Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS6.. or just drop an LS6 in?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 03:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=HioSSilver;17890236]My car is not a exception to the rule......it's a example what can be done when it's done with accelerating the car in mind. Which is what most are here for.

Yeah I know.....everyone has a hart breaking dyno My ricer math comes from being on both. Funny how when that happens it turns into fact. Another fact is I have been on 3 different dyno jets and none varied more that 2hp. The last dyno jet I was on the car made 413, it has gained 18hp since then......you do the math.

Yeah....we're talking 9 sec cars here . I was just saying your car don't run as it should.....and it don't. It runs bolt-on ls1 times with your mods.

You guys can either be butt hurt about what I said or you can keep a open mind and

realize I've been ******* with these ls engines for a long time. All with exceptional results or non typical results according to you. The only real problem I see is that you think sub par performance is normal.[/QUOTE

And opinions are just like A$$ holes..But your the only one with LS longevity here NOT! Talk about a ten year sticker going to ones head...lol Sorry about the thread highjack.

Last edited by Anthony Williams; 12-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
If your gonna ask me why so slow you should first ask your self that question. A question to which I have already answered.

They went 10.1 @ 134....not sure if their best mph was on their best et pass.

No my car is not full weight.......why would any car be full weight that you are modding for performance?

Nope

Not freak of nature......they like I are just doin different **** than the same ol' same ol'. They do a great job and are more drag oriented than I.

I don't float around the forums beating my chest that I have a stock LS6 that runs like a 408 stroked motor.

I built my car to road race, it does it very well I might add.

Unless your car is 3000lbs with you in it, your blowing smoke,very hard to believe it traps 130+. Unless you had a gum wrapper blow through the lights at the track lol.

My old LT1 car made 450 to the wheels, in outstanding DA it ran a best of 10.58@126 weighing 3600lbs sitting on the track.

The math isn't there. Physics is physics.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

He has a swiss cheese car and expects everyone else's to run like his.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by Burken01
Yes freak of nature, granted they had other things done. Like a badass face plated t56... But nothing else out of the norm

It was TFS 215 heads ported by tooley
Custom cam
Yells Terra's
3/8 pushrods
Morel lifters

Pretty common I'd say

He got so much heat from people saying he sprayed nitrous that he ended up leaving this forum

I bought the whole top end kit from Robz's 9 sec c5 about 5 years ago.. The cam was top secret lol

I even called tommy from anger management after I purchased it and he couldn't remember the specs, just my luck.
Still not a freak....just the right **** in the right places. The set-up you speak of he had I think had a itb intake on it..
Originally Posted by Anthony Williams
And Opinions are just like A$$ holes..But your the only one with LS longevity here NOT! Talk about a ten year sticker going to ones head...lol Sorry about the thread hi!ghjack.
Yea the 10 yr thing can be misleading......it's closer to 15yrs.
Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
I don't float around the forums beating my chest that I have a stock LS6 that runs like a 408 stroked motor.

I built my car to road race, it does it very well I might add.

Unless your car is 3000lbs with you in it, your blowing smoke,very hard to believe it traps 130+. Unless you had a gum wrapper blow through the lights at the track lol.

My old LT1 car made 450 to the wheels, in outstanding DA it ran a best of 10.58@126 weighing 3600lbs sitting on the track.

The math isn't there. Physics is physics.
That's just it.....you don't know as much about physics as you think. And no I'm not beating my chest......you guys are beating your own asses by acting like you are. I posted for op.....so he could see that a ls6 don't have to run like a bolt-on ls1.

Funny you mention road racing. I worked for PTG for 17 years. My car is far from a drag car although I do vary the set-up a little according to what I am doing with it. It turns pretty good to.

I have the Strano/koni's on my car.....again not drag oriented.
Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
He has a swiss cheese car and expects everyone else's to run like his.
Here's a pic

look like swiss cheese? Make sure you notice the ac stuff.....cruise stuff....washer tank don't hold fluid with holes in it

Have I lightened ****???????? HELL YEA..........**** YEA......Lighter weight is the ONLY mod that improves ALL aspects of performance.

What some of you get carried away thinking is my car was always as light as it is now. I know what it ran with the ls6 at full weight, syncro'd trans,........**** I even know what it ran on the stock ls1 tune with a hypertech turned up rev limit, I know what it ran on the stock gear.....stock cat back.

I'll give you guys hint......it was faster than a 12.4 @108

Sorry op......ls6's are awesome engines that give you alot of potential. As you can tell some never reach that potential because their raging **** cavity will not allow their head to look any further than inside their own *******. Feel free to pm me with any questions.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah I know.....everyone has a hart breaking dyno My ricer math comes from being on both. Funny how when that happens it turns into fact. Another fact is I have been on 3 different dyno jets and none varied more that 2hp. The last dyno jet I was on the car made 413, it has gained 18hp since then......you do the math.

