Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS6.. or just drop an LS6 in?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
Your odds of this happening are pretty low.

Really now, how miraculous that you know this... since smog techs themselves don't know what the new machines are going to be capable of.
Your right those odd are pretty low as in all my years in So. CA I've only seen 3 rolling Smog checks one of which I took pictures of =

Foothill blvd. in Fontana CA.

BUT my odds of being smog tested every 2 years are 100%! And the smog techs I'VE talked to, not only know what the new STAR smog testing system is going too, (It's already in first generation use) they are not trying to cheat it, as the state is now seeking JAIL time on top of a lost smog license (Big $$$$ to get) for techs caught doing so. I personally know of 1 tech doing a year in Chino (CIM) right now for phucking with SMOG ok. So the techs you've been talking to better ask somebody!

Understand this FruitS, the CHP did not choose to replace Crown Vics (big sedan) with 80% Ford Explorers (an even bigger suv) so they could carry less equipment. Rolling smog compliance will be single vehicle contained soon.

Last edited by Anthony Williams; 12-17-2013 at 09:04 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Move outta that crummy place.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by mkvamso
So does he ride your *** about how slow your head cam bolton car runs.
117 is painfully slow compared to his car, my cam only car traps that and he has commented on how shitty my setup is.

Yea he does so what. He makes fun of my other cars too and attackes me. Oh well. My car went 117MPH with eps cam stock untouched heads,less stall and heavier than it does now on stock wheels,spare tire and jack on the car and all sway bars hooked up. I also went 11.7 at 114MPH in same trim on stock cam(I was not close to being maxed out on bolt ons either). Reread my sig and stop attacking my car which has nothing to do with this post. Car's tune is terrible now and is in fact sitting in front of his house to be corrected. Once he is done with it should be easy 10s the way it sits with bigger headers and Kmember. My car probably makes more power than his at the crank but is much heavier and soaks up a lot more power than his at the wheels. I think in total weight he probably has me by about 300 pounds if not more. Talk to people who have seen the car. Not to slam him but if you seen what is done its performance is believable. Car has a lot of attention to detail many don't do. Spent many hours on phone with him for years getting ideas to make the car more efficient. Many people have seen it. Ask him and he will tell you. Like I said I can't imagine the reaction if he had ran the car at Cecil or Atco like I begged him to do for years. If that car had head work or a cam it would be crazier. Dumbass will not do it. Car is getting an LS7 now and again refuses to attack the heads(might want to rethink that hioslow) or cam.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony Williams

Your right those odd are pretty low as in all my years in So. CA I've only seen 3 rolling Smog checks one of which I took pictures of =

BUT my odds of being smog tested every 2 years are 100%! And the smog techs I'VE talked to, not only know what the new STAR smog testing system is going too, (It's already in first generation use) they are not trying to cheat it, as the state is now seeking JAIL time on top of a lost smog license (Big $$$$ to get) for techs caught doing so. I personally know of 1 tech doing a year in Chino (CIM) right now for phucking with SMOG ok. So the techs you've been talking to better ask somebody!

Understand this FruitS, the CHP did not choose to replace Crown Vics (big sedan) with 80% Ford Explorers (an even bigger suv) so they could carry less equipment. Rolling smog compliance will be single vehicle contained soon.
I just saw the first smog checkpoint a month ago here in Anaheim right by Disneyland..

Pretty ridiculous I'd say
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I know exactly what I said on the dyno's. I knew the difference was 3.5% because I had been on both. Ricer math is derogatory....and you meant it in that manner. You could have asked how I know the difference between the dyn's are 3.5%.......but instead "ricer math".

Sure I do **** different than other people. Most do **** like ****. Their results show it. The devil is usually in the details. It's mostly about crossing your T's and dotting your I's. W/O knowing everyone's set-up and actually seeing it alot is hard to say.

I'll give you a example.....my maf is descreened and ported. There are alot of people that says that's wrong. My results say other wise.

Another example.....Alot says a fast intake is not worth it over a ls6. My results picked up 13rwp with my ported fast over my ported ls6.

Some will say a ewp is not worth it.......my results say different. Especially after I modded it.

Some will bolt-on headers and y pipe and leave that neck down area where it goes into the y......not me.

