Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which snake oil do u reccomend 4 lifter tick

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
What you just said sounds like you believe oil thickens as it warms? You have that wrong.
Sorry. Up since 3 am, I can see how what I said would lead you to believe that, was just trying to explain how the winter rating works. Technically it does thicken but that's respective of the measured temperature. Meaning the 5w is much thinner on start up than a 30 would be at start up. The 30 at 200 is much thicker than 5. When I was in printing and we would change the oil on the press in the winter it was like pumping molasses as it sat out on the dock in a containment.
Old 01-02-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled the oil filter off last week and filled up a new filter with that Risoline stuff and put the new filter on and started the truck. The lifter noise was still present at cold start up. The next day it was gone and has not came back. Yesterday I did an oil change and was surprised to see a bunch of black crap on the magnet of the drain plug. Normally there is a tiny bit of fine gray powder, but never a bunch of black sludge. I even saw a few small black clumps come out of the drain hole as it was draining. I don't remember seeing that happen before. I could be wrong. I filled it back up with oil and a fresh filter and the noise seems to be gone. I credit the Risoline.

Quick Reply: Which snake oil do u reccomend 4 lifter tick