You didn't mention you had actually been on one, you just said what it "should" make on one. As far as the one I was talking about you can be sarcastic all you want since most people do claim every dyno is a heartbreaker but when I saw:

Cammed bolt on C5 which dyno'd 399-403rwhp on 2 other Dynojets made 345rwhp
big cammed 243 head bolt on fbody m6 made 378rwhp
near full bolt on A4 ls1 fbody with locked converter 303 rwhp

It's clear that it wasn't exactly reading typical numbers.

I've been plenty open minded before but honestly it seems you are always first to jump into people's threads telling them what **** numbers they are making or what **** times they are running, stroking your own e-****, then bouncing without ever really offering much advice in how someone can help improve.

Here was yet another chance for you to grace everyone, instead you basically call the couple of us who very politely implied your car was "above average" crybaby idiots and act like we called your car a POS.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
You didn't mention you had actually been on one, you just said what it "should" make on one. As far as the one I was talking about you can be sarcastic all you want since most people do claim every dyno is a heartbreaker but when I saw:

Cammed bolt on C5 which dyno'd 399-403rwhp on 2 other Dynojets made 345rwhp
big cammed 243 head bolt on fbody m6 made 378rwhp
near full bolt on A4 ls1 fbody with locked converter 303 rwhp

It's clear that it wasn't exactly reading typical numbers.

I've been plenty open minded before but honestly it seems you are always first to jump into people's threads telling them what **** numbers they are making or what **** times they are running, stroking your own e-****, then bouncing without ever really offering much advice in how someone can help improve.

Here was yet another chance for you to grace everyone, instead you basically call the couple of us who very politely implied your car was "above average" crybaby idiots and act like we called your car a POS.
Of course I have been on a dyno jet.......why would I say what I said if I hadn't. You were quick to call ricer math ****. Not all dyno's read the same.....we all know that. The dyno jets I have been on were very very close. This why track times can be used to prove or disprove dyno claims. Of course they can very greatly too.

I can sense smartass sarcasm and it quickly turns to that. Instead of asking how or why it's "Not all run like yours" or "above average" or "physics". It's not really other than I have sorted things out to get it there.

I'm showing what can be done......a ls6 running bolt-on ls1 times is not a good example period. Hell look at the **** I get.......and I'm way off on et.

Poking at weight loss....calling swiss cheese......thinking full weight is better is all butt hurt bs that's getting spewed. To me if your into making your car faster less weight should be a constant evolution. Does that mean gutted????? Nope.

So are you saying I should stop telling people their **** runs like **** when it does?

Or should I try to help and give the advice I have learned threw hands on modding of these cars?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:54 PM
11 Second Club

Of course I have been on a dyno jet.......why would I say what I said if I hadn't. You were quick to call ricer math ****.

Instead of asking how or why it's "Not all run like yours" or "above average" or "physics". It's not really other than I have sorted things out to get it there.

So are you saying I should stop telling people their **** runs like **** when it does? Or should I try to help and give the advice I have learned threw hands on modding of these cars?
Your post said what it "should" make on a dynojet along with a % increase you were adding to your real dyno number. That is ricer math and I didn't say it as a derogatory, it is simply the pure definition of ricer math.

If you haven't done anything different than what everyone else is doing and getting worse results, then yours is "above average". That's what "above average" means. Nothing more.

The last 2 remarks quoted above was the whole point of my first post. Instead of coming in and telling people "man something must be wrong with your car" then posting what yours runs and nothing more, maybe ask a couple questions and pass along some of that hands on experience you have?

If you really think every car is capable of what yours is and that yours is not the exception to the rule, then maybe toss out an idea or 2 as to how the poster can work towards that.

I've been over my car with a fine tooth comb many times and if I posted the numbers it runs or dynos you would probably tell me to burn it. Who knows maybe there is a problem but it's been apart and together 3 times in the years since the ls1 swap and the problem hasn't turned up yet. It keeps getting faster with every mod but it would still fall well below your expectations.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course I have been on a dyno jet.......why would I say what I said if I hadn't. You were quick to call ricer math ****. Not all dyno's read the same.....we all know that. The dyno jets I have been on were very very close. This why track times can be used to prove or disprove dyno claims. Of course they can very greatly too.

I can sense smartass sarcasm and it quickly turns to that. Instead of asking how or why it's "Not all run like yours" or "above average" or "physics". It's not really other than I have sorted things out to get it there.

I'm showing what can be done......a ls6 running bolt-on ls1 times is not a good example period. Hell look at the **** I get.......and I'm way off on et.

Poking at weight loss....calling swiss cheese......thinking full weight is better is all butt hurt bs that's getting spewed. To me if your into making your car faster less weight should be a constant evolution. Does that mean gutted????? Nope.

So are you saying I should stop telling people their **** runs like **** when it does?

