Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All Texas Speed & Performance Camshafts Now Cam Doctored!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2004, 05:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default All Texas Speed & Performance Camshafts Now Cam Doctored!

We are proud to announce that we are now cam doctoring ALL of our Texas Speed & Performance camshafts with our new Cam Doctor Plus. We want all of our customers to know that they are getting exactly what they ordered, so every camshaft will now ship out with a cam doctor spec card. This, of course, will be at no extra charge. All of our camshafts will remain at the same price that they have been. This is the best way to alleviate problems for both the customer and TSP. So, you can order with confidence that you are getting a quality camshaft that will make great power. This is just another way for us to offer a guaranteed quality product to our customers.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance
Old 05-13-2004, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonderful!! One question... If someone has a cam already and they'd like to send it to you to be "doctor'd" will you guys do that and how much will it cost?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sweet! I just got my heads today Trevor - and I think you said my cam would be coming to your shop in a day or so - does this mean my 225 will be doctored?

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Regular

Good deal. Does this mean that the cam I purchased the other day will come with the card as well?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My TSP cam shipped Friday and it arrived today.

No card ...
Old 05-13-2004, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

My cam should ship out tomorrow. So hopefully it will be doctored before I get it? Pretty please?

Brad Ferguson
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The cam doctor arrived this morning, so any camshafts that had been shipped through yesterday were not doctored. However, any customer that has bought a camshaft from us at any point in the past can send it back to be cam doctored for no charge. You will just be responsible for the shipping of the camshaft back to you. Any camshafts that have not been shipped yet will most definitely be doctored. That includes yours, too, Brad.

If you have a camshaft that was not purchased from us but you would like to have it cam doctored, you can certainly send it to us to be checked out. The fee is $25 + the shipping back to you.

Let me know if any of you have any other questions.

Trevor
Old 05-13-2004, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds great guys. I spoke to Jason yesterday about my cam to be cam doctored. Let me know what the outcome is, thanks guys!
Old 05-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Launching!

sounds like great service, I can not wait til I order my package

JEFF
Old 05-14-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
The cam doctor arrived this morning, so any camshafts that had been shipped through yesterday were not doctored. However, any customer that has bought a camshaft from us at any point in the past can send it back to be cam doctored for no charge. You will just be responsible for the shipping of the camshaft back to you. Any camshafts that have not been shipped yet will most definitely be doctored. That includes yours, too, Brad.

If you have a camshaft that was not purchased from us but you would like to have it cam doctored, you can certainly send it to us to be checked out. The fee is $25 + the shipping back to you.

Let me know if any of you have any other questions.

Trevor
Alright, thanks!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:12 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

call me stupid but shouldnt you have already been doctoring and sending cam cards out with all your cams.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrp
call me stupid but shouldnt you have already been doctoring and sending cam cards out with all your cams.
I would think they would have come with a cam card from the company that ground the cam in the 1st place. Could be wrong though
Old 05-14-2004, 04:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

I know my MTI came with a spec sheet.

good to have reguardless if they were first or not.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:46 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Originally Posted by SSean
I would think they would have come with a cam card from the company that ground the cam in the 1st place. Could be wrong though
good point.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:12 AM
Launching!

hell, my GM asa camshaft didnt even come with a cam card... wtf is that all about
Old 05-14-2004, 08:18 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jrp
Well I don't want to call you stupid, but most tuners don't "doctor" their cams and send out the specs. Most tuners send the cam with the cam card that the manufacturer has supplied, which are not always accurate. The cam doctor is a nice service that TSP is offering, in order for their customers to get the true specs. of their camshaft.
Old 05-14-2004, 10:31 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

There is a big difference between the manufacturer's cam card and a cam doctor spec card. The regular cam card that comes from the manufacturer will show what the cam SHOULD be. This doesn't mean that the cam is what it really is, though. A cam doctor allows us to "read" the lobes of the camshaft to get the exact specs. This way we know that someone didn't fall asleep while grinding the cams and give you a 220/220 cam when it's boxed as a 231/237. A cam doctor will tell you exactly what you really have, not what it should be.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Trevor
Old 05-14-2004, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Another Wonderful service brought to you by the great guys at TSP ...

Hey Trevor... I should be ordering my rear if the bike ever sells
Old 05-14-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a big difference between the manufacturer's cam card and a cam doctor spec card. The regular cam card that comes from the manufacturer will show what the cam SHOULD be. This doesn't mean that the cam is what it really is, though. A cam doctor allows us to "read" the lobes of the camshaft to get the exact specs. This way we know that someone didn't fall asleep while grinding the cams and give you a 220/220 cam when it's boxed as a 231/237. A cam doctor will tell you exactly what you really have, not what it should be.

Trevor
Are you supplying data for each of the 16 lobes on every cam? If so, that's cool, but it seems to me it might be time consuming to gather all that data. It would be interesting to see the lobe indexing accuracy and the lobe-to-lobe consistency.

Are your cams ground on a traditional master-lobe cam grinder or a full CNC cam grinder like the Okuma?

Thanks for the update.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:42 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Trevor
thanks trevor. answers my question completly . my tr230 was doctored so i just assummed they all were.