BTW.....why do I have to baby sit and worry about hurting someone's feelings over a car. Is this Romper room????.....are we really that politically correct?

Thunder it's good that you keep getting faster with every mod. You're sorting it out. Your learning the details.......which is the same way I got here. Not that I started with a ls6 goin 12.4 @ 108.........it was much faster than that 1st time out. That is how I know his car is not running as it should.

LOL....nice try. Here's the problem you have. I'm not the only on that has done it.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...aps-130-a.html

BAM.....and just that easy Anthony is a idiot.
I didn't say it couldn't be done!
Just NOT with the Numbers YOU have posted for YOUR runs Hiho
... And now Hiho ya got to go to name calling..SMH as that usually happens only to deflect eyes and ears from the TRUTH? LMASSOFF!
THEN you actually quote a post that was suspect in its facts, on a car that is in NO WAY STREETABLE? Maybe you should not worry so much about what's wrong with everyone else's car, and figure out WTF is wrong with YOU?

Last edited by Anthony Williams; 12-17-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Burken01
I just saw the first smog checkpoint a month ago here in Anaheim right by Disneyland..

Pretty ridiculous I'd say
True that, the cost we pay for 80's in December..lol
Old 12-17-2013, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The day I get failed for a "rolling smog" is the day I will make my plans to leave Kommiefornia.

I have heard about the increased penalties for techs... luckily I think some are still willing to help for the right test fee. Maybe the machines are already in use in some other counties or regions, but we are still status quo with the sniffer and OBDII readiness checks here.

I did see that A&A's V2 kit has a CARB E.O. number though.... I think the problem here is the car lobby is not throwing enough money at certain legislators.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
The day I get failed for a "rolling smog" is the day I will make my plans to leave Kommiefornia.

I have heard about the increased penalties for techs... luckily I think some are still willing to help for the right test fee. Maybe the machines are already in use in some other counties or regions, but we are still status quo with the sniffer and OBDII readiness checks here.

I did see that A&A's V2 kit has a CARB E.O. number though.... I think the problem here is the car lobby is not throwing enough money at certain legislators.
Here in Riverside Co. Star smog is alive and kickin ***.. And if your a tech with a suspect past in smog checks the state is holding up your Star cert. (Can you say LOOSING $$$) until they can clear, retrain, or revoke you. I'm just buying a AMG or CTSV..11's all day long and all the luxury I can stand..lol
Old 12-17-2013, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Feel so bad for you members in Cali....
Old 12-17-2013, 10:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Feel so bad for you members in Cali....
yep its gay, cant wait till i move back to DE. OBD2 check only for me!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
What's your DA like up in VA? This plays or can play a huge factor on times at the strip.

Decent for the most part. We can get some -da but not alot and it very seldom gets to 4000. At best you're looking at .1 for every 1000' of da.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:03 AM
10 Second Club

If Hio ever ran at a decent track you guys would have a heart attack...

I have seen the car many times. Its not "hacked" or " swiss cheesed". In my case sans the trans I could drive it cross country or dd easy. Does have many parts lightened and many of it is reduction in total recipicating and rotational weight. Check it out in person.
You would love the trans......you may not know it yet.....but you would.
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Spend some time in the dyno section here watching people add in percentages for other dynos and you will see why. Adding a percentage is the same ricer math as posting corrected drag times. Not derogatory just unreliable speculation.

Mine has an 85mm maf with a saxon free flowing screen to smooth airflow. Also has a ported fast. Sure the 12 bolt and auto eat up power but Im still way short so Im open to ideas.

Not saying you have to babysit anyone but if you dont want to help why bother telling everyone how fast your car is and shitting on their results?
Is the speedo hooked up? Does the pcm see speed?