Or should I try to help and give the advice I have learned threw hands on modding of these cars?
As I said, a classic example of a 10 year sticker gone to ones head, hopefully time teaches ya Hiho to get ALL the facts before spewing all that **** from your mouth...LoL..

HIho's a lier http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/ EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK HIho's numbers.. TRAPPING 130 ON 417 rwhp NOT ON THIS PLANET!!

I'm out!

Last edited by Anthony Williams; 12-17-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Your post said what it "should" make on a dynojet along with a % increase you were adding to your real dyno number. That is ricer math and I didn't say it as a derogatory, it is simply the pure definition of ricer math.

If you haven't done anything different than what everyone else is doing and getting worse results, then yours is "above average". That's what "above average" means. Nothing more.

The last 2 remarks quoted above was the whole point of my first post. Instead of coming in and telling people "man something must be wrong with your car" then posting what yours runs and nothing more, maybe ask a couple questions and pass along some of that hands on experience you have?

If you really think every car is capable of what yours is and that yours is not the exception to the rule, then maybe toss out an idea or 2 as to how the poster can work towards that.

I've been over my car with a fine tooth comb many times and if I posted the numbers it runs or dynos you would probably tell me to burn it. Who knows maybe there is a problem but it's been apart and together 3 times in the years since the ls1 swap and the problem hasn't turned up yet. It keeps getting faster with every mod but it would still fall well below your expectations.
I know exactly what I said on the dyno's. I knew the difference was 3.5% because I had been on both. Ricer math is derogatory....and you meant it in that manner. You could have asked how I know the difference between the dyn's are 3.5%.......but instead "ricer math".

Sure I do **** different than other people. Most do **** like ****. Their results show it. The devil is usually in the details. It's mostly about crossing your T's and dotting your I's. W/O knowing everyone's set-up and actually seeing it alot is hard to say.

I'll give you a example.....my maf is descreened and ported. There are alot of people that says that's wrong. My results say other wise.

Another example.....Alot says a fast intake is not worth it over a ls6. My results picked up 13rwp with my ported fast over my ported ls6.

Some will say a ewp is not worth it.......my results say different. Especially after I modded it.

Some will bolt-on headers and y pipe and leave that neck down area where it goes into the y......not me.

BTW.....why do I have to baby sit and worry about hurting someone's feelings over a car. Is this Romper room????.....are we really that politically correct?

Thunder it's good that you keep getting faster with every mod. You're sorting it out. Your learning the details.......which is the same way I got here. Not that I started with a ls6 goin 12.4 @ 108.........it was much faster than that 1st time out. That is how I know his car is not running as it should.

As I said, a classic example of a 10 year sticker gone to ones head, hopefully time teaches ya Hiho to get ALL the facts before spewing all that **** from your mouth...LoL..

HIho's a lier http://www.competitiondiesel.com/Phil/bg/ EVERYONE PLEASE CHECK HIho's numbers.. TRAPPING 130 ON 417 rwhp NOT ON THIS PLANET!!

I'm out!
LOL....nice try. Here's the problem you have. I'm not the only on that has done it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...aps-130-a.html

BAM.....and just that easy Anthony is a idiot.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-17-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:00 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've plugged his numbers in every calculator made and it just doesn't add up. To run the mph you have with a weight of 2900 your hp number is 536, your bolt on ls6 doesn't make that
2900 and 430 whp comes out to 121-122

I'm not sure what you said your car weighed, picked 29xxx as a guess, and I'd imagine it's more than that.

Either way, just because someone's car doesn't run your physics bending mph and et doesn't mean something is wrong with their car like you're so quick to chime in
Old 12-17-2013, 05:06 PM
8 Second Club

I know exactly what I said on the dyno's. I knew the difference was 3.5% because I had been on both. Ricer math is derogatory....and you meant it in that manner. You could have asked how I know the difference between the dyn's are 3.5%.......but instead "ricer math".

Sure I do **** different than other people. Most do **** like ****. Their results show it. The devil is usually in the details. It's mostly about crossing your T's and dotting your I's. W/O knowing everyone's set-up and actually seeing it alot is hard to say.

I'll give you a example.....my maf is descreened and ported. There are alot of people that says that's wrong. My results say other wise.

Another example.....Alot says a fast intake is not worth it over a ls6. My results picked up 13rwp with my ported fast over my ported ls6.

Some will say a ewp is not worth it.......my results say different. Especially after I modded it.

Some will bolt-on headers and y pipe and leave that neck down area where it goes into the y......not me.

BTW.....why do I have to baby sit and worry about hurting someone's feelings over a car. Is this Romper room????.....are we really that politically correct?

Thunder it's good that you keep getting faster with every mod. You're sorting it out. Your learning the details.......which is the same way I got here. Not that I started with a ls6 goin 12.4 @ 108.........it was much faster than that 1st time out. That is how I know his car is not running as it should.

