 C5 with 24k miles on the clock, auto, bassani exhaust, (have an off road x but hesitant to put it on since the bassani axle back is a straight pipe and its already stupid loud). and an AFE intake which ill probably switch to a vararam when I do the setup. Planing on doing a z06 3.42 diff and a small convertor this winter as well but got that pretty much taken care of.

My power goals are pretty conservative, id like the car to make right around 400-450 wheel and still have a streetable idle and still be a good car for road trips. So nothing to radical just a mild heads/cam package or if you think i could pull it off with stock or stock ported heads and a cam. Just trying to get some ideas. This car makes several 3-4 hour trips a year so I want something that's going to be rock solid reliable even if I have to leave some numbers on the table.

Let me know what you think would be my best bang for the buck.

All my time in the LT1 game has made me LS stupid again, trying to learn it all again.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would port and polish your heads,intake and throttle body you'll see some good gains in my opinion. As for a cam, i recommend calling Martin@Ticks Performance to spec you a cam for your setup.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Seeing as i have 853 casting heads would it pay to go to a 241 casting before porting?
Old 11-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry i thought you had newer heads didn't see the year....yea there are alot of 241, 243 heads for cheap i would port either one of those.

Quick Reply: Help me figure out my H/C/I setup