I said check the sig to show the potential the engine has.....not because all should run that. Would they all run that with the same mods??? yea no reason why they shouldn't. Anothony's results are ****......I know this because I know what my car ran at full weight or near it, on the stock catback, on the ls1 tune. It was like 12.1 @ 117 or 118 stock gear(3.42) and no dr. His mph is way down.
I said swiss cheese because I was taking a shot at him for giggles. I can remember plenty of his posts. I said what I said based on facts. His car IS holed up everywhere. I see someone who obviously has a milling machine or has patience beyond my wildest dreams because of the execution of his cheese holes. I never directly said his car was junk, maybe he or you assumed that, but he has spent a ton of time on it, its plainly obvious. Another thing, he never divulges his secrets here, he hints around at too much **** but never gives too much info. Who knows how much time he has spent. But hey here is one example to think about......He has one hood strut, that's fine, it may work fine that way. But i'm not gonna do that to my car. One, I think it looks stupid. So what he doesn't get is because someone doesn't do something to their car it may be because they choose not to. I like the security of an ebrake, my kids like to be buckled in the back seat, I like airbags and floormats etc. I race with 3/4 of a tank most times, I carry an ice chest and offer people beverages at the track, even raced with fold up chairs in the back. Hell I've never been to the track on a good DA night. The point is it is my choice for my car to not be faster then it is, it's not a deficiency.....Plus getting combos to run 100% takes time, and it may not be as important to some people. But, if he ain't figured any of this out yet, he ain't gonna. Don't know why I'm wasting my breath.
I knew you were taking a jab.....that's why I commented the way I did. Same goes for all of ya. Instead of asking why or how it goes to can't happen type of ****.

As far as one hood strut goes......there are new cars like that......What about single prop rods??? They were around forever.

Why are you riding around with your hood up?

I ran with 3/4 tank, floormats, back seat/belts.

I did !air bags for various reasons.

Move. The only place I've seen worth a **** in cali is SanDeigo
Yea he does so what. He makes fun of my other cars too and attackes me. Oh well. My car went 117MPH with eps cam stock untouched heads,less stall and heavier than it does now on stock wheels,spare tire and jack on the car and all sway bars hooked up. I also went 11.7 at 114MPH in same trim on stock cam(I was not close to being maxed out on bolt ons either). Reread my sig and stop attacking my car which has nothing to do with this post. Car's tune is terrible now and is in fact sitting in front of his house to be corrected. Once he is done with it should be easy 10s the way it sits with bigger headers and Kmember. My car probably makes more power than his at the crank but is much heavier and soaks up a lot more power than his at the wheels. I think in total weight he probably has me by about 300 pounds if not more. Talk to people who have seen the car. Not to slam him but if you seen what is done its performance is believable. Car has a lot of attention to detail many don't do. Spent many hours on phone with him for years getting ideas to make the car more efficient. Many people have seen it. Ask him and he will tell you. Like I said I can't imagine the reaction if he had ran the car at Cecil or Atco like I begged him to do for years. If that car had head work or a cam it would be crazier. Dumbass will not do it. Car is getting an LS7 now and again refuses to attack the heads(might want to rethink that hioslow) or cam.
Suck it Mike.

I'll do the heads. But I want to run it stock first.
I didn't say it couldn't be done!
Just NOT with the Numbers YOU have posted for YOUR runs Hiho
... And now Hiho ya got to go to name calling..SMH as that usually happens only to deflect eyes and ears from the TRUTH? LMASSOFF!
THEN you actually quote a post that was suspect in its facts, on a car that is in NO WAY STREETABLE? Maybe you should not worry so much about what's wrong with everyone else's car, and figure out WTF is wrong with YOU?
Yea I called you a idiot.....you are a idiot. But if you noticed I called you a idiot(because you are) after you called me liar......which I am not idiot.

Yes you said it couldn't be done and posted a calculator.....you even had some physics involved. I guess you're a physics professor.......a really dumb on though. You don't realize there is physics behind why it does what it does. Most don't.....that's why they call b.s.......cause you/they don't get why when I have posted pics and explained most mods on the car on this forum.

BTW......I dd the car.

Now go work on your pile cause it runs like ****. fact

Last edited by HioSSilver; 12-18-2013 at 08:14 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Keep this thread on track.

Original post was about LS6 crate vs modding his current engine. It has turned into a thread about Hio's combo, CA smog, and personal attacks. Hio's combo is interesting for sure, but let's keep the personal crap out of it.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Talk to people who have seen the car. Not to slam him but if you seen what is done its performance is believable. Car has a lot of attention to detail many don't do.
Again, this was the entire point of my first post in this thread. If those secrets are kept secret he can't really expect everyone else's car to run like his does so there is no point constantly telling people how fucked they are. I am not saying anything negative about his car.