LOL....nice try. Here's the problem you have. I'm not the only on that has done it.

And when you start talking **** on other people's cars and bring up how fast yours is do you usually say it's been lightened all to hell with a ported fast, ewp, faceplated t56, etc etc, or do you usually say my bolt on ls6 is this fast so yours must be ****
Old 12-17-2013, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

And yes we have rolling smog checks that can spot you in traffic, CHP will pull you and you get tested right then..lol
Your odds of this happening are pretty low.

the new Star OBD2 scanning test that actually compares your current cars tune to the stock factory tune and can FAIL you based on too many differences between the two
Really now, how miraculous that you know this... since smog techs themselves don't know what the new machines are going to be capable of.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by mkvamso
I've plugged his numbers in every calculator made and it just doesn't add up. To run the mph you have with a weight of 2900 your hp number is 536, your bolt on ls6 doesn't make that
2900 and 430 whp comes out to 121-122

I'm not sure what you said your car weighed, picked 29xxx as a guess, and I'd imagine it's more than that.

Either way, just because someone's car doesn't run your physics bending mph and et doesn't mean something is wrong with their car like you're so quick to chime in
My car weighed 32xx with me on my 130+ passes. Again......accusations w/o asking how. Calculators > life
Originally Posted by mkvamso
And when you start talking **** on other people's cars and bring up how fast yours is do you usually say it's been lightened all to hell with a ported fast, ewp, faceplated t56, etc etc, or do you usually say my bolt on ls6 is this fast so yours must be ****
Here is what you are not getting. I know what the car ran at near full weight(these cars loose weight with modding) sycro'd t56.....w/o the ewp, w/o the ported fast......before the ported ls6 intake etc etc etc. WTF is so hard to believe about that? This is how I KNOW his car is not up to par.

It's you guys that is solely focused on my current numbers.

Do you think his car should run ls1 times with a ls6 in it? BTW.....where did I say his was ****?.......oh yea that's right I didn't.

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-17-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

What's your DA like up in VA? This plays or can play a huge factor on times at the strip.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:58 PM
8 Second Club

You post about how poor someone's car runs or how something must not be right with it almost every day. According to your logic every single lsx car I've ever seen run is underperforming
Old 12-17-2013, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

If Hio ever ran at a decent track you guys would have a heart attack...

I have seen the car many times. Its not "hacked" or " swiss cheesed". In my case sans the trans I could drive it cross country or dd easy. Does have many parts lightened and many of it is reduction in total recipicating and rotational weight. Check it out in person.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:53 PM
11 Second Club

Spend some time in the dyno section here watching people add in percentages for other dynos and you will see why. Adding a percentage is the same ricer math as posting corrected drag times. Not derogatory just unreliable speculation.

Mine has an 85mm maf with a saxon free flowing screen to smooth airflow. Also has a ported fast. Sure the 12 bolt and auto eat up power but Im still way short so Im open to ideas.

Not saying you have to babysit anyone but if you dont want to help why bother telling everyone how fast your car is and shitting on their results?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:12 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike Morris

I have seen the car many times. Its not "hacked" or " swiss cheesed". In my case sans the trans I could drive it cross country or dd easy. Does have many parts lightened and many of it is reduction in total recipicating and rotational weight. Check it out in person.
So does he ride your *** about how slow your head cam bolton car runs.
117 is painfully slow compared to his car, my cam only car traps that and he has commented on how shitty my setup is.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mike Morris

I said swiss cheese because I was taking a shot at him for giggles. I can remember plenty of his posts. I said what I said based on facts. His car IS holed up everywhere. I see someone who obviously has a milling machine or has patience beyond my wildest dreams because of the execution of his cheese holes. I never directly said his car was junk, maybe he or you assumed that, but he has spent a ton of time on it, its plainly obvious. Another thing, he never divulges his secrets here, he hints around at too much **** but never gives too much info. Who knows how much time he has spent. But hey here is one example to think about......He has one hood strut, that's fine, it may work fine that way. But i'm not gonna do that to my car. One, I think it looks stupid. So what he doesn't get is because someone doesn't do something to their car it may be because they choose not to. I like the security of an ebrake, my kids like to be buckled in the back seat, I like airbags and floormats etc. I race with 3/4 of a tank most times, I carry an ice chest and offer people beverages at the track, even raced with fold up chairs in the back. Hell I've never been to the track on a good DA night. The point is it is my choice for my car to not be faster then it is, it's not a deficiency.....Plus getting combos to run 100% takes time, and it may not be as important to some people. But, if he ain't figured any of this out yet, he ain't gonna. Don't know why I'm wasting my breath.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:49 PM
8 Second Club

^^^
+10

Quick Reply: LS1 to LS6.. or just drop an LS6 in?