Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Cube LS1 Cylinder Heads

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:55 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Gods honest truth, for what you want OP, you should call Chris at Frankenstein Racing Heads. His LS6 CTSV was over 500HP with heads cam and intake.

His heads are literally art. That's all there is to it. Pricey yes, but you said money wasn't an issue. If want over 500, he'll get you there.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Flow Wizard

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would do a Mamofied 230 for a guy really on a mission and who was willing to flycut which you really have to be if your serious on your intentions to get there. That allows you to stab in the right cam and mill the heads enough to get the DCR up where you need it to be.

At barely 232 cc's finished they flow around 340 CFM.....most ported LS6 heads end up there or larger in cc's and fall 20-40 CFM shy of that CFM figure, not meeting the exhaust numbers either. The 230 I rework still has good airspeed in a medium (not large) port....just what you need for this type of combination....ported FAST....limited travel lifters, stout pushrods and lightweight valvetrain.....the right valvesprings.....hell its fun to undertake a project like this if you have the resources to see it thru.

And thats another huge issue.....very common....I see guys make a run for it.....make some good moves....good parts decisions and then run out of money and run a second hand cam, a ported LS6 intake cause they cant swing the price of the ported FAST....all too common a scenario and another huge reason the outcome never pans out (whats funny is most still expect to get there in spite of the obvious shortcuts taken and that baffles me as well....logic says otherwise).

Anyway....OP, if I can help you get there would love to be involved.....I would just encourage you to be committed mentally (and financially) for the undertaking or reduce your goals to something more fitting of the budget you have to work with.

Either way your spending alot of money and time and to be disappointed when the smoke clears cause in truth your expectations weren't realistic is a crime IMO....and that is all too common as well because people don't realize its all mathematics to some extent and the physics involved cant be cheated.

-Tony

Quick Reply: Stock Cube LS1 Cylinder Heads