Am I saying 12.4@108mph is a good time for a ls6? No I am not. The last car I tuned was a very high mileage 98 Camaro with nothing but longtubes and a K&N junk over the radiator filter and it still traps 108-109 in our crappy air with a 13.0 ET on street tires and 2.x 60fts (street car night so not much prep). I would hope ls6 intake, heads, and cam would add much more....but I don't know the details of the run or car. Just don't understand the point of telling the guy how bad his times sound if you have no interest in following up and maybe helping a fellow gearhead resolve the issue.

But do as you will, I've tried to make my point several times and I have nothing else to add.

And Hio, yes the VSS works properly. The only sensor that has ever given any signs of being faulty or even inaccurate is the brake switch for converter unlock.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

I said swiss cheese because I was taking a shot at him for giggles. I can remember plenty of his posts. I said what I said based on facts. His car IS holed up everywhere. I see someone who obviously has a milling machine or has patience beyond my wildest dreams because of the execution of his cheese holes. I never directly said his car was junk, maybe he or you assumed that, but he has spent a ton of time on it, its plainly obvious. Another thing, he never divulges his secrets here, he hints around at too much **** but never gives too much info. Who knows how much time he has spent. But hey here is one example to think about......He has one hood strut, that's fine, it may work fine that way. But i'm not gonna do that to my car. One, I think it looks stupid. So what he doesn't get is because someone doesn't do something to their car it may be because they choose not to. I like the security of an ebrake, my kids like to be buckled in the back seat, I like airbags and floormats etc. I race with 3/4 of a tank most times, I carry an ice chest and offer people beverages at the track, even raced with fold up chairs in the back. Hell I've never been to the track on a good DA night. The point is it is my choice for my car to not be faster then it is, it's not a deficiency.....Plus getting combos to run 100% takes time, and it may not be as important to some people. But, if he ain't figured any of this out yet, he ain't gonna. Don't know why I'm wasting my breath.
Exactly!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Keep this thread on track.

Original post was about LS6 crate vs modding his current engine. It has turned into a thread about Hio's combo, CA smog, and personal attacks. Hio's combo is interesting for sure, but let's keep the personal crap out of it.
It's why I told op to pm me if he wanted.
Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Again, this was the entire point of my first post in this thread. If those secrets are kept secret he can't really expect everyone else's car to run like his does so there is no point constantly telling people how fucked they are. I am not saying anything negative about his car.

Am I saying 12.4@108mph is a good time for a ls6? No I am not. The last car I tuned was a very high mileage 98 Camaro with nothing but longtubes and a K&N junk over the radiator filter and it still traps 108-109 in our crappy air with a 13.0 ET on street tires and 2.x 60fts (street car night so not much prep). I would hope ls6 intake, heads, and cam would add much more....but I don't know the details of the run or car. Just don't understand the point of telling the guy how bad his times sound if you have no interest in following up and maybe helping a fellow gearhead resolve the issue.

But do as you will, I've tried to make my point several times and I have nothing else to add.

And Hio, yes the VSS works properly. The only sensor that has ever given any signs of being faulty or even inaccurate is the brake switch for converter unlock.
pm sent
Exactly!
Exactly what??......you run bolt-on ls1 times with a ls6....that's what. Sad bolt-on ls1 times at that.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Exactly what??......you run bolt-on ls1 times with a ls6....that's what. Sad bolt-on ls1 times at that.
hiho ...GET A LIFE! your SO . YOUR OPINION OF MY CAR IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT I PAID FOR IT 0!

Last edited by Anthony Williams; 12-19-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 05:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HiHo, since your car has Koni's and Strano's on it If I ever get up to VIR you will have to come and run with me so I can show you what a slow ***, overweight, well driven catfish will do to your spaceship on a road course.

OR

You can bring it to Road Atlanta or Barber and I will do the same thing to it. We will see what all that "magical" horsepower you have gets you.

Seeing as it's not "drag oriented"......right?

No danger of you showing for that to happen.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:45 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I believe this thread has run it's course.

Quick Reply: LS1 to LS6.. or just drop an LS6 in?